• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abyss webserver and asp using Homeseer's engine

I have on my server 3 webservers.

1. Homeseer
    2. cameras
    3. actual webpage

Would like to serve some of the asp pages (comic.asp, video server after authorize) through #3.

Is there a way to use the Homeseer ASP engine on an external webserver? I'm using Abyss free webserver as the #3. ActiveHTML is how you are supposed to inject an ASP engine. Maybe someone has done this? I basically do NOT want to allow people into my Homeseer server if I can help it.

Any thoughts? Maybe I just need to add additional security measures password stuff.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

I've allowed guest access to my Homeseer server now for a few years and never had a problem. I consider that it is safer than IIS and since Homeseer is bespoke, less likely to be attacked by a hacker.

I have to say my Homeseer web server takes a real hammering at times from guests and with HS1 this did incur a performance hit. Now I'm on HS2 and all scripts now in VB.NET, I don't notice a thing.
    Jon

Comment

How do you isolate what buttons are shown?

Is there a custom script that you use?

I would like a small navigational thing up top for "normal" users. However, I would like somethings to be accessed without a password. As in a user comes, they can see certain pages and areassumed as a guest. Then if they click something that they need a password for, it asks.

I was trying to make this like this by blending two servers together.

One just for people who shouldn't need to access my HOME server, just access my webpage itself. Then me, which I want access to everything.

Thanks! Maybe I don't need to run abyss afterall.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Go to my Homeseer server and download my Account Links package. Hopefully it will do all you need!

You will need to set your homepage to not require a password (done via the setup/web site tag)
        Jon

Comment

So, based on the user, it will allow me to configure which pages/icons are viewed?
          --Dan

Comment

yep!
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90
              So, based on the user, it will allow me to configure which pages/icons are viewed?
              --Dan
              Yes indeed.. a fine script, highly configuable as ever from our UK Jon00.

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
              X