Z-Health Log Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Health Log Entries

Odd . . . many of the log entries generated by Z-Health (specifically, any line with "Z-Health" in it) have a white text. 'Rather hard to read.

I checked the Setup option for changing the appearance of lines in the log file and there isn't anything there. I even went so far as to specify that if the word "Z-Health" appears, display it as green.

'Still white.

Anyone else seeing this?

. . . I guess not.

Bug 2936 submitted.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
      . . . I guess not.

Bug 2936 submitted.

Randy
      The reason I didn't answer is twofold - 1) Z-Health has not run for me since last fall (I thought you were having the same problem) and 2) I question how important it is and even if it is a good idea, unless you are frequently adding or removing devices from your network.

Since I purchased the Z-Net virtually every device I have communicates directly with the controller and optimizations tend to add very circuitous routes to devices. With that in mind I now don't touch my network and I don't want it 'fixing" routing tables that work great.

I haven't tried Z-Health since I bought the controller. That said, I enabled it on the 14th when you first posted the question, but it hasn't run so I can't comment on log entries.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        The reason I didn't answer is twofold - 1) Z-Health has not run for me since last fall (I thought you were having the same problem) and 2) I question how important it is and even if it is a good idea, unless you are frequently adding or removing devices from your network.

Since I purchased the Z-Net virtually every device I have communicates directly with the controller and optimizations tend to add very circuitous routes to devices. With that in mind I now don't touch my network and I don't want it 'fixing" routing tables that work great.

I haven't tried Z-Health since I bought the controller. That said, I enabled it on the 14th when you first posted the question, but it hasn't run so I can't comment on log entries.
        Thanks for your response, Randy.

I've still got a combination of 20+ Intermatic CA600 and CA3000 dimmers and switches that I have every intention of replacing. Until then, every utility power bump causes problems with them and I have to remove and re-add them to the network. When that happens, it gets followed by several optimizations and full optimizations. However, I have one particular Everspring siren in my garage that just won't find its route back to the controller (Z-Net). Though I can't explain why, I've noticed that Z-Health will reestablish the route (occasionally), so I use it. I've also determined that I can manually assign a route through the Node Information page, by specifying a nearby device ID that has a direct link to the controller.

It's a solution/workaround, but it still puzzles me why the log file is using white text for its Z-Health entries.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
          Thanks for your response, Randy.

I've still got a combination of 20+ Intermatic CA600 and CA3000 dimmers and switches that I have every intention of replacing. Until then, every utility power bump causes problems with them and I have to remove and re-add them to the network. When that happens, it gets followed by several optimizations and full optimizations. However, I have one particular Everspring siren in my garage that just won't find its route back to the controller (Z-Net). Though I can't explain why, I've noticed that Z-Health will reestablish the route (occasionally), so I use it. I've also determined that I can manually assign a route through the Node Information page, by specifying a nearby device ID that has a direct link to the controller.

It's a solution/workaround, but it still puzzles me why the log file is using white text for its Z-Health entries.

Randy
          I understand. While I don't want to run it, I am curious why it is running for you and not for me.

Comment

I understand. While I don't want to run it, I am curious why it is running for you and not for me.
            O, it's still quite temperamental. For instance, I scheduled it yesterday to start at 12:30am and run 'til 6:20am this morning. It actually started up at 5:30am but got the ending time right. Go figure.

Comment

It has never run for me as well. As rprade stated, in most cases it's probably best to leave the network alone, don't fix it if it's not broken. So I've never really worried about it not working.
              Mike

Comment

the ONLY reason to run Z-Health is if you frequently move items around in your home... plug-in modules, for example. If that doesn't describe you, then don't run it. I ran it briefly when it was first introduced (back in HS2-land) and I haven't touched it since.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  the ONLY reason to run Z-Health is if you frequently move items around in your home... plug-in modules, for example. If that doesn't describe you, then don't run it. I ran it briefly when it was first introduced (back in HS2-land) and I haven't touched it since.
                  I can only see one upside to Z-Health and that is that if one of your nodes that was a participant in routing failed, Z-Health *might* automatically cure routing issues. I would bet that is unlikely and I also (personally) would rather fix it myself than to potentially have a defective device hidden from me. I can see many downsides to running Z-Health on a properly working network.

Comment

I can only see one upside to Z-Health and that is that if one of your nodes that was a participant in routing failed, Z-Health *might* automatically cure routing issues. I would bet that is unlikely and I also (personally) would rather fix it myself than to potentially have a defective device hidden from me. I can see many downsides to running Z-Health on a properly working network.
                    One node, yes, like that Everspring siren. Unfortunately, until I get all the Intermatic dimmers and switches replaced, I'll be continually removing and re-adding devices, and my Z-Wave network will never work right.

When that finally happens, I'll be saying "Good-Bye" to Z-Health, too.

PS. Interesting thread regarding the Intermatic issues at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=148825

Comment

Working...
                    X