Premium API KEY URL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium API KEY URL

New sign ups on World Weather only get a 60 day trail of premium API key.

Problem is the URL for premium is different then free and the plugin is failing to get data.

Is there anyway to use premium api url with this plugin?

Yeah. I just need to get the new URL and can post how to use it.

I'll try to find it tomorrow evening when I get home from work.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Its very easy and I tested it. Only difference was the free/v2 is premium/v1 in the url string

http://developer.worldweatheronline....earch-api.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        Yeah. I just need to get the new URL and can post how to use it.
        Any quick Instructions on how to use the new URL?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
          Any quick Instructions on how to use the new URL?
          In the HomeSeer HS3\config\weatherXML directory look for the file weatherInfo.ini.
          Search for [wwoCommon]

if you don't find it add the following to the top of the ini file
          PHP Code:
           [wwoCommon]
          wwoDownloadURLCur1=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/premium/v1/weather.ashx?q= 
          If you do find [wwoCommon] then just add the key to that section.

You will have to restart the weatherXML plugin to get it to use the new url.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

In the HomeSeer HS3\config\weatherXML directory look for the file weatherInfo.ini.
            Search for [wwoCommon]

if you don't find it add the following to the top of the ini file
            PHP Code:
             [wwoCommon]
            wwoDownloadURLCur1=http://api.worldweatheronline.com/premium/v1/weather.ashx?q= 
            If you do find [wwoCommon] then just add the key to that section.

You will have to restart the weatherXML plugin to get it to use the new url.
            I tried updating that yesterday without any luck

There is a slight difference in what you posted today tho. So I added a new line.

wwoDownloadURLCur1=
            wwoDownloadURLC1=

I'm not sure if that's the issue or if it was a typo.

Comment

This is what it being looked for in the ini file.

wwoDownloadURLCur1

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

This is what it being looked for in the ini file.

wwoDownloadURLCur1

Thanks it seems to be working in Homeseer, Now I'm just trying to figure out how to work this in HStouch Designer. I used a templet from another user and it has RSS data looking for URL:
                http://weather.homeseer.com/weather/...yforecast&loc=[$LATITUDE],[$LONGITUDE]&apikey=[$WEATHERAPIKEY]

But I get errors and no data on my screens for any of the weather info. I'm trying to put two and two together.

I get the following error attached when I try and manually get data form that url.

Any ideas?
                Attached Files

Comment

The URL in that designer screen is using the HS url. That isn't coming from the plugin.

Since you are using the weatherXML, I would suggest that you setup some devices on the weatherXML HSTouch page.
                  Then edit the HSTouch page, to use the devices instead of the RSS feed.

HSTouch will only update the RSS file once every 20 minutes. But devices will update as soon as the device value changes.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The URL in that designer screen is using the HS url. That isn't coming from the plugin.

Since you are using the weatherXML, I would suggest that you setup some devices on the weatherXML HSTouch page.
                    Then edit the HSTouch page, to use the devices instead of the RSS feed.

HSTouch will only update the RSS file once every 20 minutes. But devices will update as soon as the device value changes.
                    That's good info to know and makes everything i been doing for nothing probely.

Since everything is there im suprised its not working and my easiest way would be to get that working so everything will self populate.

But going back to this plugin i already paid for and have weather underground plugin for homeseer. And was using that before i thought i needed this plugin.

I guess i have alot to learn. Thanks for help, it has save me from hitting a few more dead ends.

Comment

Whichever plugin you end up deciding on, you will be better off using devices. The downside is you have to edit all the screens to match up to your devices refID.

That is the advantage to the RSS feed. You should not have to edit the HSTouch pages. If you don't mind the delay then it should be easier.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I cover the differences in this thread with the weatherXML HSTouh pages.
                        But the concepts are the same for any plugin.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173620
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks again for your help. I have already got moat everything switched over to the plugin as it wasnt difficult. Still have some house cleaning to do and with all the plugin children i need to clean up those and decied what else to add or scrap. Curious as to why i couldn't get rss to work and probley play with that a bit.

Seems this plugin can update sooner then the ultraweather plugin which I believe is only every 15 min. I was using weather underground before my HS3 days but playing with weatherxml i probley never needed to buy that plugin.

Thanks again for all your help and that link.

Comment

This is a bit of a disappointing post; which is not very clear to others.
                            It would have been really handy to recap or clear step by step instructions.

I would like to use this plugin (I have the 60 day premium).

Please can you give step by step instructions; I thought I had done the above and I still can not get my devices in the HS3 web interface to load data correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeycoles View Post
                              This is a bit of a disappointing post; which is not very clear to others.
                              It would have been really handy to recap or clear step by step instructions.

I would like to use this plugin (I have the 60 day premium).

Please can you give step by step instructions; I thought I had done the above and I still can not get my devices in the HS3 web interface to load data correctly.
                              Your answer is in post #5. But I started the thread with a question and it got answered on post #5 then there was some other talk about my other problems which are probley unrelated to your question.

And a recap on that is don't follow what I did in post#6 he was correct in his original post of #5. Add the line like he says in post #5 and your good to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X