Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script Error - Anyone know how to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    as one of the rare freaks who loves Vista, I guess all I can say is that I'll look forward to W7 even more! Tell me...does W7 MC support Vista extenders?
    Yes, not only does it support them it makes them better. 7 transcodes all media on the server and streams to the extenders on the fly, so they play anything that the server will play. Out of the box, 7 plays all my media apart from .mkv, but that is easily fixed. So now for the first time ever, I can play everything on my extenders.
    Jon

Comment

whoah!

Wait a sec...so for instance - my whole dvd collection that I have on my 2 TB raid 5 array...I use the mymovies media center plugin. So now I can watch those via an extender!?

(sorry to hijack the thread)
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
        Wait a sec...so for instance - my whole dvd collection that I have on my 2 TB raid 5 array...I use the mymovies media center plugin. So now I can watch those via an extender!?

(sorry to hijack the thread)
        Yes, you can actually now do this without the MyMovies plugin, the 'DVD Library' is now the 'Movies Library' and you can play VIDEO_TS on MC and on extenders

Jon

Comment

I am experiencing this error too with setuphs2_3_0_19. I am using a ghosted install of Vista Home Premium SP1 and have *never* experienced this error when installing setuphs2_2_0_66.

I would assume HomeSeer tech would want to fix this error as it may turn away people trying out HomeSeer.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
            I would definitely try it - that is a download and (probably) automatic install of MSScript.ocx. What the error is saying though is that a type library that uses it is having a problem, so it may not fix it.

The other method is that you probably already have msscript.ocx on your system from the HomeSeer installation, it is just not registered. Go to your \Windows\System32 directory with a command prompt and type:
            Code:
            regsvr32 msscript.ocx
            If it comes back with a message that the registration succeeded, then try starting HomeSeer again and see if it works.
            This suggestion did not work for me.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Regsvr32

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
              I would definitely try it - that is a download and (probably) automatic install of MSScript.ocx. What the error is saying though is that a type library that uses it is having a problem, so it may not fix it.

The other method is that you probably already have msscript.ocx on your system from the HomeSeer installation, it is just not registered. Go to your \Windows\System32 directory with a command prompt and type:
              Code:
              regsvr32 msscript.ocx
              If it comes back with a message that the registration succeeded, then try starting HomeSeer again and see if it works.
              I just recently transferred my HomeSeer2 installation to a new server and I was getting these error messages all throughout my log. I followed your recommendation Rich and after using the 'regsvr32 msscript.ocx' and restarting the error went away (Thank you!!). I also had a similar error situation with the MSWINSCK.OCX for message server and followed the same procedure and that cleared that up as well. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                This suggestion did not work for me.
                Nor Me.. I am thinking of changing to another home automation software.. very buggy on Vista now...

Comment

Originally posted by pogle View Post
                  Nor Me.. I am thinking of changing to another home automation software.. very buggy on Vista now...
                  This issue occurred on my developer machine. I still don't know why. My main HomeSeer system ran on Windows Vista since Vista was released and I never experienced one crash or any other issue. In my opinion, it is a very stable Home automation program. I am now running it on headless Windows 7 64 bit PC (along with Sage TV) and it has been rock solid.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement.. I have a Windows 7 upgrade disk, but was not sure it would allow me to upgrade my 64 bit Vista Home Premium.. I was hoping to get the current installation working before I introduced any new issues.. but maybe if W7 is better that is an approach...?

Comment

Your "upgrade" disk will allow you to either upgrade your current installation or install a fresh copy. In my experience, installing a fresh copy always works best in the long run.

I always use Norton Ghost 2003 to burn an image of the OS partition before begining any upgrade because it allows me to do a bare metal restore if I experience any problems during the installation of the new operating sytem.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                      X