Netduino - Arduino for .NET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netduino - Arduino for .NET

I just learned about this, but apparently it has been around for a while. Looks really cool. They even have a Pro version with an Ethernet connection, and VB.net support is in Beta.

http://netduino.com/

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

I bought a normal arduino not so long back to get working with HS as a GPIO solution, most likely would end up just being digitial ins/outs/PWM as interfacing I2C would probably go above my abilities - sadly its still sitting in the box it came in. I looked at the netduino but at that time I think it was just supporting C# or something like that, good to know that vb.net is supported - may be convinced into getting one to make my life easier....

Comment

The main advantage as I see it is that in the Pro version there's a Ethernet connection and with the .NET Micro Framework you don't need to reinvent the wheel just to make it talk to you over the LAN.

It would be great if it could be made wireless, but I'm guessing it's not impossible...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I know that you can get an XBee module for a regular Arduino to go wireless (serial). I would suspect that a wifi shield exists.

On a related note, I got into Arduino a while back and was in the process of hooking one up to a water flow meter. Shoulder surgery set me back a little The Arduino is a blast to play with and is super-cheap. I hope to complete my water flow monitoring project with Arduino and a plug-in before the end of the year.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

There are lots of people building custom home automation devices using Netduinos. Like the sprinkler system Mike Linnen built which was featured on Engadget earlier this week.

mrhappy -- yes, VB is supported. Release candidate is out now, release version expected from Microsoft in the next month.

moskus, rmasonjr -- yes, both XBee and WiFi shields work with Netduino.

It would be really cool to hook some of them up to HomeSeer. I have a copy of HomeSeer Pro here; I'll have to think of something cool to do

Chris
          Secret Labs LLC
          [Netduino is our open source hardware platform.]

Comment

I have been using an Ardunio with Homeseer for about 2 years now and it works flawlessly.

I put this statement in my startup.txt script which opens the Arduino com port and states what script to run when data is received:

hs.run "comport_open_Arduino1.txt"

The code in my Arduino reads data from sensors every minute and then sends that data out the serial port in the form:

OutsideTemp=73<cr>

The "com_Event_Ardunio1.txt" file runs only when data is followed by a carriage return. This script parses the variable and data and puts it into a Virtual Device for Homeseer.

I have attached the files to open the com port and the event/script that runs when a carriage return is received which means I have a sensor reading. I also included my Arduino code.

Let me know if anyone has questions.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

zakrzep - are you doing anything with your arduino and digital io - like reed switches?
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                zakrzep - are you doing anything with your arduino and digital io - like reed switches?
                I only have some temp, humidity and analog pressure sensors hooked up to it. You can hook relays, but probably need external circuitry becasue of the curent draw. I think its good for a low cost digital input.

Comment

What sensors are you hooking up to it zakrzep?

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                    What sensors are you hooking up to it zakrzep?

I believe I just have two digital SHT15 temperature and humidity sensors, a digital DS18S20 temp sensor, and a analog MPX5500DP pressure sensor for pool filter?

Comment

I posted this at the Netduino forums, I can just as well post it here too...

My "Sleep Monitor" is getting closer to the finish line. People that say that accelerometers are noise are correct. I've done alot to try to filter out the noise, but the main problem was to find a way to go from the "absolute" g-level to a "relative" vibration level. A sort of moving average was the answer.

I'm planning to make it wireless too, with a little help from Bert and RFXCOM.

Below is a graph of last nights sleep. You can see it took me ca. 30-40 minutes to fall asleep. My little baby girl wanted food around 2-ish. Can you tell that my alarm clock rang at 06:55?
                      Attached Files

Comment

This thing is nice. Looks like if you plug it into the server via USB, it will be powered by USB. Dot Net architecture means it survives to run on Linux if/when that becomes necessary.

I've not seen such a "no brainer" for Digital & Analog I/O interfacing for HA before.
                        Paul

Comment

Per Moskus' first post, here is the vb.net firmware in advanced testing from Secret Labs
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                            Per Moskus' first post, here is the vb.net firmware in advanced testing from Secret Labs
                            ... and it is working quite good!

I never thought I would be programming a microcontroller using VB.

Comment

Moskus- what are you using to compile your VB? Visual Basic 2010 Express says its for evaluation only and presents a nag up to 30 days and then cuts it off.

What really happens? Can you keep using it or pay?

I have been using SharpDevelop for HS work and it free and works well

Paul
                              Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X