Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean's AD2USB with homeseer 1.7?

Hey guys,

I have a Ademco V128b panel and I was looking to buy Sean's AD2USB adapter.
    Does anyone know if it will work with Homeseer 1.7? Or do I have to upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
      Hey guys,

I have a Ademco V128b panel and I was looking to buy Sean's AD2USB adapter.
      Does anyone know if it will work with Homeseer 1.7? Or do I have to upgrade?
      there is not a plugin for the AD2USB, yet. but when there is, it will be for hs2 only
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

question about Sean's AD2USB adapter

Ok, So no homeseer plugin yet, how can I use it to talk to my panel?
        I'm using x-10 and also the Ademco v128b panel also I have homeseer 1.7.

Currently I have events programmed to the panel and it sends x-10 commands out via the x-10 transformer to homeseer and it sees them and acts on the rules I have specified. How are other people using the AD2USB adapter?

Comment

Ok, So no homeseer plugin yet, how can I use it to talk to my panel?
          I'm using x-10 and also the Ademco v128b panel also I have homeseer 1.7.

Currently I have events programmed to the panel and it sends x-10 commands out via the x-10 transformer to homeseer and it sees them and acts on the rules I have specified. How are other people using the AD2USB adapter?
          i am using the x10 method as well with my 20se. I have started writing a vb.net script to monitor the panel messages (they are simple ascii text) from the AD2USB.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

question about Sean's AD2USB adapter

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
            i am using the x10 method as well with my 20se. I have started writing a vb.net script to monitor the panel messages (they are simple ascii text) from the AD2USB.
            Ok so what does the script do, and does it run within a piece of software?
            How would you suggest i go about this if I was going to use Sean's AD2USB adapter?

Comment

Ok so what does the script do, and does it run within a piece of software?
              How would you suggest i go about this if I was going to use Sean's AD2USB adapter?
              Tommy,
              I have started developing an HS2 plug-in for the ADM2USB. Please see the following thread (specifically post #10) and make some comments

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...0&goto=newpost
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I have developed a plugin for the nutech.com AD2USB Vista Alarm interface

The AD2USB interface is $80, and i will selling my plugin via HST for $45. A much better deal than the ICM @ around $250.

Look for my new Vista Alarm sub-forum coming soon to the Security section of this board.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Very interested in the AD2USB and Plugin.. Price seems fair.

Are they taking orders for the AD2USB now?

and...

Do you have an ETA (however rough) for the plugin?

I wouldn't mind ordering it now and helping with any testing if needed.

(I have a Vista20P Installed by ADT. I own the equipment and pay ADT for monitoring only... so i assume i can add a "keypad" which is what i believe is required without getting ADT permission.)

Thank you for taking on the work of developing the Plugin.
                  Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
                    Very interested in the AD2USB and Plugin.. Price seems fair.

Are they taking orders for the AD2USB now?

and...

Do you have an ETA (however rough) for the plugin?

I wouldn't mind ordering it now and helping with any testing if needed.

(I have a Vista20P Installed by ADT. I own the equipment and pay ADT for monitoring only... so i assume i can add a "keypad" which is what i believe is required without getting ADT permission.)

Thank you for taking on the work of developing the Plugin.
                    Yes, nutech.com is selling the ad2usb now. My plugin is ready now as well. I have a msi installation package all set. I plan to post it in my forum once HST sets it up.

Connecting the ad2usb is exactly like connecting an additional keypad...very easy. You should consider where you are going to mount the ad2usb, i had to buy a 15' usb cable so i could mount the device in my closet as opposed to right next to my computer.

nutech.com also has a virtual keypad that you can use from your computer which makes armchair programming a snap.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

The Vista Alarm plug-in for the AD2USB is avail for download

see the following thread in the NEW Ademco Vista Security Plug-in (3P) forum

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136099
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I had a good question the other day regarding AD2USB. Someone wanted to know if it worked on other partitions. The answer is yes. You can also have multiple AD2USB devices attached no problem. The device also see's system keypad messages in effect it sees everything on the wire.

It also has the ability to send messages to other keypads. So for example it could be used to send caller ID data to all keypads in the house.

Re
                        Sean M

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
                          I also have a Vista20P installed/monitored by ADT; I own the equipment as per contract. I have installed in the last couple of years 2 extra keypads, 2 heat detectors, 1 hardwired garage door sensor, 3 motion detectors and just yesterday installed the AD2USB . All I do is call ADT and put my system on test (say 4 hours) and then do my thing. No problems here.

I really like the AD2USB it is working very well.

Cheers
                          Jim

Comment

VISTAICM Zone Report

Hi
                            I have problem with zone reporting. I am using VISTA ICM plug in version
                            1.0.1.1 and Homeseer 2.3.0.19. If I open my front door it will report status FAULT and I will keep that door open and after maybe 10 seconds status in homeseer log will change to Ready. I thought it should stay FAULT as long as my door is open

Comment

Originally posted by almen View Post
                              Hi
                              1.0.1.1 and Homeseer 2.3.0.19. If I open my front door it will report status FAULT and I will keep that door open and after maybe 10 seconds status in homeseer log will change to Ready. I thought it should stay FAULT as long as my door is open
                              It should.

Look at a keypad and see what it shows. It should show fault and if you press * it should report what zones are faulted. If that shows the fault then the ICM should too and as long as the HS plugin is working it should see the same as the keypad and the ICM modules web interface can see.

I have heard of some glitches using the ICM with HS but I will let others that have used it before confirm or deny that and suggest fixes as I have never used one.

Re
                              Sean

Comment

Originally posted by almen View Post
                                Hi
                                Let me try to look at home and see if I can recreate this issue. Should be fairly easy to try.

If I can't recreate it, I'll ping you to get some log information.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X