Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

w800 not reciving data

Hi,

i rebuilt my pc to WHS 2011 and now i cannot get my x10 rf w800 to receive anything. its installed ok, but does not seem to get any x10 commands.

any ideas?

Raptor
    HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
    53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
    https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

See if it works with either HyperTerminal or PuTTY...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

That happens to me once...oh, every 6-8 months.

Just pull the power and serial cable. Wait 5 seconds. Plug in the serial, then power.

Maybe just power...but if I am going to get behind the 19" rack, I might as well just do both.

I actually go one step farther and also reset my USB to serial port box at the same time.

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

i agree.. i wasnt getting any signal to mine and thought I had a bad one so I bought a new one... to find out it just needed to be unplugged then plugged back in...

so now i have a spare..
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Today I have three W800's. Two are active and utilized today with ACRF2. One antenna is in the attic and one is on the main floor. That said the one in the attic by itself does OK without the one running on the main floor. The endeavor all started though with an MR26A modded a bit which also worked OK for a few years.

So far with V.80 / ACRF2 plugin connected to W800 response times are quick not skipping a beat and no delays as I saw with previous HS Beta versions.

One W800 quit working a few years back. I would plug it in and it would work for a day or so and quit. I sent it in to get looked at and WGL stated there was nothing wrong with it. That said I replaced it with a new one and all was fine and its been like this now for more than 3 years.

I have tested their functionality by using ACRF2 in debug mode such that I can see all of the X10 traffic there. I have never connected a terminal to a direct serial to the W800. I have also connected it to the mcsXAPW800 side mounted application mostly to see the speed differences between running it via HS Plugin and side mounted. IE: last year utilized this methodology for my manual sprinkler zone on and off stuff.

Side note relating to using W2011 for Homeseer.

With W2011 testing a while ago I tested using the same HS to device connectivity that I utilize today for W2003. (Edgeport USB hub to HS connected serial or USB devices). I also modded W2011 to provide some W7 features (which was a PITA). W7 64 bit or W2008 64 bit would probably work better; easiest though is W7 32 bit. I did test and use W8 for HSTouch and it worked fine with an Atom 1.2Ghz / 512 internal memory tablet just fine.
          Last edited by Pete; April 30, 2013, 07:22 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Still fighting this one:

log

7/9/2013 11:47:13 PM AC-RF2 Processor Warning: The RF receiver could not be located on Com 6, check device and port settings. 6
            7/9/2013 11:47:13 PM AC-RF2 Processor Device #2 Initializing - (W800RF32 receiver on Com 3)
            7/9/2013 11:54:01 PM AC-RF2 Processor Warning: The RF receiver could not be located on Com 3, check device and port settings. 3
            7/9/2013 11:54:01 PM AC-RF2 Processor No receivers were able to be initialized. Please select 'configure' from HomeSeer's Setup/Interfaces tab and select the com port and correct device.
            7/9/2013 11:54:01 PM AC-RF2 Processor ** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details have been written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\AC-RF2 Processor Error Report.Log
            7/9/2013 11:54:01 PM AC-RF2 Processor ** To request help with this problem please email the log file along with a detailed description of what
            7/9/2013 11:54:01 PM AC-RF2 Processor ** lead to this problem to technical support.
            7/9/2013 11:54:01 PM Warning 'status' property on device 2nd Floor ACRF2 Plugin ACRF2 Device Monitor was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.
            7/9/2013 11:54:02 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in AC-RF2 Processor

they are connected, device manager shows as ok.

at a loss here

Raptor
            Last edited by Raptor; July 10, 2013, 09:47 AM.
            53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Comment

I have not seen an error like the one in your logs with the W800RF2's.

I do occasionally see a lock on the serial port such that it will not open up properly. A manual via control panel system properties shut off and on doesn't fix it.

Unrelated but related; if I disconnect my Z-Troller, it will error out the plugin. If I plug it back in it does not dynamically reconnect to the serial port. I have to reboot the PC.
              This is via an ethernet serial connection. I have not checked this with a direct connect z-troller connection.

You can test the W800 using MCS XAP W800 self running program. Disable the com port (plugin setup off) to HS. Shut down HS and reboot the box. Install the MCS xAP W800 program; bring up the comm or logging of the xAP program and you can see keypresses with a palm pad or whatever. (it would be the same as in the ACRF debug). Only thing here is that you are running a separate software piece that talks directly to the hardware instead of a plugin. I used it to test my remote to the Rain8nets via the application and xap transmissions. It worked fine. Don't concern yourself with the xap transmissions; just look at the hardware logging.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111994

If you do not then your W800 may be bad. I did have one go bad (?). I sent it back to WGL and they said nothing was wrong with it when in fact it would only run for a day or two (it wasn't a power supply problem).
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

thanks Pete,

this is a usb w800 and a usb RFXCOMM both have the same issue it seems....

very odd.

Raptor

Comment

You could also try to do a cleanup of ghost USB and serial ports. Serial port clean up is a bit easier.

The direct hardware viewing via new WHS is just a few more layers in; but its still there as its always been.

Many of the USB devices that I use actually have the USB to serial FTDI chipsets such that you will see both the USB configuration and an associated serial port configuration. USB ghost cleanup is a pita.

You can get a granular look at your USB ports with this free program. The program will also deinstall the USB port devices.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Ok so i have confirmed that both the RFXcom and the W800 function. i tested them on a windows 8 laptop and they worked great.

I uninstalled them from whs 2011 and used the tool to remove the ghost devices.

the hope was i could reinstall the devices.

Unfortunately now the PC does not detect either device at all.

I have no idea what WHS 2011 is doing with the comports either...

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Raptor

Comment

ok this is def. an issue with the drivers/com ports.

i have deleted and reinstalled it all to no avail. seriously considering moving HS2 off this box....

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                        ok this is def. an issue with the drivers/com ports.

i have deleted and reinstalled it all to no avail. seriously considering moving HS2 off this box....
                        Yep, sounds like it's time for a new box or a rebuild.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yep, i think the issue is how WHS2011 manages its com ports and FTDI drivers but i am fed up with dealing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                            Yep, i think the issue is how WHS2011 manages its com ports and FTDI drivers but i am fed up with dealing with it.
                            Yes, Windows7 or good old XP is the way to go for a HomeSeer server.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here use TTS a lot and I had to modify the WHS 2011 build to include the TTS stuff from Windows 7. Major modes; too much and not worth the effort for me.

I have not every lost the USB / Serial ports. The USB ports / devices end up on the same USB bus but have noticed that the serial ports will go to whatever it thinks is free. That and that serial port thing fills up quickly. That is where I go to the advanced part of the serial ports and set the comm ports manually many times. I do always do a cold boot and never a warm boot when I play with the hardware; IE: removing and adding stuff.

A USB to serial to serially connected device is typically not a plugnplay device that is recognized by the OS. (only the USB to serial piece is plugnplay). Serial ports can get bound up and not released for use. I have trashed mine playing with the GPS serial connection and locking up MS Terminal more than a few times.

Only the serial port is seen and the device usually connects to the serial port (san's being ID'd) with the set speed / baud rate etc. Serial stuff is primitive and never has really been plug n play like USB stuff. The plug n play of a USB to serial converter typically is seen to come up right away and request drivers. Once up then it just picks a serial port that is free. I then go in and change the serial port or use the one that comes up.

Todays HS boxes (3X) are running on W2003 or XP 32 bit. None are connected to any devices via a serial port but rather just one USB cable to one USB 7 port hub to two USB to 8 serial ports devices plus now some 5 more USB devices. I do not have an RFXCom device but do have multiple w800's connected.
                              Last edited by Pete; August 23, 2013, 01:58 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X