Maintenance & Reminders Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Kern View Post
    For your second question where it was carrying the first device through, does that mean you were using the script to reconfigure via input boxes? The configurator is supposed to allow you to choose which house and device codes you want for each device and I think it displays the current one you are editing in the titlebar. Also, I can't remember offhand, but I don't think it creates the devices for you. The ASP should read the AddHouseCode key above for which house code you are looking to use. The default if there is none specified is definitely "M", perhaps that is why it locked you into it.

Not sure about the locations, I'll have to look into how Stephan is populating that combobox.
    Hello Tom,

Did you ever find out what was forcing the M house code? I'm having the same problem. I created a reminder with the house code N1 (since I'm using M for another application) and when I bring the ASP page up, it gives me drop down options from M1 to M16.

Thanks,

Todd
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Maintenance Instructions

Don't know if anyone still uses it but I thought I would write some instructions might be useful for the new guys. (their is more info in the header of the script as well.)

Version:-
      Script by Tom Kern created on 03.04.03
      Mainten.asp 1.0.1 by StePhan McKillen

To get setup this is what you do:-

1 Place Mainten.asp in the HTML folder.
      2 Place Maintenance.vbs in the SCRIPTS folder.
      3 Place GreenCheckSmall.gif, BlankBkGrnd.gif into the HTML\IMAGES folder.

Create a recurring event called Refresh Maintenance to run the Maintenance.vbs script once a day. This checks to see what reminders are due.

Create a manual event called Setup Maintenance to run Maintenance.vbs script and in the Optional parameters box enter ("main","change") including the brackets. This allows you to setup your reminders and create new ones.

Create a manual event called Clear Maintenance to run Maintenance.vbs script and in the Optional parameters box enter ("main","clearini") including the brackets. This clears all previous settings.

Now using your main Homeseer PC run the Setup Maintenance event and you should get a setup box asking the following:-

1. How many total devices would you like to configure? (Over estimate as they can be disabled until needed!)
      2. What house code & device code do you want to use for each?
      3. Enter a maintenance date for each item
      4. Enter the maintenance message for each item
      5. Enter number of days when a warning message is displayed (Optional)
      6. Enter a warning message for this maintenance item (Optional)
      7. Enter an Email Address (Optional)

!!!!!! For some reason the data from the previous device is automatically entered in to each field !!!!!!

Once you have entered these details call the mainten.asp page from Homeseer i.e http://localhost:80/mainten.asp
      You will see a page with all the devices you entered correct any mistakes you may have made choose the schedule period and click update.

You need to manually create the devices in Homeseer once this is done run the Refresh Maintenance event once and viola your reminders are on the status page.

You can change any of the reminders setting by going back to the mainten.asp page. once you run the Setup Maintenance event or the Clear Maintenance event it is not possible to make changes using the mainten.asp page.

!!!! KEEP A COPY OF ALL YOUR REMINDERS AND DEVICE CODES !!!!

TROUBLESHOOTING

If your gettin the following error

Script error: Type mismatch: 'CInt' For i = 1 To CInt(NumDevices) KeyInfo = Trim(hs.GetINISetting("Maintenance", "MData" & CStr(i), ""))

You are not on the main Homeseer PC

Hope it's of help
      Mark
      Last edited by wher2guv; March 20, 2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: Added which version I was on about

Comment

Current Version

Is there a new version?

Bill Hogsett

Comment

No but I thought that it might be of some use to have the instructions.

I have just reinstalled it and have had to get my head round how to do it so thought I would write it down this time.

Mark

Comment

e-mail error

Mark, I have now setup your maintenance script.

I get this error message in the log:

3/28/2008 6:06:30 AM - Warning - Sending email To: billhogsett@eaton.com aborted after 4 tries
            3/28/2008 6:06:30 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
            3/28/2008 6:06:00 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
            3/28/2008 6:05:30 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
            3/28/2008 6:05:00 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
            3/28/2008 6:05:00 AM - Maintenance - Status: Make and appointment and then get oil changed (2 Days)

(read from the bottom up)

I suspect it is my HS e-mail configuration. But other scripts (eg. CNN alerts) send e-mail.

Any suggestions?

Bill

Comment

What exactly does this script do? Is this for reminder to do things? and whats special about this script comparing this with the calender script in HS?
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Sorry bill I didn't write the script I just tried to make the instructions a bit easier I don't use it to send emails myself. I'm working for the next few days but on my next day off I'll have a go and se if I can get it to work.

Comment

Thanks, I'll see if I can get it working myself and post any fixes.

Bill

Comment

Hi bill had a quick look this morning I think you need to have a default senders email address in the homeseer email setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      What exactly does this script do? Is this for reminder to do things? and whats special about this script comparing this with the calender script in HS?
                      Yes this just makes a device for each reminder and gives the status of the reminder and how many days till it's due.
                      I can't compare the two I haven't used the calender script.

I just wrote some install instructions for this because I had it installed then when I had to reinstall everything and I couldn't remember how I installed it originally.

I wrote it down this time and thought it might be useful to someone else, plus if I need to install again I can find my post. (paper gets lost in my house)

Comment

Hi, first well done for this pluging... it's a good idea !

But i have a strange message

Code:

Script error: Type incompatible: 'CDate'

iTemp = DateDiff("D", Now, CDate(ChangeDate))
                        'Write data to page

for me, my format date is like that : 13 septembre 2008

could you help me?
                        thx

Thierry From France

Comment

For anybody else trying to setup this script

Th email errors seen here:
                          Originally posted by bhogsett View Post
                          Mark, I have now setup your maintenance script.

I get this error message in the log:

3/28/2008 6:06:30 AM - Warning - Sending email To: billhogsett@eaton.com aborted after 4 tries
                          3/28/2008 6:06:30 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                          3/28/2008 6:06:00 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                          3/28/2008 6:05:30 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                          3/28/2008 6:05:00 AM - Error - Sending email using SMTP: At least one of the From or Sender fields is required, and neither was found.
                          3/28/2008 6:05:00 AM - Maintenance - Status: Make and appointment and then get oil changed (2 Days)

(read from the bottom up)

I suspect it is my HS e-mail configuration. But other scripts (eg. CNN alerts) send e-mail.

Any suggestions?

Bill
                          Can be fixed by editing the Maintenance.vbs script and changing this line
                          Code:
                          Const HomeSeerEmailAddress = ""
                          to reflect what you want as a "From:" address on the email message
                          Code:
                          Const HomeSeerEmailAddress = "HSMaintenance@yourdomain.com"
                          If you do this small script change and follow the *GREAT* instructions provided by Mark in post #17 it will run like a champ! Mine does!

Good luck!
                          Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Tom Kern has not been seen in, from what I can tell, since 2011 so over 10years...

I really liked this script and also one of my used scripts that i could show on page or have it do a speak through the alarm speaker. Really liked it...

think any of you programming guru's would create one for HS4?? cough jon00 ... cough

I am going to google this sample plugin now and try to take a peek and hopefully not scare myself!!!!!
                            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                              Tom Kern has not been seen in, from what I can tell, since 2011 so over 10years...

I really liked this script and also one of my used scripts that i could show on page or have it do a speak through the alarm speaker. Really liked it...

think any of you programming guru's would create one for HS4?? cough jon00 ... cough

I am going to google this sample plugin now and try to take a peek and hopefully not scare myself!!!!!
                              Why can't you use Days Till?
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Why can't you use Days Till?
                                hah... i knew you were going to say that...
                                i guess I can... say take trash out, and have it repeat weekly and speak, txt my kid...

i forget what this had as there are no screenshots... aight i will keep adding to yours!
                                thx...
                                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                                X