Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I find all events that reference a device?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I find all events that reference a device?

Didn't 1.7 show all events that referenced a device in the lower window? I can't find a way to do this with 2.0? This is important because I want to be sure a device isn't referenced in an event before I delete it.

Click the little checkbox for the device in question and use the dropdown at the bottom of your device page. The entry "View event references for device" is what I think you are looking for.

Later, Terry

Comment

That would be what I'm looking for except that it only shows one event for any device I select, even devices that I KNOW are referenced in many events.

Comment

That's odd. It works for me by showing all events where the selected device is referanced.

Comment

That's listed as fixed in 1997.
          Fixed "Events Referencing Device" view which was broken with the event page sorting change in a previous release.
          jim

Comment

Thanks. Now I have to decide whether to install 1997 to fix this problem and risk breaking something else. I see where some people are having problems with 1997. My system is pretty stable right now so I'm hesitant to change anything but I do need this capability.

Comment

I have the same question

Sorry to bump a 10+ year old thread but I have this same question now. How do I find all the events that reference a particular device? I don't see a dropdown on the current version as mentioned in this thread.

Ooops I just saw this was referencing HS2 but I'm on HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                Sorry to bump a 10+ year old thread but I have this same question now. How do I find all the events that reference a particular device? I don't see a dropdown on the current version as mentioned in this thread.

Ooops I just saw this was referencing HS2 but I'm on HS3.
                If you look on the events page at the top there should be three drop down display filters, look furthest right and there should be one labelled referencing devices. In here you can specify a device.

Comment

Working...
                X