Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me an idiot, I tried using the install.txt (which does seem to have far more detailed instructions than anything I can find in here, unless I'm missing something), and when I try to run 'npm' anything, I get an error that it doesn't exist. I also can't get the hsproxy service to start, error being 'The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error' etc. Any advice? the interface looks very cool, it's just all blank

Comment

Originally posted by unbwogable View Post
      Call me an idiot, I tried using the install.txt (which does seem to have far more detailed instructions than anything I can find in here, unless I'm missing something), and when I try to run 'npm' anything, I get an error that it doesn't exist. I also can't get the hsproxy service to start, error being 'The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error' etc. Any advice? the interface looks very cool, it's just all blank
      If you installed node correctly then NPM should work. NPM stands for "node package manager". Node would need to be successfully installed on your system with all its paths property configured for npm to work correctly.

The proxy not starting is usually a sign of trying to run node from a command prompt and not having admin privileges or your firewall is blocking the ports.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
        If you installed node correctly then NPM should work. NPM stands for "node package manager". Node would need to be successfully installed on your system with all its paths property configured for npm to work correctly.

The proxy not starting is usually a sign of trying to run node from a command prompt and not having admin privileges or your firewall is blocking the ports.
        I downloaded from http://nodejs.org and installed to the default directory, then downloaded and extracted NSSM. Am I supposed to install Node to a different directory? The instructions don't say anything about paths until after the step to run 'npm install'

Comment

I downloaded from http://nodejs.org and installed to the default directory, then downloaded and extracted NSSM. Am I supposed to install Node to a different directory? The instructions don't say anything about paths until after the step to run 'npm install'
          Nope. You just let the installer do it's thing. It takes care of configuring the paths required for Node to run correctly.

Comment

Ok. Long day yesterday, logic was on the back burner. Got npm to actually do it's thing, but I get the same error (tried reinstalling the HSProxyService, says it's already installed). Same issue, blank tiles on HSMetro

Comment

Ok. Long day yesterday, logic was on the back burner. Got npm to actually do it's thing, but I get the same error (tried reinstalling the HSProxyService, says it's already installed). Same issue, blank tiles on HSMetro
              I had blank tiles initially when I was first setting it up. This was when I didn't specify the correct port number for HS in the require.config.js file (url parameter).

You can also check you have the correct refid for a given tile, and that your firewall/etc are stup, by entering the following into a browser on the machine you're running HSMetro interface on and checking you get data back from HS:

http://<HS IP Address>/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=<device refid>

Addition:
              The proxy service (I believe) is only used for updating the tiles without the need for refreshing your browser. This is a separate issue we can look at once you have data populated into the tiles the first time you call up the page)
              Last edited by JimBob; October 19, 2015, 04:03 PM. Reason: Info about proxy

Comment

Which browser are you using....the UI does not work on Windows Explorer or Edge......only Chrome and Safari are currently supported I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by naellis View Post
                  Which browser are you using....the UI does not work on Windows Explorer or Edge......only Chrome and Safari are currently supported I believe.
                  Ahh, good point. I had issues with IE a while back. The initial screen would populate ok but when switching screen using the top menu, the new screen would have blank grey tiles.

I have been using Chrome now since then.

Comment

Sorry...was away on vacation for a few days. Were you able to get this working?

Comment

sweet
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Every time I blink. There's something new on this board.

Great work.
                        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

What steps need to be performed to get this running on Linux ?
                          Is this based on droptiles, or on another Windows Tile lib?

I'm really looking for an alternative, hstouch is just too much hassle.
                          Last edited by kriz83; December 7, 2015, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                            What steps need to be performed to get this running on Linux ?
                            Is this based on droptiles, or on another Windows Tile lib?

I'm really looking for an alternative, hstouch is just too much hassle.
                            It's actually based on MetroUI which is pure HTML5, JQuery, RequireJS, and Knockout.

To install on Linux you'd create the HSMetro folder wherever the HS html folder is located and put all the files there. You would not need NSSM since it's a windows app used to create a windows service, but you would need to install NodeJS. The installers for various OS types can be found here: https://nodejs.org/dist/v4.2.3/

Once you get node installed, you can then run the NPM command to install Faye to the HSMetro folder. You need Faye for the proxy. Once Faye is installed,I'd start with a terminal instance of the proxy to make sure everything is running correctly. Once you get active updates in the UI via the proxy, then you can look to create some sort of auto start linux instance of the proxy. I'm not a regular Linux user so I'd have to google around for exactly how to do that.

The configuration steps are the same on both Windows and Linux so make sure you edit the appropriate files and make the required changes.

Comment

Got it working now, thanks !
                              Really liking this !

Few questions/suggestions:
                              - How do you span a button over multiple columns ? (e.g. first row has 3 button, second only 1)
                              - On my S6, N5 and N7 I have to refresh the page after going back to the browser before it works
                              - I'm noticing a delay of 1-2 seconds after turning a lamp on in the UI, is this normal ?
                              - Maybe its a good idea to put this on github or something, so others can join in ?
                              Last edited by kriz83; December 8, 2015, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sputnik View Post
                                Hey Wposner,

I've put together a style guide that you can use for reference if you want. It contains details about type, spacing, and other stuff that may be useful.

Link to style guide (download and view at 100%, dropbox's viewer doesn't always work well):
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hztsr3rjf...guide.png?dl=0

Link to a zip that includes up, down, and humidity png icons:
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/wenjkxf01c...icons.zip?dl=0

Attached is a preview of the finalized UI. Full view link (best at 100%):
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbptzmafqzrhxng/ui.png?dl=0

If there's interest I can also make the icons that I've used in my mockups. Let me know.
                                Seriously @sputnik ... wow, this looks freakin' awesome !

Comment

Working...
                                X