New Motorized window shade device...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Motorized window shade device...

Found this on Indiegogo today: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...des/x/10909955

Looks like a nice window shade device, works with Zigbee. Hoping they will add Zwave out of the box. They have a poll to see if that's what the users want.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Looks pretty good and seems that it works. I have Somfy motors with Z-Wave RTS on my main shades but could use this on two that are not motorized.

I also added Z-wave to the survey (It is on the bottom of the page)
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Axis is going to announce z-wave support later today. Here's a response I got from one of the creators...

"Hey Bryan, just a heads up: we're really excited to let you know we will be announcing Z-Wave integration with Gear later tonight. No more stretch goal. Wanted to let you know first!"

This little device looks much better now, might have to order a second one.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I didn't think people could be as awestruck over some automatic blinds as those people in that video...
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yup, we're adding Z-Wave support. We got a lot of requests for Z-Wave and so we finally caved in. A lot of the push may or may not have been from Bryan haha.

Also, I was one of those people that had to (awkwardly) act in that video.. as little screen time as I had, it wasn't easy!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAXIS View Post
            Also, I was one of those people that had to (awkwardly) act in that video.. as little screen time as I had, it wasn't easy!
            I know that feeling! I recently had a journalist visiting as she was writing about my "smart home". At the end of the interview, the photografer dug up a 360 degree camera, and told me: "Speak!".

"Uh.... eh.... right... Okay, so this is the living room"....

BUT! Since you are here: Z-wave is cool and all, but sadly useless to me if it's US only. Any EU plans?
            I've been bothering HomeSeer Tech about EU Z-wave modules for a while, and I'll do the same to you if I find the product useful. The world of home automation is much larger than the US borders.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Big thanks for finding these and giving a shout out about them.
              Just what I have been looking.

I am in for 10 plus the z-wave hook-up.

Comment

Yup, we're adding Z-Wave support. We got a lot of requests for Z-Wave and so we finally caved in. A lot of the push may or may not have been from Bryan haha.

Great news. Be sure to get one over to HomeSeer Tech so that they can add the Z Wave library to their controller. "Works with HomeSeer"

Any chance of any Beta units for HS users?
                DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  BUT! Since you are here: Z-wave is cool and all, but sadly useless to me if it's US only. Any EU plans?
                  We are actually speaking with Z-wave on this - we want to figure out the full cost of certification in other regions before committing. We'll definitely keep you up-to-date on what we find out!

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                    Big thanks for finding these and giving a shout out about them.
                    Just what I have been looking.

I am in for 10 plus the z-wave hook-up.
                    Thanks - can't wait for you to get them!

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                      Great news. Be sure to get one over to HomeSeer Tech so that they can add the Z Wave library to their controller. "Works with HomeSeer"

Any chance of any Beta units for HS users?
                      One of the many things on our engineer's to-do list (seriously aha).

We had to add beta testing and early access as a Perk on the campaign page. It is super expensive - between 3D printing and ordering parts in low quantities it costs around $1K just to get a single beta unit simply put together!

Comment

We are actually speaking with Z-wave on this - we want to figure out the full cost of certification in other regions before committing. We'll definitely keep you up-to-date on what we find out!
                        Great! This is a product that seems to be easily installed if you already have blinds but didn't think to automate them when you got them, and I guess there's alot of people in that category.

A bigger market might be an advantage.

Comment

One of the many things on our engineer's to-do list (seriously aha).

We had to add beta testing and early access as a Perk on the campaign page. It is super expensive - between 3D printing and ordering parts in low quantities it costs around $1K just to get a single beta unit simply put together!
                          Thanks for the update and the posts. Understand the tremendous dedication to bring a device to the market. Keep it up and us posted.
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Looks pretty cool, but I can't quite figure out if it'd work with our blinds (though it says it's compatible with most all). Our cords for raising/lowering the blinds don't have a loop like I see in the photos... it's like two separate strings.

That and it looks like you might need two devices per set of blinds if you want to control both opening/closing and raising/lowering. Nevertheless, if I could get it to work, the price point seems right.

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
                              Looks pretty cool, but I can't quite figure out if it'd work with our blinds (though it says it's compatible with most all). Our cords for raising/lowering the blinds don't have a loop like I see in the photos... it's like two separate strings.

That and it looks like you might need two devices per set of blinds if you want to control both opening/closing and raising/lowering. Nevertheless, if I could get it to work, the price point seems right.
                              Hey Devin, if you don't you mind sending some photos and/or videos over to hello@axis.life we can confirm if your blinds are compatible.

Gear generally works with anything that is looped. A straight string that needs to be angled out for operation definitely wouldn't be compatible.

Comment

Working...
                              X