CREE 60w and Phillips 60W "slice" bulbs work with X10 lamp modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CREE 60w and Phillips 60W "slice" bulbs work with X10 lamp modules

Home Depot has Cree brand 60w dimmable LED lights. 800 lumens. Works well with X10 lamp module. They will dim to almost nothing without flickering. Used it for a day. The ONLY reason I removed it is because of the rubbery cover over the bulb. When it get's hot, it smells like old pee. Seriously. I put it outside on the front porch. Looks like a normal bulb from the street.

Also bought one of the Philips bulbs that is sort of a slice of a bulb. 60w dimmable. Also works well with X10 lamp modules. DOESN'T smell like pee when warm! Bought 10 more to replace as my lamp bulbs go out.

Both were $9.99. Decent price for dimmable performance and little to no heat.

Yeah... good to know. I have a couple of LED bulbs on X-10 modules and also noticed they dim well.
    So do lamp shades attach to those LED slices ok? I saw the commercial on TV, but wondered if they used a standard lamp shade.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      ....So do lamp shades attach to those LED slices ok? I saw the commercial on TV, but wondered if they used a standard lamp shade.
      Good question. I was going to go put one in a shade that clamps to the bulb, and amazingly, we don't have one like that in our entire house...

Comment

It fits! Almost better than a regular bulb!

I was talking to my neighbors about LEDs and they said they had a lampshade that fit to the bulb. So we tried it. Worked great. The shade actually fit better (tighter) than it did to the bulb.

The Oonly issue we found is that you can't spin the shade around the bulb. It fits only in two directions that are 180 degrees apart. It is only an issue if the seam of your shade shows and you need to move it a few degrees so it doesn't show. We found there was just enough play in the entire lamp fixture that we could make it work.

Comment

I like the Cree bulbs, no pee here.... I have both the 40 and 60.

Comment

I was excited to see this post that the Cree bulbs work well with X10 lamp modules. I have the new Cree 100 watt from Home Depot and just now tried it on a lamp module. This is the newer X10 module that ramps on and off. The bulb works fine and dims well, except when I turn it off it come back on after about 30 seconds.

Comment

I have a bunch of the Crees now, with no 'pee' smell either

They do not work with Intermatic ZWave dimmers
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have several CREE 60 w. No smell. Using SA dimmers, they dim about 60 % and then shut off.

tenholde
                tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
                  I like the Cree bulbs, no pee here.... I have both the 40 and 60.
                  Perhaps I got one from a bad batch. ....or there was an unexpected passenger in the shipment.....

Comment

DON'T WORK WITH X10 dimming wall switches :-(

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                    Philips bulbs that is sort of a slice of a bulb. 60w dimmable. Also works well with X10 lamp modules...

Unfortunately, they do not seem to work with wall switch dimmers. I was hoping to replace a outdoor ceiling light, but they didn't work.
                    Last edited by outbackrob; June 2, 2014, 06:58 PM. Reason: oops!

Comment

Same results with walmart great savings brand 60 watt equivalent. 9 bucks each. They only work with ws467 wall switch if you have a dual fixture and put an incandescent on one side. I actualy have dual socket fixtures in all my rooms so simply adding a swall wattage nightlight bulb on each one allows me to use them in all rooms.Pretty easy and cheap work around.

Comment

Fairly Cheap LED bulbs with a BONUS

60W LED bulbs. They are around $12.50 each, BUT they also have a Zigbee interface! (and HST is working on a Zigbee interface!)

https://www.quirky.com/shop/992-ge-l...-bulbs-and-hub

Comment

Bought 2 sets. Cheaper than buying 1 kit and two bulbs. Add a $1.99 Wrapster (great little product) and save $8 shipping.

So with tax it was $56.25 for 4 A19 60W bulbs, 2 mini hubs and a Wrapster. Not too shabby.

Comment

Working...
                          X