Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device Icons in HSTouch Iphone Default - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device Icons in HSTouch Iphone Default - Working!

I have a mixture of Zwave and UPB. The default icons in HSTouch for the Zwave are much nicer than the default icons for the UPB. I asked Rich and he said the plug in determines the icon not the app.

So (if that's a correct statement) is there a way the plug in can provide the same default icons/screens for the devices as Zwave?

Please

It will be much more consistent and also impressive.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

You would need to select the status icons you want under "Status Graphics" on each device you want to change. The plug-in author picks the default graphics, but you can change them to whatever you want.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Oh ok you mean on a device level? Duh didn't think of that. I will try it later after I finish some wiring. Dam Zwave devices are killing the UPB with noise. I have to put some hardwire filters in so adding additional boxes. PIA since I just finished all of the conduit etc this weekend.

Thank you much!

Comment

Actually looking in the status graphics they are the same for UPB and Zwave in HS3Pro but in HSTouch they are not displaying the same.

Both have the lightbulb images/homeseer/status/off.gif or images/homeseer/status/on.gif

So something else has to be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
          Actually looking in the status graphics they are the same for UPB and Zwave in HS3Pro but in HSTouch they are not displaying the same.

Both have the lightbulb images/homeseer/status/off.gif or images/homeseer/status/on.gif

So something else has to be the problem
          I will have a look

Comment

I can see the icons (lightbulbs) for UPB device on HSTouch (iPad)

Could you post some screenshots of what you see, and what you would like to see

Comment

I like the "Back Fence Light" (its Zwave) as do others I am trying to get interested in HA. The "Patio" is a UPB light and its to dated looking to impress anyone.
              Attached Files

Comment

I looked everywhere in HS3Pro and I cannot find the image on the left anywhere.

I am going to assume its only in Designer? So I would have to customize screen for the iPhone?

It seems silly that the lighting is not consistent throughout the default design.

Comment

yeah, I think you have to assign the screen to some device types in HSTouch designer.

I will see with HST if UPB device can be assigned to this screen by default.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    yeah, I think you have to assign the screen to some device types in HSTouch designer.

I will see with HST if UPB device can be assigned to this screen by default.
                    Thank you very much. I thought it was on their end and did a bugzilla report this morning but they said it was your plug in. But they did reply extremely fast so they may not have checked.

Thanks again

Comment

There is a property for the screen called "String[]Array" that has to be populated manually with the HS device types that you want to have use the "Dimmer Device" screen. Same is true for the "On/Off Device" screen.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                        There is a property for the screen called "String[]Array" that has to be populated manually with the HS device types that you want to have use the "Dimmer Device" screen. Same is true for the "On/Off Device" screen.

I think that is exactly what HS needs to fix. I pointed Rich to this thread last night as he was trying to figure out why its different.

Thank you very much!

It would be nice if HS put the default designs in the Designer library so that people could tweak these little things to quickly get a working and consistant app. I know the missing back buttons on many screens is annoying etc. Would not take to long to fix that if I could.

Comment

The default screens are included with the Designer installer.

This problem with the lighting control screen. The app knows to display the lighing control screen when the device type of the device matches one of the device types in the project (on the lighting screen properties). This however is problematic as there is no standard for device types so its hard to keep the projects in sync with all the different plugins. On the latest Android app a change was made so that is the plugin author used the "ControlUse" property it looked at that instead. I am putting out a new iPhone/iPad app shortly and I have added that change there also. So that version should display properly.

A quick fix right now is to open the device in the Device Management page, click the "Advanced" tab and there you will see you can change the device type. If you change that to "lamp module", it will display the dimming control screen. If you do this, check with the author of the plugin you are changing and make sure that changing the device type will not break the plugin.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            The default screens are included with the Designer installer.

This problem with the lighting control screen. The app knows to display the lighing control screen when the device type of the device matches one of the device types in the project (on the lighting screen properties). This however is problematic as there is no standard for device types so its hard to keep the projects in sync with all the different plugins. On the latest Android app a change was made so that is the plugin author used the "ControlUse" property it looked at that instead. I am putting out a new iPhone/iPad app shortly and I have added that change there also. So that version should display properly.

A quick fix right now is to open the device in the Device Management page, click the "Advanced" tab and there you will see you can change the device type. If you change that to "lamp module", it will display the dimming control screen. If you do this, check with the author of the plugin you are changing and make sure that changing the device type will not break the plugin.
                            thanks Rich

I have just implemented the "ControlUse" property in version 3.0.0.12 of the UPB plugin (available here)

I have tested with the latest Android HSTouch, and it works, I can control my UPB devices using the good looking lighting screens.

I have also tested the workaround you mentioned with a previous version, and it works too, but you have to change the device type to "Lamp Module" with upper case letter at the beginning of each word.
                            BTW renaming the device type for UPB devices doesn't break anything so this is a good workaround for the UPB plugin.

Comment

Working...
                            X