Multiple 1way switches in sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple 1way switches in sync

My basement was wired poorly and there are 5 different light switches each controlling a small area. I want all to turn on at once. There is one three way switch and the others are 1 way.

What is the easiest way to flip one switch at the top of ghe stairs and have them all turn on or off?

Is it worth it to do instant status?

What protocol are you using to control your switches?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by BtrSound View Post
      My basement was wired poorly and there are 5 different light switches each controlling a small area. I want all to turn on at once. There is one three way switch and the others are 1 way.

What is the easiest way to flip one switch at the top of ghe stairs and have them all turn on or off?

Is it worth it to do instant status?
      The reason Uncle Michael asked about the protocol is that if they are all Z-Wave, you can do it with associations, if the devices support it.

With Z-Wave or any other protocol binary switches it is easy to do with a pair of events such as

ON Event:
      IF Light A changes and becomes ON
      THEN Set Device Light B to ON
      THEN Set Device Light C to ON
      THEN Set Device Light D to ON
      THEN Set Device Light E to ON

OFF Event:
      IF Light A changes and becomes OFF
      THEN Set Device Light B to OFF
      THEN Set Device Light C to OFF
      THEN Set Device Light D to OFF
      THEN Set Device Light E to OFF

If your devices are dimmers, you can synchronize them with Spud's excellent Easy Trigger plug-in. I use it for three sets of dimmers.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        What protocol are you using to control your switches?
        I am using Homeseer so I can use any that are supported if 1 works better than another. All of my other devices are z-wave at this point in time so that is what I was thinking to use.

Comment

Originally posted by BtrSound View Post
          I am using Homeseer so I can use any that are supported if 1 works better than another. All of my other devices are z-wave at this point in time so that is what I was thinking to use.
          The events I described above will work with any protocol. The only thing that is required is that the controlling light switch at the top of the stairs supports instant status.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Right on. Thank you for your assistance.

Comment

If you a planning to install Z-wave switches, my bias would be to explore using association and leave HS out of it, but that's just me, because I favor distributed processing.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
              X