HS3 Beta Plug-In Available for Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks aldo,
    I'm not quite ready to post the release version, so I'm going to post another update which will extend the time another 40 days or so.

This version has the web configuration stuff done and a few bug fixes. I'll post the details when I get it uploaded later today.

Comment

Great, looking forward to it.

Thanks

Comment

I've posted another beta (build 1353) that extends the trial time until the end of March.
        • It adds web based configuration support.
        • It fixes a bug when selecting a trigger condition involving any of the "at least..." conditions.
        • It fixes a bug when changing a trigger from "IR Code Received" to "IR Code Sequence Received" where the additional selected commands would not be saved.
        • It adds the beginning of a user guide.

Comment

This is nice, thanks. In the future would you add a Web page like you had in hs2 which shows the IR codes read from the file. I really liked the way you had it designed in HS2.

Thanks,
          Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
            This is nice, thanks. In the future would you add a Web page like you had in hs2 which shows the IR codes read from the file. I really liked the way you had it designed in HS2.

Thanks,
            Aldo
            So you could send any IR code from the web interface without having to create an action? That's a good idea.

If I added a page where you could select a remote, then a code, bus, device, led, etc. would that work? In other words, just like when you define an action...

Comment

In HS2 you had a similar Web page in which I could memorize the code, enter the device name, send the code and etc. I have hs2 turned off but I will be happy to do a print screen and send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                In HS2 you had a similar Web page in which I could memorize the code, enter the device name, send the code and etc. I have hs2 turned off but I will be happy to do a print screen and send it to you.
                Yeah, I'm familiar with it

I'm not sure that approach will work very well for a large number of remotes and codes, though...

I was thinking you could narrow the list by first choosing the remote you were interested in, then it could display all the codes for that particular remote.

Comment

Even better, Great idea. Looking forward to that change.

Thanks.

Comment

Current zip file is missing the logo file

Code:
                    Feb-23 3:08:12 PM         Warning    File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\IRTrans\logo_irtrans.gif

tenholde
                    tenholde

Comment

Installed current version, and am getting repeated errors in the IRTrans diagnostics window:

Code:
                      Get Devicedata hs6_signals-0
                      IR Error: Specified Remote Control [hs6_signals] not found
                      Send Status 272 - 272 [1]
                      Netcommand Size: 112/112
                      Netcommand: 33 [2]
                      tenholde

Comment

Hi Tenholde,
                        You can ignore that error, the plug-in periodically tests for connectivity with the server by issuing a command request.

The beta does not have the logo...

Comment

YoYo, thanks for the effort. I have got the plugin working!! Great to have it back, now I have all the functionality I had with HS3.
                          I didn't have the old "rem" file from the old IRTrans directory because I have just upgraded to Win8 and had to learn the commands via the IRTrans software first, after that it was some trail and error before I got it working.
                          I can imagine that someone who is going to use the plugin for the first time is going to have quit some difficulty to get it working, you might want to expand your manual with the basics to set up the IR commands with IRtrans. Just a tip!

Comment

Originally posted by uriel View Post
                            YoYo, thanks for the effort. I have got the plugin working!! Great to have it back, now I have all the functionality I had with HS3.
                            I didn't have the old "rem" file from the old IRTrans directory because I have just upgraded to Win8 and had to learn the commands via the IRTrans software first, after that it was some trail and error before I got it working.
                            I can imagine that someone who is going to use the plugin for the first time is going to have quit some difficulty to get it working, you might want to expand your manual with the basics to set up the IR commands with IRtrans. Just a tip!
                            Good to hear its working for you. Could you go into more detail about what should be added to the plug-in manual? I'd like to help new users avoid any frustration. Is this information that is not in the IRTrans User Guide?

Comment

I've posted another build of the new plug-in (3.0.4.1524) which extends the trial date to the end of June.

In this release:

I added a menu option to PLUG-INS | IRTrans called "Send Code" which allows you to send IR codes and control relays directly via the web interface.

I've also added additional scripting support including the ability to have a script function called whenever a particular IR code is received, or any code from a specific remote, for example.

I'll provide documentation on how it all works in the online manual later on.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X