X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problems here

Originally posted by pyspilf View Post
    Hi there,

could anyone confirm if this PI works with BlueIris v4.x?

Thanks

Sandro
    From the HS3/PI side.
    I occasionally have connection issues with some cameras from the dedicated BI4 PC. That can cause what might appear to be an HS3/PI error or warning, but it is not an HS3's problem.

I like the BI plugin.

Comment

Thanks guys. I have just installed the trial version. Still running BI 3.x but receiving a new server this week and will migrate to BI4.x soon enough.

One question - the plugin has created cameras correctly, however all appear as PTZ and one as fixed, when in reality it is 2 PTZ and the rest fixed. I would assume this is configured by looking maybe at if each camera has PTZ enabled in BI? If I correct the config in BI, would I have to delete the devices and let the PI re-create them?

Cheers
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Trigger vs Manual on/off

Hey guys,

(running BI PI ver 3.0.9.27627)

Wondering which is better: by itself, BI isn't triggering one of my cameras reliably enough. Fortunately there's a motion detector that's very reliable so I though I'd use an event triggered by the motion detector to record.

Now if I make the event record manually I then have to wait X seconds and then turn off the manual record.

But if I make the event "trigger" the camera, am I correct that BI will then record to the "Break Time" set for that camera?

(I kinda answered my own question while writing this ...but if you care to comment, please do)
        Regards,
        Chris
        HS4 Pro 4.2.18.3 Shuttle DL10J - Celeron - 8g Ram - 250g SSD / Win 10 Pro 64 / Insteon / Z-Wave & SmartStick+ / DSC 1832 - PC5108 - IT100 / 542 devises & 164 events
        Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.58 / APCUPSD 3.3.2.3 / BLDSC 2.0.68.0 / BLMarantz 2.0.6.0 / BLShutdown 1.0.4.0 / Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206 / Device History 3.1.3.0 / HSBuddy 3.30.1003.1 / Insteon 3.0.7.2 / weatherXML 3.0.11.13 / Z-Wave 3.0.10.0 / Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
          beerygaz,

I am trying to register your plugin as a trial and I am getting the following error:

Registration Failed: The remote sever returned an error: internal server error (500). I contacted HST on the issue and they seem to think it has something to do with the plugin. Any ideas?
          heatvent, are you still experiencing this issue? Can you give me some more details? Do you get the error when you try and enter your license key and password?
          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

So I have had the PI installed for just a day, but can already see it will be very useful - will be purchasing in due course

Couple of ideas / questions:

1. About the way camera devices are created / configured. I assume that a camera gets created as PTZ if the corresponding section is checked in Blue Iris. I had a chat with the BI developer (Ken) asking about separating PTZ from brightness / contrast controls. Right now, if from the BI main interface you want to be able to access brightness and contrast, you need to have PTZ enabled, even if your camera is not PTZ... this may change in the future, but is so at present. In order for the cameras to be setup correctly in HS, the workaround I have found is to disable PTZ, let the camera get created, and then re-enable it... would there be any way either in the plugin config page or in the device configuration page, to be able to override if a camera is created as PTZ or not?

2. About controlling brightness and contrast, would it be possible to add event actions for that? Sometimes, for example, with Foscam cameras, the transition from night to day results in a gray or white image until brightness and / or contrast are modified... I have it currently set using Blue Iris PTZ schedules, but would be nice to manage from HS as well

3. About even actions for cameras: I see an "enable" command even though my camera is actually enabled, but no "disable" command... should there not be one?

Thanks!

Sandro

PS - love the feature for setting macros via an event, used to do it with a text file, but this is so much better!
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              heatvent, are you still experiencing this issue? Can you give me some more details? Do you get the error when you try and enter your license key and password?

Sorry I was on vaca. Yes still have the issue. I can't register the plugin because I get the following error:

Registration failed: the remote server returned an error: (500) internal server error

HST told me it appears to be a plugin issue. FYI I am using a trial license provided by HST to register the plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you running any AV software on your HS3 machine? Other users have had some issues with AV software falsely thinking the plugin was a virus (given the web services and IP connectivity).
                Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

No AV software installed and firewall turned off.

Comment

It finally happened again, however I don't see any useful info in the log with debug on. All device last change times where stuck and not updating. In the log below I tried clicking trigger on a camera, I clicked test connection which succeeded but the device last change still didn't update, and then I clicked save on the config page which fixes everything.

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Updated status succeeded. Uptime: 17:15:54:05

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Updated status succeeded. Uptime: 17:15:54:05

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Rear Deck [Deck] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Voyager [voyager] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Vivotek [Vivotek] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Garage [garage] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Driveway [driveway] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Front [front] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:34 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera: Back [back] Enabled: True

Mar-28 11:00:33 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera Group: +All cameras cycle

Mar-28 11:00:33 PM Blue-Iris Debug Camera Group: +All cameras

Mar-28 11:00:33 PM Blue-Iris Refreshing data from Blue Iris server

Mar-28 11:00:32 PM Blue-Iris Connected to Blue Iris server Homeseer as xxx - polling every 300 seconds

Mar-28 11:00:32 PM Blue-Iris Successfully logged in to BlueIris server: Homeseer (ver 3.66.00) as xxx.

Mar-28 11:00:32 PM Blue-Iris Debug Attempting to login to http://xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:xx/json as xxx

Mar-28 11:00:32 PM Blue-Iris Debug We have credentials - checking connection

Mar-28 11:00:32 PM Blue-Iris Debug Saving new configuration settings

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Z-Wave Device: Outside Outside Front Porch Set to 255

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Blue-Iris Error The plugin is not configured, please refer to the config page or the help file for more information

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Blue-Iris Debug SetIOMulti set value: 101->ref:276

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Device Control Device: Outside Outside Front Porch to On (255)

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Event Event Trigger "Manually Triggered Front Porch light on"

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Device Control Device: Blue-Iris System Front to Trigger (101)

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM TTS Speak (HOMESEER:ALARM CLOCK,HOMESEEREFAULT,HOMESEER:ANDROID):The front door has been opened.

Mar-28 10:59:15 PM Event Event Trigger "Automatic Front door opens"

Mar-28 10:58:11 PM Blue-Iris Successfully logged in to BlueIris server: Homeseer (ver 3.66.00) as xxx.

Mar-28 10:58:11 PM Blue-Iris Debug Attempting to login to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx/json as xxx

Mar-28 10:57:18 PM Blue-Iris Error The plugin is not configured, please refer to the config page or the help file for more information

Mar-28 10:57:18 PM Blue-Iris Debug SetIOMulti set value: 101->ref:273

Mar-28 10:57:18 PM Device Control Device: Blue-Iris System Garage to Trigger (101) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Once in awhile I will start getting these error messages in the log when triggering a camera action from homeseer. The trigger don't appear to work when this happens.

Mar-08 3:55:01 PM Blue-Iris Error The plugin is not configured, please refer to the config page or the help file for more information

Simply going to the config page and clicking save will get them to stop.

Could you turn on debug logging for a while and log to the log file. Then send me the logs when this occurs. This error should only happen if the plugin can't read the INI file
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                      No AV software installed and firewall turned off.

Heatvent error 500 looks like a server error,returned by the HS3 licensing server. It's not an error thrown by my plugin at all. HS3 handles all licensing validation, not the plugin itself.

I hate to bounce you from pillar to post but I've got to refer you back to HST support on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                        It finally happened again, however I don't see any useful info in the log with debug on. All device last change times where stuck and not updating. In the log below I tried clicking trigger on a camera, I clicked test connection which succeeded but the device last change still didn't update, and then I clicked save on the config page which fixes everything.
                        Happ, this tells me where to look in the code, thanks. I'lol find where the issue is and post an update.

Comment

Heatvent error 500 looks like a server error,returned by the HS3 licensing server. It's not an error thrown by my plugin at all. HS3 handles all licensing validation, not the plugin itself.

I hate to bounce you from pillar to post but I've got to refer you back to HST support on this one.

beerygaz, I did have the plugin installed briefly before. Is it possible it is trying to reach my blue iris server which is the error? I don't seem to be having problems registering any other HS plugins, however, it is a bit weird tha the plugin doesn't register first then have the error (i.e. the error prevents registration). Not sure if this helps but the error I see is not in the HST logs, it is a window that pops up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

detecting motion

If I'm recording with a camera but also want to detect motion with the plugin how do I do that? It appears to either show recording or motion. Thanks, Kim

Comment

You would use the web service of the plugin and configure BI to call the web service URL on motion. You would then create an event in HS3 to perform the action you need when that alert comes in.

Have a look at the example in the help file.

The devices in HS3 will reflect the camera state (recording) not specific events (motion).

Comment

Thank! I'll give that a try

Comment

Working...
                                X