• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Dash Buttons

http://mashable.com/2015/03/31/amazo..._source=feedly

To request one :

https://www.amazon.com/oc/dash-button

Interesting concept. Would be cool if we could supplant the firmware and use it for our own nefarious needs

I asked for an invitation. Will see what happens.

...Still think it might be an April Fools joke!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I want one for beer.

Comment

Originally posted by will.i.am View Post
        I want one for beer.
        I had read the article and thought that this thing was ridiculously useless......

Until now.

I'd probably just wear it out in the first month though. I wonder what kind of warranty it has?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

@Nate, what are your nefarious needs?
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

bet it's not paper towels....
            Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Yeah (unrelated to OP) noticed that the main Homeseer website changed a bit a few minutes ago.

Must be Mark; he's always on top of that advertising stuff.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; April 1, 2015, 04:15 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yup, the upside to the proliferation of HA companies is that it will push Homeseer to innovate. Not that they haven't been, I bought Homeseer because I believe them to be a front runner, but the ease of use guys will push them in innovations that they do need. Things like better tablet UI for HStouch, things like that.

Comment

At this stage, they just need to improve the HS plug-ins or give back to the indy's and better, up to date, graphics... I love the rest
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Yeah (unrelated to OP) noticed that the main Homeseer website changed a bit a few minutes ago.

Must be Mark; he's always on top of that advertising stuff.
                    Not a bad Photoshop effort Pete!
                    cheeryfool

Comment

It was just a clip a paste from the main website sans editing; must be something relating to April Fools day.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Well on a related note, they ran the Hadron Collider again.

Check out these results!

http://home.web.cern.ch/about/update...xistence-force

Comment

Great existential essay about the value of these buttons.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...ew-dash-button

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                            Great existential essay about the value of these buttons.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...ew-dash-button

Haaaaaaaa! Ha Ha HA!

And the idea of shopping buttons placed just within our reach conjures an uneasy image of our homes as giant Skinner boxes, and of us as rats pressing pleasure levers until we pass out from exhaustion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                              Interesting concept. Would be cool if we could supplant the firmware and use it for our own nefarious needs
                              Since it's WiFi, you could either redirect the DNS lookup or make a route table to redirect these to an internal site, then maybe use the input for your own events.

Comment

Working...
                              X