No announcement yet.

Multiple way2call units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can confirm that the software will NOT allow you to ADD another line in HS. The 2 W2C units work just fine together on the system, it is just that HS will not let you add another line to it.

Seems kind of silly to me, it is just a simple "Add a line" option button. Wonder if there is a way to figure that out. Since HS3 may not even see HSPhone, who knows if this will ever get looked at.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I moved the whole HS Phone stuff over to my second HS box running by itself on V.80.
      This box is now only running Z-Wave and HSPhone.

It "seems" to do better but it does for whatever reason trashes the HSPhone ini file after a few days (or said application / script). I am using a different TTS font on the second machine today.

I do prefer using the W2C box as a CID do all versus having both the NetCID and W2C boxes online.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Say it's not so !

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        I'd have to ask but there was some talk about not even porting HSPhone last week but I believe Rich stated he was still using it so he was going to port it eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Please, Say it's not so !!!

I'm looking to HS3 to fix the Speaker Client VR problems but my clients need HSPhone/W2C to provide totally hands free i.e. VR only phone operation!

Comment

I realize to most HS users, Home Automation technology is a hobby...a techies "sandbox."

To be sure, the day will come when a sophisticated system like HS will be all that stands between you/me and a Nursing Home!!!! See www.icost2011.org

Comment

Re: Multiple way2call units

I have an extra w2c unit that i bought thinjing tbe system could surely handle more than one unit... Ooops...

For sale...

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Re: Multiple way2call units

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
              I have an extra w2c unit that i bought thinjing tbe system could surely handle more than one unit... Ooops...

For sale...
              PM me if your interested in selling. Tnx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
              HSPro: 3.0.0.194
              PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post

For sale...
                Yea, I made one of those "logical assumptions" regarding IR controllers. Silly me, I never thought to consider that maybe I couldn't mix a Global Cache controller and a Square Connect controller in the same system...wrong! Supposedly this will be changed (fixed?) in HS3.

For sale...Global Cache WF2IR

Comment

Many many years ago it was suggested (or proposed) that HS Pro would work with two W2C boxes.

Personally I would like to be able to utilize up to four w2C boxes on one HS box.

The original HS 1.X worked or was supposed to work with the serial W2C box (have one of those too from many years ago).

That said today you can utilize one W2C box and one HS Phone PCI card inside of the HSPro box.

Right now though here playing with one HS box connected to a net CID box and W2C box and another one with similiar hardware on a second line.

The lite HS box appears to be doing better than the fully loaded HSPro box.

It is getting difficult lately with telemarketers utilizing no CID, wierd CIDs, cellular CIDs and toll free number and non descriptive CIDs.

I am today using the W2C boxes as "telephone line" virtual firewalls (as I have both copper and voip multiple lines here) - IE "private" calls are immediately dropped and blocked type stuff.

The do not call org list is disfunctional these days. There is little or no compliance to it.

There is no follow up today to non compliance of said do not call lists. (note that this is my opinion)
                  Last edited by Pete; August 4, 2013, 06:24 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Many many years ago it was suggested (or proposed) that HS Pro would work with two W2C boxes.

Personally I would like to be able to utilize up to four w2C boxes on one HS box.

The original HS 1.X worked or was supposed to work with the serial W2C box (have one of those too from many years ago).

That said today you can utilize one W2C box and one HS Phone PCI card inside of the HSPro box.

Right now though here playing with one HS box connected to a net CID box and W2C box and another one with similiar hardware on a second line.

The lite HS box appears to be doing better than the fully loaded HSPro box.

It is getting difficult lately with telemarketers utilizing no CID, wierd CIDs, cellular CIDs and toll free number and non descriptive CIDs.

I am today using the W2C boxes as "telephone line" virtual firewalls (as I have both copper and voip multiple lines here) - IE "private" calls are immediately dropped and blocked type stuff.

The do not call org list is disfunctional these days. There is little or no compliance to it.

There is no follow up today to non compliance of said do not call lists. (note that this is my opinion)
                    Sounds like an opportunity for a new plugin. I know Rich posted a few weeks back that they were contemplating dropping HSPhone on HS3. With so many users dropping home phone service HSPhone on its way out.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, if they pulled HS phone from the inventory, that would kill HS3 for me and all my customer's for sure.

The phone as a remote to the house is one of the biggest selling feature for WAF and usability for my customers.

Comment

Yup here have I still have a copper line and have added VOIP lines over the years.

That said I do not carry my cell phone around the house as it autoforwards to the landline where I am at.

I do like the phone control features of HS and did at one time use them (same with the HAI panel) early 2000's.

There are many folks in "cellphone" land today that primarly would utilize their phone (tones) to control their home as they want nothing to do with surfing on their phones or texting etc.

Those folks do exists today (IE: my wife for example).
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Guys

I know its another resurrection of an old thread... but that's what they are here for!

I want a way2call on an pabx extension AND I want it to pick up external caller ID.

If the HSP on an extension is set to get called ID from external calls, it will pick up the external call and answer it.

I dont want that as the pabx has a more capable voicemail system.

So - second way2call? tried it (and found this thread) - not supported.

As I am in the UK, I still have a CTI Meteor CID box - but that looks like it has been forgotten in HS3-land - even though it was a top solution for the UK on HS2.

So - any thoughts other than buy Steve (SnevlCID) some beer to commence HS3 development!??!?!

David
                          ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Working...
                          X