Linear GD00Z-4 - Works great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linear GD00Z-4 - Works great!

I was trying to install this garage door controller to my Hometroller S5pro yesterday. I was able to get it added by using the add node command.
    It comes up with 2 child devices and a main device.
    But I don't see anyway to control the actual device under the Z wave Tab

I am new to homeseer. Am I missing something and need to add some script or commands? Or is it not fully supported.

The child nodes do list something but I can't figure out if they are functions.

Thank you,
    Attached Files

What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? I believe support was added in .175. See http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2086. From what I understand, the Lowe's one is made by Linear.

Cheers
    Al
    Last edited by sparkman; October 18, 2014, 09:18 PM.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman helped me with this earlier this week.
      Upgrade zwave in the beta section
      remove the device from Homeseer
      add the device again with the zwave interface right next to the garage door opener.

I set up two of these and they now work great.

Comment

I have one of these installed and it's also working great. Note that after upgrading to the latest HS3 and ZWave plugin, I also had to remove/add the device several times for it to add "clean."

The security negotiation is lengthy and apparently a delicate process, and polling or delays in Zwave traffic due to network chattiness can make for an incomplete "add."

Good luck!

Comment

Linear GD00Z-4 issues

I tried to search for help, not finding any, I purchased a Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave garage door opener, it appeared to be just what I have been looking for. I have been able to get my Z-stock to pair with it and import the node, but all I get is a icon in the devices with nothing to control. it calls the device a "electronic lock" but there's no control. I have tried polling it and I get a timeout. I have tried pressing the link button and polling it, no dice. I have tried removing and reinstalling, I have tried re-setting it, no joy. Has anyone been able to get this thing to work? Do I need some firmware update to get this work with HS3? Sure looks promising! Has a tilt-sensor and also has operating temps range for up here in cold country, sure wish I could get this to work! I have the other system HS suggests for garage door control, but the thing interferes with the signal from my garage camera so I can't use it, plus the door sensors don't work in extreme cold... Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post
            I have one of these installed and it's also working great. Note that after upgrading to the latest HS3 and ZWave plugin, I also had to remove/add the device several times for it to add "clean."

The security negotiation is lengthy and apparently a delicate process, and polling or delays in Zwave traffic due to network chattiness can make for an incomplete "add."

Good luck!
            Thanks for this. I just started a new topic, because the search function didn;t show me this thread, then I go to Google and put the same search and this topic pops up near the top.. Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by hjk View Post

Good luck!
              I am not having any luck. When yours "didn't work" what did you see in the device summary? All I have is "Linear Door Lock Node 26" with a loght buld icon in the OFF status and no means to control anything. I have tried removing and re-adding, resetting the devices, no joy and a timeout when polling it....

Comment

To add- I have been reading other people's problems and some have said you must also pair the tilt sensor and there is no mention of this?? Did any of you have to do this? I would think you would have mentioned that little tidbit? I'm not going to give up on this just yet, will keep trying!

Comment

Originally posted by seer351 View Post
                  To add- I have been reading other people's problems and some have said you must also pair the tilt sensor and there is no mention of this?? Did any of you have to do this? I would think you would have mentioned that little tidbit? I'm not going to give up on this just yet, will keep trying!
                  Did you see this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=25. The Linear and Lowe's are the same controller.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have two - both work fine for me (though one has an incompatibility with one of my openers) on HS3 3.0.0.152 (Windows) & Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.0.201. Are you running the latest?

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Did you see this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=25. The Linear and Lowe's are the same controller.

Cheers
                      Al

Thanks very much, as I am sure others will find this info very useful. As for me- SUCCESS!! First thing I did was update the Z-Wave firmware as has been suggested. Then, when I still could not get this thing to work...When all else fails read, read read! I found within Homeseer some great info in the "Oh no!" section and I soon as I read it, I had a feeling I'd get this sucker working, and I did!
                      What I learned was with regard to "security devices" like door locks, there is a very narrow time period where the security association between H/S and the device must be initialized, and for those like me using a Z-stick, the association will most likely not work if you try to use the Z-stick remotely (removed from your PC and in inclusion mode), no matter how fast you try to run back to your PC or laptop and plug the Z-stick back in and import. What you have to do is use the "ADD NODE" function with the Z-stick still plugged into your PC. If you have a laptop, this is no big deal, just bring the laptop right next to the Linear controller and then add the node. What I had to do since I have a dedicated PC for H/S is bring the Linear unit over to my PC and plug it in so that I could hold it right next to my Z-Stick, and then ADD NODE thru H/S. it worked perfectly the first time, and testing is showing it is fully functional. Before, all I had was a basic "on off" node with nothing else, as soon as I finished doing it as I have outlined, al the correct icons and notifications displayed in my device list and I have been testing this and it seems to work fine. I hope this info helps others, as I am guessing some of you have Hometrollers, so you didn't have the issue I had with a Z-stick.

Bottom line is I got it to work! HS FTW!!

Comment

Originally posted by madigan View Post
                        I have two - both work fine for me (though one has an incompatibility with one of my openers) on HS3 3.0.0.152 (Windows) & Z-Wave plug-in 3.0.0.201. Are you running the latest?
                        Thanks for replying, I have it figured out from this topic:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=170666

Comment

Just to add... I have created an event "Garage Door is open!" and what this does is check at 6 PM every day, and if the tilt sensor status is OPEN, then HS speaks "The garage door is open! Do you wish to close it?" and sends me an email also.
                          Just in case the door was left open and I am not by the security camera to look...

Comment

Working...
                          X