This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Lutron plugin dead?

I am buying a house with an already installed Lutron homeworks system. Is support for this plugin dead? If not, any plans to support it in HS3?

thx
    Frob

There are no plans to support it in HS3. We have made the source code available in the store if you wish to support your own use, or know of a programmer who can support it. I did also do an HS3 conversion, so if you decide to self-support the plug-in through the source code, I can make the HS3 version available to you.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

If you have done the work,why not support it going forward?

thx
      frob

Comment

Because supporting a plug-in is not trivial - you have to update it when there are new versions of the HomeWorks software that somebody ends up getting in their processor, changes in HS3 have to be made in the plug-in, support questions have to be answered, updates have to be put in the updater, documentation written... and with a grand total of I think 3 users in the history of the plug-in, it definitely does not help HomeSeer keep the doors open. I made the changes on my own time for a friend who will likely never again update his HomeWorks software.
        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Lutron Homeworks

I just bought a home with Lutron Homeworks. It has an AMX system that is driving me crazy and I want to switch over to Homeseer. If I use HS3 can I buy an updated plug-in?

Comment

What or how much $ would it take to get this plugin revamped for HS3?

Comment

I can see if I can put you in touch with a developer who might update it for you, we don't have any plans to update it. (no demand for this)

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
              What or how much $ would it take to get this plugin revamped for HS3?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Lutron Homeworks plugin for HS3

That would be great.

Comment

Blade has a Lutron plug-in the the updater. Not sure if this does what you need, but worth looking at I think.
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Just acquired a bunch of LMRC 222's and associated parts in a demo sale. Looks like its everything I need to to led lighting, dimming, etc.

Did you ever get the HS3 lutron plugin source, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at it.

In the mean time I'll go check blades PI.

Comment

Since there's no support for a Lutron plugin I'm attempting to use a telnet session into an access point on the network these things create.

Anyone have a really solid telnet vb script example for HS3?

Comment

There's always this option:
                        http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...ode-P1151.aspx
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That might be a future option. I'm still working on my first real plugin.

For me I discovered that WattStopper has a serial interface, so I've ordered the device and will use it to control the loads/zones - in the end they are not lutron compatible (had to spend some some with tech support to find that out).

So I'll be coding up a COM port program to monitor and issue commands from Homeseer... I'll post in the proper forum some questions I've got...

Comment

You guys are over my head, but if someone comes up with a plugin for Lutron Homeworks that works in HS3 please share. Lots of potential (all lights on when alarm goes off and so on)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to get the Lutron homeworks plugin to work with HS3? I'm seriously considering going back to HS2.

Comment

Working...
                              X