X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girder 4 compatibility

Hi George
    Any hope in seeing a new version of hsGirder, comaptible with the new Girder4?

Thank you in advance,
    Mircea

I haven't tried it with Girder4. Does it not work at all?

Comment

:-(

:-(
      not at all...

Comment

I haven't been over to the Girder forums for a while. If anyone can dig up the new or changed interface specs I'd be glad to support them.

G

Comment

Hi,

I have been messing about trying to get the plugin to work with girder 'G4' as well, but no luck. The internet event plugin is no longer there, replaced by a communication server, which looks geared to girder-to-girder communications. There is also a generic internet plugin that looks like it supports communication. I would try to get specs, but I'm not sure which ones to get!

I have been trying to get the communications server to talk with homeseer V2, but no luck. The girder 3.3 versions still work fine.

All I am really trying to do is have girder send simple commands to homeseer for execution (turn on track light, turn off track light). I'm not looking for communications from HS to girder. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

If someone can get me the new comm specs I'd be glad to add them to hsGirder

Comment

I finally figured it out!

The start of the confusion is that the internet event client is no longer supported in girder 'G4'. There is a replacement set of lua script function calls in the luascript directory called 'ievents.lua'. To get this to work, you need to replace your internet event tasks with lua script tasks, containing the function call from ievents.lua. In my case, I used the script;

require('ievents')
              gip.InternetEventClient:TriggerEvent('localhost',1024,'girde r', '&hs.execx10byname "living movie time", "on"', '',2500)

Again, I have only concerned myself with Girder sending commands to homeseer, and it appears that the plugin is holding up!

Thanks for your support
              Steve

Comment

Ahh, great. I was hoping that they wouldn't have pulled legacy functionallity. A lot of things that Girder interfaced to would have broken if they took out the internet client. It looks like they just replaced it with another method.

Comment

hsgirder can work with Girder 5

I found a way to get hsgirder to work with Girder 5, just copy the these two DLL files from the plugin folder of Girder 3 ieventc.dll and ievents.dll in the plugin folder of Girder 5. Next, enable the Internet Event Server and Client plugin in Girder 5, click Settings and set a password (must me less than 6 characters). The last thing to do is to tell hsgirder to use remote girder even if it is local (in this case, use localhost as the IP address). Use port 1024 and set the password as the same as in the Girder plugin's settings. That's it! Now Girder 5 will receive even form Homeseer like it was with Girder 3!

Comment

Working...
                  X