No announcement yet.

Questions on Ademco Vista 50P support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out that I didn't have to connect to the ICM to do anything that I'm doing as the ICM actually broadcasts all the status. So, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question on the telnet access.

In the future I was actually going to simulate going through HTTP for the remote control of the ICM. I haven't looked into doing it through the telnet interface...that could be interesting though. So, I'd be interested if you did find the answer.

Chris

Comment

top 10 things the ICM cant do maybe I can.

I have taken a different direction. The ICM was not an option when I started trying to find a way to interface my ademco panel to my home automation system.

http://forum.homesecuritystore.com/i...?topic=10480.0

I still have work to do but I was successfully able today to download my panels programming into a text file. I dont seem to have any problem seeing zone faults. As for partitions I only have a Vista 15p so I dont know for sure but I can fake any keypad address so I dont see why that would be an issue?

Re
      Sean M

Comment

Sean,

Sounds like you have a good approach there. When the panel is disarmed, are you able to get the user id of the person / keyfob that disarmed the system? That's one thing that I would have liked to get that isn't available in the ICM interface.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisDunn View Post
          Sean,

Sounds like you have a good approach there. When the panel is disarmed, are you able to get the user id of the person / keyfob that disarmed the system? That's one thing that I would have liked to get that isn't available in the ICM interface.

Chris
          In the current configuration no. I am listening on the panels transmit line and transmitting on the panels receive line.

In this configuration i only see what the panel tells me.

However if i were to listen to the panels recieve line I would be able to see what other keypads are transmitting and in theory see a keypress activity from a keypad.. The keyfob in my case is onnected through my keypad that has wireless support. So i presume if i press a keyfob i will see its activity but I dont know exactly what. I will have to play with it and see.

Re
          Sean M

Comment

Chris,

I have a Vista 20 SE panel and currently have a call into my alarm company for pricing and compatibility with the ICM. (The documentation I've read seems to contradict whether it is compatible or not). If I find it to be compatible, I will definitely be interested! I've wanted to incorporate my alarm system into HomeSeer for years.

One question: The HouseCode [ dipicted in your screenshot is currently used in other plugins. Is the HouseCode [ user changeable?

Frank

Comment

I installed my ICM today and started trying to sort out how to interact with it. I did a little poking around and found that the ICM root account has a password of 42666263 , at least in the 2.2.3 firmware. I have only started to explore, but the /home/httpd/cgi-bin directory is interesting since it reveals other http commands that may prove useful.

Chris D., in the work you've done so far, are you looking at the UDP broadcasts? I started to dissect the packets, and anything that could shorten the path would be interesting.

Chris Z

Comment

This all looks very exciting! I'm currently using the 4100SM protocol with Indigo (on a Mac) but am toying with the idea of "coming back" to Homeseer.

Is all I need to purchase for my Ademco 128BP an ICM module? Do you know if it conflicts with the internet monitoring addon?

Where's the best place to get one?

Thanks!
                -Alistair

Comment

Frank,

The housecode is automatically assigned by HS. So my HS just picked the [...if that is already used in your installation, then HS will assign something else to my plug-in.

Chris Z,

Yep I'm using the UDP broadcasts, although the only one that I really use is the one with the "1.1.display=" message as I can interpret everything from that. I haven't had a need to get into control yet so haven't delved deeper into what is available. Let me know what you find out though.

Alistair,

It shouldn't conflict with the Internet Monitoring at all. I got my ICM at A&E Security. The prices are excellent and even if they might be a couple of dollars more the personell there are extremely helpful and knowledgable. I've bought all my security equipment from them for the last 5 years. http://www.aesecurity.com.

Regards,
                  Chris

Comment

Missing zip file for the ICM plugin

Hey everyone,
                    Does anyone have the zip file for the latest plugin. The links are broken.
                    Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

Updated link

Mike,

My server that was hosting all the files crashed about 3 weeks ago, so I had to rebuild everything and hadn't copied it all over yet. I just put it there and tested the following link, so it should now be working for you.

http://www.shadowguild.com/vistaicm/...cm_1_0_0_3.zip

Everything is in there that you will need. Please let me know how it works for you. I haven't had any major problems and I've had it running now for about 8 months. There are a couple of little things I'll mention here though:

1) When the system goes into an armed state, the ICM sometimes will send a status of ARMED, followed by DISARMED, then immediately followed by ARMED again. So this might cause some odd behavior if you script it. I see this like maybe 1 out of 25 times i arm the system.

2) Just noticed that my log files will show that the windows are flapping from Fault to Ready sometimes...

Anyway, let me know how it goes. I think I'm going to have to get back in there and fix that second issue from above shortly.

Regards,
                      Chris

Comment

Status update on the ademco 2 usb

I am able to get the price for this module down to $80.

I finished etching a few prototypes last week.

http://www.f34r.com/ademco/separated.jpg
                        http://www.f34r.com/ademco/combined.jpg

The output is simple text with a '!' indicating it is information not data. The real data has no preamble.

Would it be easy to write a module for?

It shows up on linux/windows as just a COM port say COM10 you connect at any BAUD you want just send a character such as '1' and this will be sent to the panel.

You can connect this to your PC and daisychain from the nearest keypad the necessary 4 wires directly to the device.

I will also be exposing the BEEP and LED indicators to each output line as well as the panel text but in the example i have now only the panel readable text is show.

I would like to know what is the easist format to help make it as easy as possible to get a plugin working.

Code:

!
                        !Ademco Keypad Emulator V1.0
                        !By Sean Mathews <DRWHO f34r.com at>
                        !Copyright (C) 2008 Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.
                        !Reproduction without permission is prohibited
                        !http://www.nutech.com/
                        !For support email general@support.nutech.com
                        !Reading configuration.
                        !Software UART initializing.
                        !Ready press ! for configuration.
                        !Keypad Address (00) : 31
                        !Panel Code (0000) : 1234
                        !EPROM Updated
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        !Sending: 4
                        !Sending: 1
                        !Sending: 2
                        ARMED ***AWAY***You may exit now
                        ARMED ***AWAY***** ALL SECURE **
                        !Sending: 4
                        ARMED ***AWAY***** ALL SECURE **
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        NOT READY-Press * to show faults
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        !Sending: *
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        FAULT 14        CHEREE'S OFFICE
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        FAULT 10 MEETINGMOTION
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        FAULT 11 FRONT  DOOR
                        FAULT 10 MEETINGMOTION
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        FAULT 12 COLO   DOOR
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        FAULT 10 MEETINGMOTION
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**
                        **SYSTEM READY**

Comment

#1 sounds like a bug on the ICM.

#2 I was thinking is it wireless? This should get further investigation.

Re
                          Sean M

Mike,
                          1) When the system goes into an armed state, the ICM sometimes will send a status of ARMED, followed by DISARMED, then immediately followed by ARMED again. So this might cause some odd behavior if you script it. I see this like maybe 1 out of 25 times i arm the system.

2) Just noticed that my log files will show that the windows are flapping from Fault to Ready sometimes...
                          Chris

Comment

Yep, I agree on #1...I can clearly see the messages coming from the ICM being crossed. So, this is something that is definitely coming from there. I might be able to work around it if I sat down and looked at the logs and thought about it some more. But, I'm not sure this is a big deal for now.

For the 2nd one, this is just a bug on my part. :-) The problem is that the messages which are typically displayed all at once on a regular keypad (such as "** DISARMED ** Ready to arm" are not displayed as such on the ICM. They are split between two messages and sometimes one of two will not actually be sent out if some other status changes in the middle (e.g. a fault or bypass). So, this means that I have to make some educated guesses on what a message means when I only receive one half of the message (such as "** DISARMED **") with out the rest of the message. And apparently my educated guess was incorrect in certain cases. So back to the drawing board on that one.

I had some system troubles on my development PC, so uninstalled my Visual Studio to reclaim disk space until I could get a new HD in there. The new HD is in there, so time to reinstall and take another look at the code. Then hopefully I'll have a 1.0.0.4 version out that will address issue #2 at least. I'll keep everyone posted, but it may be a couple weeks.

Chris

Comment

AD2USB now ready to ship

Well here we are 30 days later.. Yikes.. well had lots of problems but I managed to get most of them worked out.

I am ready to send out a few prototype's to anyone who wants one.

The biggest problem was getting the OIL Change working. You will get a Perl script for windows/Linux that I wrote
                              that will allow you to upload new firmware. I figure I will have some custom requests for firmware.

It also should be noted that this device does not necessarily need a computer to function. If one wanted it could be programmed to just perform a specific task such as interfacing with a thumb print reader and arm/disarm a panel with a give user code.

Just plug it into a PC and connected to it with your favorite Terminal Software and configure it with some simple menu's then unplug it. Connect it to your alarm panel bus someplace. It will take power from the alarm bus and just run.

I have had to break up the firmware into 2 types and possibly 3 because of a bug in the CCS compiler.

Type 1: Address 31 non address mode panel : Vista 10se,20se et
                              Type 2: Addressable Devices from Address 16-30 : Vista 15p 20p
                              Type 3: Low address Devices from address 0-15 : Vista 50p Panel

I had to break it up do to a compiler issue that is out of my control. As soon as the compiler company fixes the bug I "should" be able to re merge all of this back into 1 code set and still have 20%-40% more space for additional custom code.

I am also providing a Perl script that will try and maintain a constant connection to the device and shows the basics of talking
                              to the com port to read the panel's data and talk back. I hope to have a few other examples soon my first piece to get working is my panel backup module that will download your entire panel memory to a file.

Code:
                              [SIZE=2]./paneltalk.plx [/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!boot....................[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]![/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Ademco Keypad Emulator V1.0[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!By Sean Mathews <DRWHO f34r.com at>[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Copyright (C) 2008 Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Reproduction without permission is prohibited[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!http://www.nutech.com/[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!For support email [EMAIL="general@support.nutech.com"][COLOR=#0000ff]general@support.nutech.com[/COLOR][/EMAIL][/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Reading configuration.[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Address mask(fffffd)[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Software UART initializing.[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Ready press ! for configuration.[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0010000000],"SYSTEM LOBAT                    "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0000000000],"FAULT 01 FRONT  DOOR            "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0010000000],"SYSTEM  1       STATUS  N       "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0000000000],"FAULT 02 FRONT  MOTION          "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0010000000],"COMM. FAILURE                   "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0000000000],"FAULT 03 STORAGEDOOR            "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Keypad Address (17) : 17[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Panel Code (0000) : 0000[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!EPROM Updated[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Reading configuration.[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Address mask(fffffd)[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Software UART initializing.[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0010000000],"SYSTEM LOBAT                    "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0000000000],"FAULT 02 FRONT  MOTION          "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Sending.done[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2]!Sending..done[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0010000000],"  Program Mode  Please Stand By "[/SIZE]
                              [SIZE=2][0010000000],"Program Mode    * Fill # View-00"[/SIZE]
                              The first section are bit fields / flags such as the LED indicator on the keypad.
                              Starting from Left ot right
                              X000000000 = 0-1 LED1 ON/OFF
                              0X00000000 = 0-1 LED2 ON/OFF
                              00X0000000 = 0-1 not sure what this bit is yet
                              000X000000 = 0-3 Beep 1, 2 or 3 times

The remaining flags are not used yet are for later use.

The next piece of data after a ',' is the panel message. This will be 32 characters long.

I am asking for $80 + shipping for this first release. The first units will come with perpetual firmware updates and a minimal $20 or so for updates to the carrier board if any ever happen.

I am etching and building these in my lab as the volume will be low so you can consider each one a piece of art : c )

Re
                              Sean Mathews

Comment

[ATTACH]15993[/ATTACH]

The Vista ICM link will open up the security panel page from the Vista ICM. So, it redirects to http://honeywell which then lets you control the security panel. Only works inside the house at this point

Then, the Config page lets you add zones, delete zones and change zones (e.g. name them). It looks like this:

[ATTACH]15992[/ATTACH]http://www.shadowguild.com/vistaicm/...cm_1_0_0_3.zip. I have the Updater version all working, so I intend to send this into HomeSeer. I would like to get any feedback from people who are interested before posting if possible.

Thanks,
                                Chris
                                Hi Chris,

First of all I would like to thank you very, very much for this plugin and all the hard work that you have put into it. This integration with homeseer and my Vista 20P is actually what pushed me off the fence and into home automation.

I have a couple of problems, one with a work around, and a wish list request.

1) After installing, I could not reliably receive a "Disarmed" report into Homeseer.
                                A few hours of troubleshooting later I discovered that the problem is with the chime option in the 20P. We like to have the chime enabled to hear doors opening and closing. The ICM reports this as "Disarmed Chime" instead of "Disarmed". Apparently the plugin does not recognize "Disarmed Chime". Can this be added so that we can continue to use the chime option?

2) When I first installed the plugin, I could create events based on for example: "security panel - becomes - equal to - armed"

Now the event reads: "security panel - becomes - equal to - value 4"

I am not sure what happened but I cannot create events because I do not know the values for "alarm, armed away, disarmed etc."

I started out using HA 2.2.130 and upgraded to 2.2.135, had some problems with zwave reliability, so I downgraded back to 2.2.130.

Now for my wish list:

I have Thermostat events based on the Vista status and the mode that I use at night is an armed away mode that is reported as "Maximum". The plugin sees this as simply "armed away". I would like to have events based on "Alarm", "Disarmed Chime", "Away", "Stay", and "Maximum".
                                Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance,
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X