This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 not going to be supported!

I sure hope you guys are working on an upgrade to support HS3. I couldn't live without the app on both my iPhone and iPad.

Phil

So... There is no plugin for HS3?

Comment

I'd probably get it if there was one. It appears they use audio commands on an iphone which would be great to use...

Comment

I remember that there was a plug in for HS2; still is. I was just surprised that there wasn't one for HS3...

Comment

Well guys,
          Some bad news for you. I contacted MobiLink and, after several days, received the following response about support for HS3:

"

Comment

So I guess the question is.... Have you tried HSTouch? I finally bit the bullet and installed it after I got HS3 running well (nearly a year ago). It does everything I need on my iPhone and iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
              So I guess the question is.... Have you tried HSTouch? I finally bit the bullet and installed it after I got HS3 running well (nearly a year ago). It does everything I need on my iPhone and iPad.
              Of course. HSTouch has been my primary interface to control HS remotely. I am just unhappy with the 80-s looking interface. I wish it was much more modern, auto-scalable to differently sized phones, with vector graphics and dynamic layout templates that change appearance based on in-app set display options. I like being able to create your own interface via Designer, but in a house with three different generations of iPhoen and two differently-sized iPads, who has time for this?

Comment

yeah the 80's looking interface really sell this great hs software short.

I just posted this in another reply, but I'm thinking about using irule. I don't know all the in's and out's but it seems very possible. The irule software has been easy to use and looks awesome!

here is the other post I made
                "if you looking for function - hstouch is really good.
                if you're looking for looks/GUI - consider irule.

I just came across irule a little while back and have been playing with it recently. It seems you can control your hs with irule. I've only gotten as far as controlling my av equipment with it. Drule has a plugin for irule and Cherryfool has been really great at keeping the thread up to date and giving great support. I'm not sure if you can control everything in HS with irule but I think most basic stuff you use everyday can be -lights, events, auido/video, etc. I'm thinking of keeping irule in "public areas" like the living room & tv area just for the great look it would give the HS system.
                __________________"
                Tom
                baby steps...starting again with HS3
                HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
                HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
                Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
                In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
                System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

love the looks at I-rule.. off to go play

It is too bad that will the market being ready for HA, and all the advances the team had made with HS3 that the graphics look like they were done by a ......
                  Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

gearty,

Check out roomie remote. I just across another thread that Virtual Panther mentioned it. Seems quite good, but I haven't played with it. Also it will work with you Global Cache devices.
                    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                      gearty,

Check out roomie remote. I just across another thread that Virtual Panther mentioned it. Seems quite good, but I haven't played with it. Also it will work with you Global Cache devices.
                      I have tried both Roomie Remote and iRule and I definitely prefer the ease of use of Roomie, by far. Too bad there is no HS version of that Their library of IR codes does not have any competition. It has codes to control anything, or so it seems!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                        I have tried both Roomie Remote and iRule and I definitely prefer the ease of use of Roomie, by far. Too bad there is no HS version of that Their library of IR codes does not have any competition. It has codes to control anything, or so it seems!
                        Thanks for the comparison of the two, I had wondered when I saw your post. iRule does take some getting used too- I'm still on my trial.
                        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                          Thanks for the comparison of the two, I had wondered when I saw your post. iRule does take some getting used too- I'm still on my trial.
                          I think that was exactly my case. It seemed very, very powerful, but I wanted something I can just USE, without having to spend a long time learning how to program various rules... Roomie does everything straight from iPhone. No design and deployment is needed. But... I only use Roomie for AV equipment control Not sure on capabilities of either of the programs to do anything outside of multimedia control.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in the same boat and have used both irule and roomie. Roomie is great and the coolest thing about it is you configure from your phone not your computer. I think they are planning on adding mic support. It is good to use with HS especially so you don't have to wait for "connecting..." with hstouch.

Comment

Well, this is a bummer!!! I had upgraded to HS3 and went to setup MobilLinc and yea... no plugin to download...

Oh well, HS3 is so much better, I will just have to make do...

Comment

Working...
                              X