No announcement yet.

Amateur Radio APRS Parsing Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW I also found a very weird one I need to check out (I'm pretty sure I logged it) with the Mic-E decoding. My wife and I were on the top of Pike's Peak in Colorado and it showed us in the middle of the ocean... the longitude was off by about 80. I thought it may have been a bad beacon, but her SSID was off too so definitely a bug.

-Mike

Comment

This is a great plug-in, thanks again for all your work and updates to it.

I have a feature request, or possibly it is already supported.

Would it be possible to track Weather Stations with a display of their weather information?

I would like to track specific weather stations of friends, family, and places I drive frequently, etc.

Thanks,

Damien
      KB7IVK

Comment

Thanks for the message Damien! Right now it will track inside of the Wx page any weather station it's received and decode the info. I wanted to add Ajax support for this (dynamic updating without reloading the page), but at the time HS didn't support it so I scraped the plans for the time being. I could change it to add an option to only watch weather stations you have tracked opposed to decoding any of them. Not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

Happy New Year!

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for, an option to only watch weather stations I have tracked opposed to decoding all of them.

Damien

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
            Hi Mike,

Happy New Year!

Yes, this is exactly what I am looking for, an option to only watch weather stations I have tracked opposed to decoding all of them.

Damien

Hi Damien,

Happy New Year to you as well!

Support for this is now added; going to run it for a day or so to make sure it works ok. Still haven't found the disconnect bug vk2xjg is seeing so not sure if that's going to make this release or not. Also APRS-IS weather submittal is still disabled... not sure yet if I'm going to enable this feature or not.

-Mike

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I hope the testing goes well; I look forward to playing with the update!

Damien
              Kb7IVK

Comment

Whilst on Feature Requests, Would it be possible to provide an option to customise the device string slightly ?

Currently the format is:
                (-33.8043,150.9085) is at Penrith, New South Wales AU

It would be nice to be able to drop the lat/long, state and country and leave only the suburb (or perhaps just drop the lat/long). The reason for this is I push the string to my MainLobby setup, and have a simple text string that displays my current position. It would be great to be able to simply have "is at Penrith", mainly for WAF as the lat/long are not of interest to those that don't know about them, and we already know which state and country we are in

The only other thing I could suggest is maybe messaging capability from the plugin to an APRS station... I know you already discounted messaging from a user to the plugin, and fully agree with the reasoning of possible bogus commands being sent by 'outsiders', but having the ability to trigger an APRS message in resonse to an event within HS may be a good thing - the only ones who could send such messages would be the plugin users themselves, and they should know how to set it up so as not to flood the APRS network with spam . The only 'issue' I would see with this would be that the APRS-IS login would need to be validated (instead of the current -1), requiring another item on the config page.

Anyway, it's a great plugin and it definitely gets a workout here.

Look forward to the updates
                Geoff VK2XJG

Comment

Hi Damien,

Give it a shot, new changes should be there

Hi Geoff,

I "hacked" in () some of those changes you wanted, hopefully they work as it was a bit messier than I thought it would be. I tested a few different combinations and it seems to be working fine, but you never know... One of these days I need to rewrite the section that handles the Geonames and Updating the location as the code is messy.

I'll think about the ability to send message via APRS-IS. There are some logistical issues such as I believe the ACKs would need to be handled. I do have the ability to send weather via the "-1" password, but I believe you are correct messaging doesn't work. I'll think about it a bit... last thing I want is Bob Bruninga to come after me due to noise on the network (UGH, and I just noticed I made a typo on his name in the about page, I guess I know what will be fixed in 1.1.15 among other things...)

-Mike

Comment

Mike,

As usual, great job, it works exactly as I would like. I will keep playing with it and see if I can get it to break but I doubt it.

Damien
                    KB7IVK

Comment

Mike,

Great work! I've installed .14 and the change to the devicestring looks to be exactly what I needed. I won't be able to fully test it until we go for a drive tomorrow, but so far so good.

Here's one more query (request?) regarding event triggers...
                      Is it possible to have the APRS plugin triggers appear when a conditional trigger is needed? For example I have an announcement event that triggers when I am 2km from home (VK2XJG-9 is less than 2km from 'home'). I would like to have that event stop working when I hit 1km from home (i.e. Less than 2km AND greater than 1km). Or could it be easier to provide another logic option of BETWEEN and enter two distances ? (BETWEEN 1km and 2km)

Thanks for the updates - great work....

Comment

Hi Geoff,

I'll see what I can do... that may be a bit tricky, but I love a challenge

How's the new build working out for you?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Just use HS and set a condition. create a device for your 1Km from home. So when you are 1km from home this device is setor ON, lets call it O2 and your orignal is O1. In your script for O1 you have the condition that it triggers IF O2 is off. What this will do is if O2 is on the orignal script an not trigger.

Is this what you are looking for???? just my .02

Comment

Hi,

Yes I tried using HS conditions to set an additional variable, but it just got too messy. The problem is a trigger is still needed to set that additional variable somewhere along the line. It works, but just means running another two events each time a beacon is received.

In order to set the "Dad_LT_1km_home" device to "ON" I need to have another event just to toggle this flag or keep it in the same state.

Pretty sure I could cut this back to two events if there was some sort of 'between' trigger....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Possible bug with setting SSID location ?

Not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or if there is something more sinister .... One of my events has the action to set the SSID location to 'home', however when this actually runs I get the following error:

1/11/2008 5:38:37 PM ~!~Info~!~Event Trigger "APRS - Dad less than 2km Copy 1"
                              1/11/2008 5:38:37 PM ~!~Info~!~Speak ()Dad is less than 2 kilometers from home
                              1/11/2008 5:38:37 PM ~!~APRSParser Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the TriggerAction() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_APRSPARSER.HSPI.TriggerAction(String actionstr)]

I had not tried this before updating to .14, so not sure if it is something new or has been there for a while... It seems it doesn't like setting the location to the pre-defined settings ??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Geoff,

I'll take a look and see what's going on. I've got that area open right now trying to add the "Between" option as a condition.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X