No announcement yet.

Amateur Radio APRS Parsing Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the General! I started studying a bit last week for it. Not sure if I'll go for extra, however would have said the same about General not too long ago

-Mike

Comment

1.0.07.1 is up.

-Mike

Comment

Version 1.0.8.1 is up. Thanks for all the feedback from Skarl and Dkrindred!

-Mike

Comment

Thanks mike, your hard work is appreciated. I finally got my UI-View setup stable. I passed my extra class exam but yet have to pass my CW exam. Once that happens I'll have to get HS2 running so I can run your plugin. I'm still using HS 1.7 and am still not ready to change over everything else. I really want the ability to trigger events based on object locations.
          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Originally posted by bruce l
            Thanks mike, your hard work is appreciated. I finally got my UI-View setup stable. I passed my extra class exam but yet have to pass my CW exam. Once that happens I'll have to get HS2 running so I can run your plugin. I'm still using HS 1.7 and am still not ready to change over everything else. I really want the ability to trigger events based on object locations.
            Congrats on passing the extra exam and thanks for the kind words!

Been talking with DKindred about hopefully adding some neat features in the future for fine tuning your locations rather than a circular radius based on a single GPS point.

Lately I've been using Xastir to dramatically improve the accuracy of my location. I grab both local and APRS-IS data now and feed that in to HS, so a lot of the missing holes between the two are filled in.

I'll attach some screen shots for the main page.

-Mike

Comment

I can see a handful of people have downloaded. Any feedback so far? Good/Bad? Anything I can change/enhance?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Really cool but..

Hey Mike, I really like it.

In australia we JUST got google maps for our region. So I generated a internet key for the DDNS name of my site which hardley ever changes IP address, and pasted it into the plugin internet and intranet (is that right?) and I stell get a msg box saying the key is not correct for this site when I use either intra or internet.

Am I doing something wrong? do I need a FQDN or IP adress or a fixed addres sinstead of ddns FQDN or another way to at least get the key accepted. Or maybe australia maps are not fully implemented everywhere. I can use them with uiview32 ok.

many thanks,

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by psampson
                  Hey Mike, I really like it.

In australia we JUST got google maps for our region. So I generated a internet key for the DDNS name of my site which hardley ever changes IP address, and pasted it into the plugin internet and intranet (is that right?) and I stell get a msg box saying the key is not correct for this site when I use either intra or internet.

Am I doing something wrong? do I need a FQDN or IP adress or a fixed addres sinstead of ddns FQDN or another way to at least get the key accepted. Or maybe australia maps are not fully implemented everywhere. I can use them with uiview32 ok.

many thanks,

Phil
                  Hi Phil,

The DDNS fqdn name should work, ie http://hostname.dyndns.org I think there also may be a difference between https and http and port number as well depending on how you access it. It's been a few months since I did it, but I *think* I had to do https://domainname:tcpport for mine to actually work.

Not sure why Google is so strict about the URLs; can be quite a pain. I was looking into maybe using Microsofts new Live server for mapping (no license key required), but not really sure which one is better.

-Mike

Comment

I want to plug Mike's plug-in, as well. It is SO COOL! I am having a real blast using it, and he did an excellent job with his implementation.

You guys who haven't getten your ham radio licenses are missing out on a lot of fun!

Thanks, Mike!!

--David

Comment

Dumb question but just to be sure. To install I copy the binary into the HS main directory and the APRS html under the html directory. Then restart HS2 and it is auto recognized ? I'm new to HS2 as this plugin is the only reason I installed it.
                      Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Originally posted by bruce l
                        Dumb question but just to be sure. To install I copy the binary into the HS main directory and the APRS html under the html directory. Then restart HS2 and it is auto recognized ? I'm new to HS2 as this plugin is the only reason I installed it.
                        Good Morning Bruce,

You are correct, all (in theory ) you should have to do is copy the binary into the root of HS, then copy the HTML hierarchy to the HTML directory. Lastly inside HS, go to Setup, then interfaces to enable it. If you have any problems, feel free to email or PM me.

Regards,

-Mike

Comment

For those having issues with Google Map keys, I am testing a new version here that lets you use Google Maps or Microsoft Live Maps (http://local.live.com).

-Mike

Comment

WHat am I doing wrong?

Now that I'm on HS2, I was excited to try the APRS plugin. I've installed it, but can't get it to do anything? I suspect it's because I cannot get the SSID pulldown to display anything. I've read thru many of the messages here, have created a virtual device and event as descibed, but still no go?

I think the first step would be for me to grasp what I need to do to create an SSID that shows up in the pulldown menu.

I have populated the config info with pertinent info.

Comment

Hi Shawn,

The SSID section needs a good clean up, sorry about that. In theory this is all you should have to do: Create your SSIDs as the device name inside of a Location called "APRSParser". The devices only need to be of type Virtual, and no on/off buttons for control are required. You can add as many SSIDs as you want, just make sure each one is on it's own device. The SSIDs are sensitive in that KB1MTS will only work if an SSID of KB1MTS is received, KB1MTS-1, -3, etc would be seperate devices. Once the SSID devices are created, the drop down box for the trigger event should now hopefully be populated with them. If not, then you may have hit upon a bug. It is hard coded to look for "APRSParser" as the Location name. Are you using a letter for your house code or a character (ie A vs #)? I wonder if I may have an issue there, need to look at the code.

I hope this helps and thank you for trying my plugin,

-Mike

Comment

Test version of 1.0.9 is up.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X