No announcement yet.

HAI Plugin Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update - work has gotten in the way of any major progress. I hope to have the InitIO routine cleaned up with the next update though.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Great to hear. I know from experience that work has a way of interfering with getting stuff done.

However, you should know that I'm currently watching this thread more carefully than my stock portfolio. Very anxious to get this working.

Thanks for your efforts.

Comment

v1.0.0.15 has been submitted to the updater. The only change was to put the HAI interface processing in its own thread. This should eliminate the "Interface not found in the list of active interfaces" error. This happens because the InitIO routine needs to finish quickly so that HS3 knows it is connected.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Does it take a while for the new version to post? I'm still seeing 1.0.0.14 in the updater. Perhaps my setup is doing something strange?

Comment

No, it's not you. When I submit to the updater, it could take a few hours to show up. Check again a little later.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

Comment

HI Rob,

Got the plugin up and running - I think. Thanks for the fix. It is just showing "areas" which from reading back through the thread might be the expected behavior at this point. Can you confirm that? Or perhaps I am still just showing devices created in .14?

I really have no idea what areas are so I'll have to dig through the OmniPro docs to figure that one out.

Can you let me know if you think you will be able to get Zones and Output devices supported soon? I'll go ahead and purchase the plugin if that looks promising.

Thanks.

Comment

Zones are supported in this version. You should see new devices created in HS for all of the zones that are in your panel. Areas are just your arm/disarm functions if you have them configured in your panel.

Comment

Hi Rob,

I uninstalled everything and tried again. The last lines of the console output look like this:

Identifying Controller...
                  CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (3.11)
                  Requesting Configuration info from HAI Panel...
                  Configuration retrieved.
                  Synchronizing HAI zones with HomeSeer...

But I don't get any zone devices inserted into homeseer. I certainly have zones on the panel. Any ideas?

Comment

That's a different version than what I have. Can you email me: logs/hai.log
                    Config/hai.INI
                    I'll be able to see what the differences are.
                    Robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com

Comment

Zones were added about 2 minor versions ago... You should double check your config.

Comment

HAI plugin for HS3

just loaded HS3 and have your HAI plug in up and running. Looks great.actually HS3 looks great too.....yes there's a but...

I see thermostat control is TBD that I think was a while ago.is there a plan to work this?...also I have temperature and humidity modules attached to the HAI panel and a skylight switch interface that I control via a HAI 'button' is that part of the thermostat work going forward or is that some where that I haven't found in HS3?

Comment

Please

Please finish this plugin, I am so ready to switch to HS3 but, I need Unit (Flags), Output, Botton and thermostat control. All of the other plugin are avalable for me to do the change. I just now need full access to my HAI panal.....I WOULD SPEND $100 for a fully working version.

Comment

Originally posted by eallen40 View Post
                            Please finish this plugin, I am so ready to switch to HS3 but, I need Unit (Flags), Output, Botton and thermostat control. All of the other plugin are avalable for me to do the change. I just now need full access to my HAI panal.....I WOULD SPEND $100 for a fully working version.
                            Hi eallen - I'm working with another user on a disconnect issue he's having. I hope to have another beta available soon for that. Next up is Unit/Output functionality. On the thermostat side, I havent looked into that yet, but there is another user that has an HAI thermostat plugin.

Sorry this is taking so long, work gets in the way and the holidays are crazy. I am still working on it though...

Comment

Originally posted by eallen40 View Post
                              Hi Rob,

I just wanted to echo eallen40 on this - which is to say having the full functionality to leverage the strengths of both HAI and HS3 would be well worth the money invested and I, too, would consider a price up to $100 to be a worthy expense, FWIW.

Thanks for your efforts on this plug-in - much appreciated!

Cheers,
                              Jcd

Comment

Firmware version needed?

Hey all,

Finally pulled the trigger on upgrading to HS3 and want to start experimenting.

I've read through the threads on the beta plug-in, and have a few questions which I am still vague about regarding current functionality....

1) What is the minimum firmware needed on the HAI Omni Pro II? I'm running 2.12a as it was been solid for me these many years. But, of course, I was using RS232 and not IP. Do I need to upgrade? Are these chips really in the $100+ range now? I think I got mine for sub-$50 back in the day...

2) I use HAI Button Panel events from the HAI keypad to trigger many HS2 events; i.e. on the LCD panel, I scroll down to "Goodnight Mode", press the # key, and I have a script in HS2 that looks for the button push and triggers an event. Is that implemented in the plug-in?

Thanks for the work on this!

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X