Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to add this plug in and I its failing to install. I put the zip file in the update3 folder and unzipped it. Added the override file to the HS3 folder. The plug in shows in the list as a test plugin and it downloads and fails to install.

Any idea?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Digger1 View Post
      Trying to add this plug in and I its failing to install. I put the zip file in the update3 folder and unzipped it. Added the override file to the HS3 folder. The plug in shows in the list as a test plugin and it downloads and fails to install.

Any idea?

Thanks
      Don't unzip the file.

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
        Hi Bob,

You stated...

Fantastic! I'm back again able to focus on this for a short while again.

So how do we get the latest version of the plugin? I noticed it is still at 3.0.0.10... Do I just download the same one again??

Thanks again!

Rich
        I need to upload a new version. I've been working on getting a new version ready, should be posted in a couple of days.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
          Don't unzip the file.
          Its failing to install. I deleted everything and started over and it wont install.

Comment

Its failing to install. I deleted everything and started over and it wont install.
            Are there any error messages? Make sure you check the HS log.

Your browser can effect the ability to do installations. If you're using IE, make sure compatibility view setting is off.

Without any indication of why it's failing, I can't really provide any help. The installation is handled by HomeSeer, not the plug-in.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post

Your browser can effect the ability to do installations. If you're using IE, make sure compatibility view setting is off.

Without any indication of why it's failing, I can't really provide any help. The installation is handled by HomeSeer, not the plug-in.

I will check in about 6 hours. I was busy adding devices to the ISY last night.

Appreciate your help once I can get you something to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Uploaded version 3.0.0.11. This has some minor fixes but mostly is being released to extend the expiration date. Previous version will expire in a couple of days.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

It says the /zip file does not exist. Let me grab the new version and try again. Maybe it was corrupt.

Comment

Worked that time. The file may have been corrupted. Time to play with it now

All should be good. Appreciate your help.

Comment

I had to reboot and now the plug in is failing. In the status screen it says initializing but its been over an hour.

Any ideas? I rebooted again and also disabled and re-enabled the plug in and its not coming back.

I hate to have to start all over again.

Comment

I had to reboot and now the plug in is failing. In the status screen it says initializing but its been over an hour.

Any ideas? I rebooted again and also disabled and re-enabled the plug in and its not coming back.

I hate to have to start all over again.
                        In the HomeSeer Plugin -> Manage page there is a checkbox for "Developer Mode". Check that and restart HomeSeer.

This will cause HomeSeer to open a console window for each plugin. The information in the console window for the ISY plug-in will help us determine what's going on.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

In the HomeSeer Plugin -> Manage page there is a checkbox for "Developer Mode". Check that and restart HomeSeer.

This will cause HomeSeer to open a console window for each plugin. The information in the console window for the ISY plug-in will help us determine what's going on.
                          OK doing it now.... I will post after it restarts

Thanks

Comment

It says its failing to find the ISY. I checked and the IP address and user name and password are correct.

Comment

I rebooted the ISY and then restarted HS3 again. The plug in still cant find the ISY. Re-verified the address and user name and password of the ISY in the plug in settings.

Comment

I rebooted the ISY and then restarted HS3 again. The plug in still cant find the ISY. Re-verified the address and user name and password of the ISY in the plug in settings.
                                Hi Digger1,

You really need to post (or better yet, cut-n-paste) what shows up in the log.

I'm assuming you're seeing the message
                                ISY initialization failed to locate an ISY on the network.
                                If that's the message, then the plug-in has already made multiple attempts to connect to an ISY and has failed. The sequence is something like this:

if you supplied an IP address, the plug-in will first attempt to connect directly at that IP address using the URL "http://<ipaddress>/desc" If that fails, it will make use of UPNP broadcast to see if an ISY responds. If no ISY responds to the UPNP broadcast, then it reports the message above and gives up.

This part of the plug-in has existed for many years now so I'm about 99.990% confident that the plug-in working correctly here. Double check the IP address and make sure the machine that's running HomeSeer can communicate with the ISY. You can do that using a browser with the URL above.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X