This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp Sensor Reading 185

I have seen this problem mentioned in other post but I am not sure from reading them how to correct this problem. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Ultra1Wire2 plugin with Homeseer 2

Thanks,
    Bob

With my 1-wire plugins I filter the 185 and do not update the virtual devices. It is typically the case were there is not sufficient energy in the temp sensor to do the A/D conversion. On startup this may occur or of course if connected to external power and that power is not present then the reading will likely persist. If 185 persists and is not a transient reading then you have to address the wiring of your 1-wire network.

Comment

Thanks, At the moment I have 1 DS18B20 connected to the Temp08 with about 2 feet of wire and the temp reading stays at 185. I have ruled out homeseer and using hyper terminal to poll the Temp08. Comes back 85c every time.

Comment

Here is some more information. I got working. For the first 12 hours working perfectly. Then occasionally started giving the 185 reading and after 24 hours constant 185 reading. I am using a signal waterproof DS18B20 sensor at the end of a 80 foot straight run cat5 all connections soldered. I have swap out the DS18B20 with a different sensor and get the same results. Still testing. Any advise?

Thanks,
        Bob

Comment

Are you providing 5v to the sensor or is it parasitic power on the DQ/Gnd lines? If 5V then confirm you actually have 5v at the sensor

Comment

parasitic power

Comment

Bob,

Michael is on the right track and the 5V question would have been my first question as well.

Provide 5V to VDD or ground it. You cannot leave VDD floating or you will get the results you are seeing.

To quote the spec sheet "When the DS18B20 is used in parasite power mode, the VDD pin must be connected to ground."

Mitch
              http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Ok. I can do that, but I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that just 2 wires back to the Temp08 was all I needed. Data and ground. As per the Application Guide

Comment

Thanks Guys, Looks like everything is working.

Comment

Originally posted by rmuziani View Post
                    I was under the impression that just 2 wires back to the Temp08 was all I needed. Data and ground. As per the Application Guide
                    Sure - the VDD grounding is done at the sensor, not at TEMP08, so only 2 wires still needed between the sensor and TEMP08.

Mitch
                    http://www.midondesign.com

Comment

Thanks Guys, Looks like everything is working.
                      Good news!

Here I have a couple of parasitic 1-wire networks running today after some 10 years.

Favorite device on said networks is a very tiny little combo Temperature / Humidity sensor made initially by AAG.

The rest of my combo temperature / humidity sensors are not parasitic.

Wish I could find more of the little tiny (small as my little finger nail) combo temperature and humidity sensors.

It has an insect look too it with the wires soldered and coming from the board.

Curious whatever happened to these and why they quit selling these little parasitic combo sensors?
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X