Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum number of devices

Hello

Just wondering if there is a possibility/plans of expanding the maximum number of devices from 9 Arduino's to a higher number?

Regards
    Mark

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hello

Just wondering if there is a possibility/plans of expanding the maximum number of devices from 9 Arduino's to a higher number?

Regards
    Mark
    Greig just wondering if you can you comment on this when you have a sec.

Best Regards
    Mark

Comment

At the moment the answer is no but I will look at this in the future. This would require quite a bit of work and testing.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        At the moment the answer is no but I will look at this in the future. This would require quite a bit of work and testing.

Greig.

Thanks for the reply Graig. Hopefully if time permits higher number of devices will be an option. I am using a lot of discreet I/O and Arduino plugin makes this extremely easy. I've moved away from xAP as new platform became available with your plugin.

Thanks for doing such a great work in supporting your plugin!!!

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,
          you can consider to use a API version. Here you can configure an hardware with 74HC595 for Output and 74HC165 for Input...
          Sure, is quite difficult but in this mode you can have a "illimitate" I/O.

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
            Hi Mark,
            you can consider to use a API version. Here you can configure an hardware with 74HC595 for Output and 74HC165 for Input...
            Sure, is quite difficult but in this mode you can have a "illimitate" I/O.

Thanks for the suggestion, however the number of I/O lines does not limit me on a single Arduino. My issue is that I started to use the wireless ESP8266 devices to monitor the temp and humidity. I have 6 of these implemented at the moment and given that I have another 6 Arduinos in 6 locations (rooms) puts me outside of the limit. The answer would be to run cabling to accommodate the remote I/O but then that defeats the purpose in having great ability of putting a device in area that requires control and minimizing the amount of cabling needed not to mention typical electrical noise that long cabling would be susceptible to. I can always spin up another HS3 just for that purpose but then I need to manage two instances and one does not communicate with the other.

Perhaps there is a way to link multiple instances of HS3 more natively in similar way as xAP does. I am not aware of any but this does not mean that it does not exist. I ma learning something new every day

Any other ideas ????

Regards
            Mark

Comment

Mark. FYI I have started to coding to have more supported boards but as I said it is not to easy with the way the plugin works. I hope to have this by Christmas.
              By the way how are you running your ESP8266. Can you share your code?

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                Mark. FYI I have started to coding to have more supported boards but as I said it is not to easy with the way the plugin works. I hope to have this by Christmas.
                By the way how are you running your ESP8266. Can you share your code?

No pressure, this is definitely not a life and death issue. I will wait, as needed. I do however want to thank you for considering this. Like I said before you created an incredible plugin and you keep on providing incredible level of support for it. I personally command you on your efforts and thank you!

Comment

Marekd1,
                  I'm playing with NodeMCU but not already used in my automation.

As you, the maximum number of 9 board, with NodeMCU (ESP8266) for me could be a problem.

My idea is to have one ESP8266 (the master) connected to homeseer and all you want other ESP8266 conencted to "the master". The esp in the bedroom can comunicate temperature and humidity to the master, then the master send data to homeseer. The same for all other esp slave...

Could be an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by khriss75 View Post
                    Marekd1,
                    I'm playing with NodeMCU but not already used in my automation.

As you, the maximum number of 9 board, with NodeMCU (ESP8266) for me could be a problem.

My idea is to have one ESP8266 (the master) connected to homeseer and all you want other ESP8266 conencted to "the master". The esp in the bedroom can comunicate temperature and humidity to the master, then the master send data to homeseer. The same for all other esp slave...

Could be an idea?
                    You defintely peeked my interest and sounds like a cool idea. When you get it going I would be interested in seeing how you coded the master / slave apprach and intergrated into the API. I could use this also in between Arduino's so applications are endless. If you have some examples that you could share I would be very gratefull.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
                      You defintely peeked my interest and sounds like a cool idea. When you get it going I would be interested in seeing how you coded the master / slave apprach and intergrated into the API. I could use this also in between Arduino's so applications are endless. If you have some examples that you could share I would be very gratefull.

Mark
                      Hi Mark,
                      I'm not a programmer but I'm reading aand testing a lot of example on the web.
                      Also I'm approaching to nRF24l01...

Comment

if you are using the esp devices for temp etc .
                        You can also load a mqtt sketch on them, so it connects to a mqtt broker
                        I believe the plugin for mqtt is free, and this is probably "limitless" with the amount of esps in your network.

I haven't done it yet but i am going to use it this way for my fire detector /microwave motion detector / pir / temp/humid in one :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                          if you are using the esp devices for temp etc .
                          You can also load a mqtt sketch on them, so it connects to a mqtt broker
                          I believe the plugin for mqtt is free, and this is probably "limitless" with the amount of esps in your network.

I haven't done it yet but i am going to use it this way for my fire detector /microwave motion detector / pir / temp/humid in one :P
                          Hi Vince,
                          thanks so much for your info!
                          I'm looking the MQTT solution: very simple, stable and fast!
                          One broker, al lot of devices connected.

Thanks!

Cris

Comment

no problem,
                            you can find the plugin and support i believe on www.domoticaforum.eu

Comment

The MQTT plugin is in the updater.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                              X