Who has the most Z-Wave nodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has the most Z-Wave nodes?

Just curious more than anything. I'm at a meager 22, although will probably be close to 30-ish soon.

Does anyone have 100? Is anyone close to the maximum of 232?

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
    Just curious more than anything. I'm at a meager 22, although will probably be close to 30-ish soon.

Does anyone have 100? Is anyone close to the maximum of 232?
    157. We might add 2 or 3 more. This is likely the maximum we will have.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by randy; September 3, 2015, 08:53 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

We have a similar number as rprade, but just a few less if I recall right (not by the computer at the moment). They are mostly Leviton Vizia RF+ switches, followed by GE outlets, locks, and then a few Cooper multi button controllers.

I made a decision early on to hard wire sensors, as I was not happy with performance of the ones I tested during the HS2 days. Also, for things like water sensors, I wanted to be sure they work no matter what, and with no batteries to change.

Comment

Wow Randy and Automated thats quite a bit z-wave devices!
        How many motion or mulit sensors do you guys utilizing right now?

I have about 85 added at this point with some battery device(dead- outdoor, motions waiting to be wired).
        Waiting Install:
        about 8 outdoor devices installed but waiting to with added(more outdoor lights, fountain lights & pump)
        5 water sensors waiting to be installed.
        5 Intermatic modules waiting to be installed.
        10 Energy sensors waiting to be installed..

about 28 devices waiting to be installed
        I'm about 3/4 way done...

Someone I just saw recently on here had about 200 some devices.
        AgileHumor says 200.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=1
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

It's a disease
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow - I feel like a slacker with my 55 nodes

I've reached a point in my house where I need to have neutrals run in order to add more devices. I've moved just about everything to Cree LED bulbs and I cant use dimmers on them. Once the cooler weather is here and I can get in the attic, I'll be running neutrals to the remainder of the switches.
            Attached Files
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
              It's a disease

Certainly is a disease! Most of mine are switches, outlets, with only a minority being sensors. I have far more switches for outdoor lighting than indoor( all done) but there is always a place outdoors that needs to be light up ;-)

Sent from my iPhone
              Tom

Comment

You should not show your home id in those screenshots! For any non-encrypting devices, that home id is all one needs to start messing with your network by restoring that home id to a ztroller or znet! I don't think any of you have a neighbor around reading this forum, who would also want to mess with you, but it is worth mentioning.

Yes, I know that someone could "sniff" this home id using some off the shelf tools, but that is a few steps more complicated than just being handed the home id, which you can then use to mess with someone.

Also, I just checked, and we have 130 nodes.

Comment

Heh - I live in a very rural place. My nearest neighbor is 1/8 mile away and it's my sister

But you're right, the home id is the controller's address for linking devices. A nefarious person could 'spoof' the home id and take control of devices.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Once the cooler weather is here and I can get in the attic, I'll be running neutrals to the remainder of the switches.
                    I've found I'm up the the attic a lot. I like clean installs, no wires showing etc, so always having to run some sort of wire. This summer i finished the whole house audio, including distant runs to three outdoor spaces. At the same time I was running some more cctv wires.

What I do is get everything ready on Friday night(put tools, materials up there), for a quick shock and awe campaign early on Sat & Sun. I get up in the attic at about 6am till about 8-8:30am.
                    Tom

Comment

Wow, amazing! For those with 100+ nodes -- any issues with that number of nodes in the network?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
                        Wow, amazing! For those with 100+ nodes -- any issues with that number of nodes in the network?
                        Mine is humming along fine, no errors, no delays - no issues whatsoever. I reboot the server once or twice a month to do updates. Motion detection by HSM100s and Aeotec Gen 5 battery operated respond virtually instantly. I am in the process of powering as many of the multi-sensors as possible so it is easier to change settings, but they work fine on batteries. They need replacing 1-2 times per year. I have 7 Aeotec MiniMotes that work famously.

Beside Z-Wave I have 3 Arduino boards for input, output, OneWire and LCD display. I have EDS OneWire servers for most temperature monitoring - a total of about 50 sensors.

Number of Devices: 1102
                        Number of Events: 943

I have been cleaning up a few events and occasionally think of a new one, other than that the system hasn't been touched for most of this year. The last Z-Wave issue that I can remember was probably in 2014 and that was with about 20 fewer devices.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Currently 117 Z-Wave Nodes
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have some catching up to do......
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thickman View Post
                              I have some catching up to do......
                              Don't worry this hobby is highly addictive...2 years from now you'll still be thinking what else can I z-wave, what other situations can I automate, what other fancy events can I implement...
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X