Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mloebl
    Everyone,

I'm going to edit the 1st post in this thread for all future software updates so you don't have to dig thru to find the latest version.
    Mike,

Can you include the version number in the zip file for future reference ?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by psampson
      Hi Mike,

5/03/2006 6:30:04 PM ~!~APRSParser Info~!~<B>SSID:</B> VK2JNT-9 <B>Message:</B> >TinyTrak3 v1.00 <B>Mic-E:</B> False
      5/03/2006 6:30:04 PM ~!~APRSParser Info~!~Message is not Mic-E, proceeding to decode

Thats all I got for -9. Nothing noting distance from home etc. So I'm not sure if its Mic-e formatting, or what "False" means. Can you please clarify?

Phil
      Many hams using APRS tend to stay away from MIC-E just because it is many times a little flakey after going through a couple of digi's. I don't use it myself because of that.

Comment

Well I have a new build I'm playing with here that's still a work in progress, but I have manually added SSIDs as devices getting their icon and location updated inside of HS as new aprs messages come in. I still have not full decided how the status string will be laid out mainly because I actually need to parse it out to update pieces of it as needed so it may change.

-Mike
        Attached Files

Comment

New test version is up! Please read the notes before installing.

-Mike

Comment

Getting an error when trying to register the DLL.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kyham
              Getting an error when trying to register the DLL.

Kyham,

Is this HS 1.7 or 2.0 you are seeing this error? I only support 2.0 right now and I think HS2 auto registers all plugins on startup automatically.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

CPU Usage

I decided to see how bad of a CPU hit I took switching from my Xastir server to the New England APRS-IS server. My HS box is only a 700mhz machine right now, and was sitting on a 5min average of 24% CPU usage. After switching to monitoring the entire north east, I'm up to about a 29% 5 min CPU usage average so not as bad as I thought it would be.

-Mike

Comment

Kyham,

Is this HS 1.7 or 2.0 you are seeing this error? I only support 2.0 right now and I think HS2 auto registers all plugins on startup automatically.

Thanks!

-Mike
                  Well it looks like I have to pass then. Won't be installing HS2 beta for quite a while yet.

Comment

I'm testing 1.0.3 right now... You can now create events to set the location; ie Home, Work, Unkown, Anywhere, etc etc. Also supports conditions now so you can create a single event to set your location Away, and then for conditions specify your locations. If testing goes well, should be out today or tomorrow.

-Mike

Comment

I'm playing with a new version now that has two maps pages now for Internet and Intranet Map API keys. The cooler new feature however is I'm testing geodecoding with Geonames to find the location if unknown. If you enable the option, it will lookup the City/Town/suburb/local name of the station based on it's lat/lon.

-Mike

Comment

1.05 is up... please beat on it a bit and let me know.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

1.05 is up... please beat on it a bit and let me know.

Thanks!

-Mike
                          Mike,

I noticed this in the log file upon reboot when it first initializes,
                          HTML Code:
                          3/19/2006 11:11:01 AM  - APRSParser Info - <FONT COLOR=Green>Connected</FONT>
                          I really like the 2nd map option.

Thanks

Steven

Comment

I have an old laptop comming in a week or so. I'll install HS 2 and start testing this. Just FYI the only reason I'm ungrading is to try this cool plugin. Keep up the great work.

Thanks,
                            Bruce
                            Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Originally posted by bruce l
                              I have an old laptop comming in a week or so. I'll install HS 2 and start testing this. Just FYI the only reason I'm ungrading is to try this cool plugin. Keep up the great work.

Thanks,
                              Bruce
                              Bruce,

Thanks for the kinds words; hope it can live up to your expectations. Testing a new version now that adds some more info to the maps popup, as well as a scripting function so you can get the location of an SSID via it's device code. I'm also looking into the possibility of adding another scripting function to allow custom generation of Google Maps.

(Now if we can only convince Steven to go for his license )

Regards,

-Mike

Comment

I passed my general exam last month - working on Extra class now. May have to retake my CW exam tho :{
                                Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Working...
                                X