Itach WF2IR connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itach WF2IR connection issues

i have 4 wired Globalcache devices on HS3 working without issue. Just purchased a WF2IR and can not get it to appear on the network. Have FIOS wireless set to B/G compatible. The Ihelp utility can not see it, yet I can connect with out a problem via the static IP I set during configuration. It appeared the plugin only connects via the Itach beacon. The Itach has the latest firmware. Any suggestions or thoughts? Any way to enter the static IP in the plugin?

Thanks in advance.

What is an itach beacon?

I have my WF2IR setup with static ip and UltraGCIR3 picks it up no problem.
    Edit: sorry, I'm not using the same plugin.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

I am using the UltraGCIR3 plugin as well. The beacon is transmitted by the Itach & Globalcache devices to identify themselves on the network. All the other devices are found and identified by the HS plugin and the Globalcache Ihelp utility as well.

Comment

Does your wifi access point have a 'feature' that restricts network broadcast?

Do the wf2ir and the homeseer server reside in the same subnet?

Edit:
        #1) is your WF2IR connected to your WIFI network yet? When you say it can be connected via static IP, but are you connecting to the WF2IR via ad-hoc wifi or through your FIOS's access point?
        Last edited by LeoS; April 15, 2015, 01:18 PM.
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Yes you need to do an initial setup with an OS that allows Adhoc networks which is Windows 7 or less. Once you see the adhoc network you can reassign it to your current network. Have a look at www.globalcache.com/docs for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
            Yes you need to do an initial setup with an OS that allows Adhoc networks which is Windows 7 or less. Once you see the adhoc network you can reassign it to your current network. Have a look at www.globalcache.com/docs for more details.

I have a WF2IR installed and I notice that even though it's virtually always idle, it generates about as much LAN traffic as my entry door security cameras. Do you see the same with your devices?

Tis a good question that is asked this day

Comment

Working...
            X