BlueIris Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skarragallagher you have a few options.

1. Embed the BI video stream in HSTouch and use the plugin for camera control
    2. Most IP cameras have a secondary stream, and you can embed that into HSTouch directly from the camera and then still use the BI plugin to control the camera

The latter may reduce load on your BI server, but may also offer compromised quality.

The plugin can control your cameras to a certain degree. The PTZ control is not as granular as it might be via BI, but you can still select PTZ presets and some of the other features via the plugin (and thus via HSTouch).
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      Anyone interested in a BlueIris plugin? Show the status of your server and cameras and control server and camera settings directly from HS events?

This would be a HS3 plugin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes! Interested!

Comment

Check out the HS3 updater. The plugin is there.
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I just got my first IP cam that i have been playing with and am soon going to get the Blue-Iris Software and then this plugin

I checked the specs on the blueiris software and it seems to have an excellent feature that I would like to make use of called GeoFencing. I am wondering if there is any support for integration with this feature within your plugin.

Essentially this would be an excellent way to determine occupancy and trigger events.

Thoughts?

Comment

This plugin deserves its own sub forum don't you think?

Comment

There is some support for Geofencing - have a look in the plugin help file, it's tricky as the plugin is limited to the capabilities of the BI application.

There is a dedicated support forum here:
              http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1229

Comment

Will the plugin work with blue iris version 4?
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

The JSON interface has not changed so I'm sure it will work. I'll confirm in the next few days.

Comment

reposted in your forum
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...88#post1155088
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just wondering what the changes were with new version of the plugin in the updater

Comment

There was a bug with geofence events triggering alarm events too. This has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                          There was a bug with geofence events triggering alarm events too. This has been fixed.
                          I am not sure I ran into this issue but I have found the generally speaking Blue Iris's Geofencing is unreliable. I was trying to use that as way to determine if the house was occupied. It only worked about 50-75% of the time.

I have since moved to using the dedicated plugin, PHLocation (free by the way) and android app Backitude. This works 100% of the time now.

Comment

Yup, I don't find the BI geofencing function particularly reliable either. Obviously that's part of the BI application rather than the plugin though. Other folks seem to make successful use of the feature. Either way, it was important to fix the bug.

Comment

Yeah, it certainly isn't your plugin and more of the application itself. Thanks for continuing to improve things

Comment

I'm currently looking at the trial, and I'm not finding a way to control the Trigger enable of a camera.
                                What I'm wanting to do is to be able to turn the Trigger on and off depending on whether I'm home or not. Blue Iris sends me a short video of any motion on the driveway when I'm away, so I'd like to be able to turn that Trigger on and off using HS3.

Thanks,
                                Z

Comment

Working...
                                X