Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I feel is missing in hstouch is the basic ability to be able to draw and line.
    You can make things look so much nicer with a line.
    Little tricks like draw a 1 pixel wide white line with a 1 pixel black line right next to it makes the line look indented (3D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post
      What I feel is missing in hstouch is the basic ability to be able to draw and line.
      Little tricks like draw a 1 pixel wide white line with a 1 pixel black line right next to it makes the line look indented (3D)

I agree it would be nice to draw directly within the designer

In the past for square shapes I've worked around it by creating 4 images 1x2 and 2x1 pixels in size (black + white/white +black). On the display create 4 images the right length and 2 pixels wide for each of the sides and set the image to stretch. That way I can resize it to any size while still keeping the overall project size limited in size.

Comment

Rotating elements would be nice too.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by gd1210 View Post

Agreed. Best success I have had is with building the image in an external tool like Photoshop or Paintbrush. Better with Photoshop since I can put a screen-shot of the current look and make it transparent so I can build the background appropriately. Still... it'd be nice to do some of that in Designer.

Comment

Looking to Hire a Homeseer Expert $$$

I was directed to this thread after posting for help elsewhere. Browsing through the thread, I can see why! This is clearly where the skilled people hang out

Here is what I am looking for:

We are looking to hire someone who can complete Homeseer setup and tailoring of HSTouch to create a custom interface.

We have a Hometroller S6-Pro installed in a new construction commercial building. We have completed basic setup, including connecting the Hometroller to cameras (through Blue Iris), a DSC security system (through EnvisaLink), and to some Z-wave devices for lighting control. The building also has 4 Honeywell wifi thermostats which we would like to connect to as well.

We are looking for a qualified programmer who can come in and complete the setup of our system, and then create a remote access interface for us. This person will be skilled at programming Hometroller functions as well as creating a tailored interface in HSTouch.

This is a commercial project and we are happy to pay someone for this work. We are located just north of Seattle, but would be open to someone working remotely with our IT guy to get this accomplished.

If you know of someone (an individual or company) who could provide us with these services, we'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Justin
            Last edited by juthale; June 28, 2016, 12:15 AM. Reason: added email notification

Comment

So, I don't know if Rich or anyone has considered this, but while I love the thread "Screens created with HS Touch", it's a pretty darn long thread. Given how often it gets posted to, I'm wondering if it might warrant an actual sub-forum, and people can post separate messages into it rather than just adding to the World's-Longest-Message-Thread (tm)?

Comment

Love that idea. ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                  So, I don't know if Rich or anyone has considered this, but while I love the thread "Screens created with HS Touch", it's a pretty darn long thread. Given how often it gets posted to, I'm wondering if it might warrant an actual sub-forum, and people can post separate messages into it rather than just adding to the World's-Longest-Message-Thread (tm)?
                  +1. It would be useful if that sub-forum were divided into screens for the various functions (HVAC, Lighting, etc).

- Robert

Comment

Juthale

Sent you an email.
                    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Originally posted by electron73 View Post
                      Someone just pointed this thread out to me for the HSTouch designs. I realize this is now for "Legacy" versions of HStouch but it looks like it's still the go-to thread for the designs, so I'll share my design here as well

Original idea to use HSTouch at all came when I wanted to put an iPad on the wall and have easy access to status information at a glance, without having to walk up to it and tap or scroll (like with the Vera app I used before). I also ultimately wanted to see the status of all alarm zones at once (see the hardware project I posted here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179747)

So here's my HSTouch setup using retina iPads mounted in several places around the house.

I will have to split this into two posts due to a 6 attachment limitation. Please see the 2nd part for the video, that hopefully makes it a bit more clear how the screens come up side by side when selecting from the device choosers. Each one of the light "status" devices shows if a light in that area is on and when tapped on it, shows a dynamic browser with only those devices to choose from. That way I avoided having to "hard code" all the areas and rooms into the HS3Touch project. If I later add any device to the system, it will show up in the appropriate category, controlled via the regular Homeseer web interface. No need to re-edit the HS3Touch project
                      How did you make the boxes around your icons with title bars? I love your layout and would like to recreate some of those elements for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
                        How did you make the boxes around your icons with title bars? I love your layout and would like to recreate some of those elements for mine.
                        +1
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I made them with Photoshop. They are simply graphics elements locked to the background and then I placed the buttons and text on top. They are included with the project zip I posted a while back if you want to use them

Comment

Thanks! I found them and gratuitously borrowing from your design! [emoji57]

Comment

Question: For your Sunrise/Sunset fields - how do i change those to standard time from 24 hour clock format?

Comment

Calendar Script

Originally posted by DoubleDrive View Post
                                My first few designs were horrendous. Then, I discovered that I could design all of the backgrounds and screen formatting in Photoshop and then bring that over to the Designer to add the HS pieces. The hardest part was the calendars because scripting isn't my forte. It was a LOT of very late nights and wasted weekends working through this design.

I also had the luxury of putting this all into a newly built home, so the light switches and motion detectors were already installed (by me) when we moved in. I'm still working out kinks here and there but so far it's coming along really well.
                                DD

VERY NICE WORK! Is the WAF high?

Could / Would you share an example of your Calendar Script? I would love to see if I am smart enough to do that.

Thanks Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X