No announcement yet.

Questions on Ademco Vista 50P support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I got it now. As long as the DooMotion doesn't require the device to be a motion sensor (or you can create a dummy motion sensor device that triggers at the same time as the MS security zone does) then that should work fine.

I should point out that my motion sensors are wireless, and I don't have any hardwired ones, so those might act differently then mine. However, I don't suspect that they would be worse then mine...if anything they would be better / trigger more often.

When I get the zone status in there, if you want to test it out, let me know...I'm looking for some volunteers. Probably won't be until later this month as now that I"m not on PTO it will take a little longer to get everything done.

Chris

Comment

OT: question about connecting a waterbug to the panel

Chris,
      if you have a minute can you checkout this thread i posted awhile ago

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=119450

wondering if you have any comments since you have a Vista system
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisDunn View Post
        ...I'm looking for some volunteers. Probably won't be until later this month as now that I"m not on PTO it will take a little longer to get everything done.

Chris
        I just added one Vista-ICM module to my Vista 20p (with 2 partitions) at work, and one to my Vista 15p at home, and I'd love to help you with this. I also have a panasonic webcam attached to each that allows pan/tilt via the icm interface. I'm not a programmer but love anything with an IP address and I'm looking for ways to improve functionality of the panels.

I'm looking specifically for additional features allowing email/sms notification of specific sensors being triggered to be sent to my cell phone while regular non-critical messages are sent to email, i.e. store room door opening fires off sms message to my cell phone, but arm/disarm messages are sent to email address for logging. I would also like to be able to find out if it's possible to monitor 'which' user armed/disarmed panel, etc.

Also, are you familiar with the Ademco 1361X10 power supply? and would that help at all. I'm looking at getting one as I understand I would be able to turn on lights automatically upon system arm/disarm, etc.

Thanks
        Last edited by ; January 6, 2008, 07:53 PM.

Comment

For the Vista 20p with 2 partitions, my understanding is that the ICM has to reside in one partition, so how is that working for you? My system only has 1 partition, so I haven't seen how the ICM works in that type of deployment.

With the plug-in that I'm working on, I'm trying to put triggers in for the security panel for Disarm, Arm-Stay, Arm-Away and Alarm, and then triggers for the zones for Ready, Fault, and Bypass. With those triggers in HomeSeer, you should be able to send emails out to different locations. So, it looks like that will do what you are looking for. (I'm still working on the exact triggers...)

The one thing that I'm not able to do with the ICM that you were looking for was to determine which user armed / disarmed the panel. Unfortunately, that information isn't available through the ICM. The only place I've seen that is in the Vista 128 and higher with the serial interface.

For the power adapter, I am familiar with the capability that you are trying to add (just didn't remember the model number of the power adapter). The caveats that I've seen people post about that are related to that the X10 in Vista is limited to like 16 events. So, an open (fault) is one event and a close (ready) is another event. So, effectively you can monitor 8 zones (or devices) in Vista (if you want open/close events for one zone) and then you are out of X10 capability. You should look into that more closely to see if it will cover what you are looking to do.

The alternative is to hook the events that you are interested in on the HomeSeer server and then trigger whatever X10 actions you want. In this case, there are no limitations.

The positive on having the X10 in the panel is that there is no external device that could fail (meaning the HomeSeer server).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Chris

Comment

The ICM is working great in the Vista 20p but only on the 1st partition. I originally bought it to monitor the 2nd partition but didn't know about the partition limitation at the time (maybe in the future they will be able to address that, or maybe I can put another one on partition 2). I've been waiting for a callback from in2networks regarding several questions that I have for them. I talked to in2 today and he mentioned the names of the guys that may be open to some future firmware programming updates. I think if enough people were asking for it, they'd give it more serious thought. It's just running busybox with Linux 2.4.24 so it should be capable of much more than it currently does assuming that it has enough memory.

I see your point on the x10 power supply giving me more reliable long-term results than homeseer scripts as I've been monkeying with homeseer on and off for years while never actually depending on it on a day-by-day basis yet. I'm only running the demo of 2.0 right now, wondering if I should go ahead with that alternative or not...your success may determine that for me.

Let me know if you have something available to try, I'd love to give it a whirl and provide you any feedback you might need.

Thanks

Comment

I spoke with in2networks again to request multiple email addresses and it's something they are considering along with some other updates that may be coming out soon with their new in2myhome services that they will be launching shortly.

Comment

Do a search on my userID and you'll see I've been using the APEX 6100 for several years with status of ALL zone posted on my Homeseer- flawlessly.
                I too purchased the ICM a while back but opted to not use it because is uses the same ascii port I use for the alarm status.

So I stuck with what i was using. The interactive keypad interface I never got working because the status page worked so well I didnt really need it. And I have so many irons in the fire i just cant get to it. (all consuming job, biodiesel truck, etc, etc, etc, bla bla bla)

All the pieces are there for the development of a fully integrated system but no one has done it. Ballam posted the work on this forum that i had done on it. It's functional but the ideal situation is to have it fully interactive and programmable keypad functionality built. It can be done- and it would take some the bad rap that Ademco has been getting and take some of the shine off of the other lame products.

I dont like HAI products and Napco is limited, lynx is lame. and the APEX with it's built in x10 and chaining/triggered events is great. I've looked at other options hundreds of time but I cant find anything better and that can do all the things as the APEX can- relay's, remote telephone access, local telephone access, remote two way voice, remote voice intereaction, two way x10, temp sensors, paging, voice announcement of zones, and all the regular security features. and that's without the ICM working.

I'm following your Post with interest, but until you improve on what i have(which wont be hard) I'm going to keep using my one way status updates and hope someday someone will have more time than I do until something better comes along.

I considered going to PLUTO - since it has a built in APEX/ADEMCO interface, or the subset of that which is Linux MCE, but I have HS so fine tuned with my alarm system and Solar Array - I cant give it up.

Dusty

Comment

BTW-the in2myhome website is up.

Comment

First version ready for testing - 1.0.0.0

Hi all,

I have version 1.0.0.0 ready for some testing if anyone is interested in trying it out. I'll put the release notes here. If you are interested, then private message (or email) me and I will send the file to you.

Regards,
                    Chris
                    Attached Files

Comment

OK I'm interested but i need to dig out my ICM and find time to install it.

Comment

Alarms and zones

Here's what mine looks like with the scripting tool I built.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sample of what the plug-in looks like

I rev'd the version to 1.0.0.1 as I found 1 issue with the panel showing ALARM when you re-entered the house after it was armed as AWAY.

Here is what my HomeSeer is looking like with the Security settings (see attachment).

Click image for larger version

Name:	vista_samp.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1153833

The only thing that I still want to do shortly is to enable the configuration so that someone can manually create the Zones...right now you have to fault or bypass them to get the created.

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested in taking it for a spin.

Chris

PS. Dusty, I'll PM you with the information.
                          Last edited by ChrisDunn; January 26, 2008, 05:43 PM. Reason: Forgot the image :-)

Comment

Status

So the status doesnt really show the current state of the zone? i just shows bypassed? or ready? was that the condition of the zone when the alarm was set? and what about the time stamp does that get updated every time a zone changes state?

Also my zones are the actual zone of the alarm panel- is this what you mean by edit the zones?

Comment

The status is the current state:

It will either be "Ready" which means it will allow the security panel to arm. So, for a door or window, it means it is closed. For motion it means no motion.

Or it could be "Fault" or "Bypass" which are self-explanatory. :-)

The status of the zones is real-time. So, if the alarm panel is not armed and you fault or bypass a zone, it will change in real-time to show the state ("Fault" or "Bypass") and the last edit time will reflect the time of the triggering event.

And yes, the zones that I refer to are the actual security zones. My panel has about 70 active zones...of which I'm currently monitoring about 20 in the image above...but I could go up to 99 of the zones with the current plug-in.

I think that answers most of your questions...but I'll add some more info below to explain some other things as well. Let me know if you have more questions as well.

There are a couple of caveats on the status right now.

1) A zone that is bypassed will no longer give fault status.
                              2) Currently when multiple zones are faulted or bypassed and one of the faulted or bypassed ones moves to another state (e.g. a door and window were faulted and the door gets closed), the panel is not telling me that the door is no longer faulted. So, the status would not be updated until *ALL* zones are in a known state again. (I'm looking at how to get around this.)
                              3) Motion sensors are tricky because of the above. So, if a window is faulted, then a motion sensor goes off...I won't know that there is no motion until *ALL* zones go to a known state

When I say above "a known state" what I mean is really Disarmed with all zones ready.

I'm trying to figure out how to get more fine-grained status of the zones, but I'm currently not talking to the ICM, I'm only receiving from it, which means I'm limited to getting only what you see in the Vista-ICM web page for status. So, if you can't tell in the status that a zone is faulted, bypassed or ready...then the plug-in can't either.

When I start trying to talk to the ICM I think that I'll be able to get a slightly more accurate status. I'm still playing around with this one and will post more when I have another update.

Chris
                              Last edited by ChrisDunn; January 26, 2008, 05:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to answer one question

Comment

So I think your description of how it works helps me understand why some of your zone have the exact same time stamp. That was strange to me as mine never does that.

So what you saying your motion sensors and bypassed zones trip once and dont return until everything is closed ie "ready" and the system is disarmed, right?

I appreciate what you've done - I just dont have time to invest in writing an interface, and I'm willing to give it a go because i want to use the web interface and I also want to make use of the ICM I bought several years ago that's gathering a LOT of dust. I does however seems to be a minor downgrade on the status of all the zones. I do want to give it a run though.

are you able to interact with the web interface on the ICM indepedently and simultaneously with Homeseer. or is the interface "locked" via homeseer? That would be a plus.

No issues with fire zones?

I also have mine write out to a indepedent log for history. I've used it several times over the years and it's been very beneficial to have. We have a garage appartment and motion sensors and history are important.

The two way communication will be via the C plus code with checksum or someother way? The reason I ask is that a Vista Panel may be different than my APEX Destiny 6100.

Comment

Working...
                                X