Trigger wish: the physical bottons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger wish: the physical bottons

would it be possible to distinguis between volume up and down done by the physical push on the players button vs. Volume up dwn on the player done via the app ( or this plugin)
    I wish use the buttons as control for simething else. And today i alsi get the trigger event when i reduce volume from my app
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
      would it be possible to distinguis between volume up and down done by the physical push on the players button vs. Volume up dwn on the player done via the app ( or this plugin)
      I wish use the buttons as control for simething else. And today i alsi get the trigger event when i reduce volume from my app
      Sorry, the player sends events about what has changed (ex volume up), not how it was changed or who changed it.

Dirk

Comment

That makes sense ... but would you be able to support "changed by plugin" vs. "changed by non-plugin, i.e. hard button/sonos app""? That would still be useful as I see using hard buttons or Sonos app as separate function. E.g. I use multiple events to raise sonos volume but would want to stop that if sonos volume was changed manually in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
          That makes sense ... but would you be able to support "changed by plugin" vs. "changed by non-plugin, i.e. hard button/sonos app""? That would still be useful as I see using hard buttons or Sonos app as separate function. E.g. I use multiple events to raise sonos volume but would want to stop that if sonos volume was changed manually in between.
          The PI works asynchronously with the players being the master, meaning: the PI sends a command to the player and that's it. When the player generates an event back that the volume was changed, the event will fire. At that point, no info as to where, who or why the volume was changed.

Perhaps you can explain the events and what they are wanting to do, maybe some reader may have some suggestions as an alternative and do what you want without more custom code.

Dirk

Comment

The main reason would be to trigger events like this: I setup HS alarm clock for the morning which turns on Sonos. If I choose to manually turn off Sonos I want to stop music, turn off lights as I want to sleep more. But I also send announcements thru Sonos. Every time announcement comes Sonos turns on/off which would trigger my events which is something I don't want.

I think we had this discussion before on how to detect and ignore when sonos is being changed by your plugin vs. by the user using hard buttons and/or Sonos app. Jakob seems to want to go even further in telling hard buttons vs. Sonos app - that would be great but if not possible it would be nice to ignore in the triggers activity caused by announcements from the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
              The main reason would be to trigger events like this: I setup HS alarm clock for the morning which turns on Sonos. If I choose to manually turn off Sonos I want to stop music, turn off lights as I want to sleep more. But I also send announcements thru Sonos. Every time announcement comes Sonos turns on/off which would trigger my events which is something I don't want.

I think we had this discussion before on how to detect and ignore when sonos is being changed by your plugin vs. by the user using hard buttons and/or Sonos app. Jakob seems to want to go even further in telling hard buttons vs. Sonos app - that would be great but if not possible it would be nice to ignore in the triggers activity caused by announcements from the plugin.
              My suggestion, install some buttons (z-wave perhaps - minimote?) and use those to do what you want rather than the button on the player.

Just my 2 cents

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                My suggestion, install some buttons (z-wave perhaps - minimote?) and use those to do what you want rather than the button on the player.

Just my 2 cents

Dirk
                Yes that would work ... but it is much more intuitive for my spouse/kids and even me to just turn off sonos :-)

I did work on some scripting to get this working which requires that I always call sonos thru that script which first sets virtual device, runs sonos announcement, then turns off ... turn off is tricky in the case where multiple announcements are queued ...

Comment

Working...
                X