This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some ASP examples

I would like to duplicate some of the functions that the touchpad interface has in the media player section. I would like to develope a combo-box in a custom webpage that funtions like the selection box in touchpad. Allowing easy access to all the playlists, albums, and artist on the system.

Anyone have or would be willing to share their work and get me started on this?

Sgt-Baker

Anyone? Anything?

Sgt-Baker

Comment

Sgt-Baker,
      I would offer suggestions but first of all I do not use the Media Player plugin. Secondly, it is an asp page that is compiled on the fly so only Jeff can offer the suggestions as to how it works in the Touchpad interface.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Well, here is my take on it

I managed to hack together some ASP and ended up with the setup that follows. The main control for the player happens in MainLobby. The music library list and search feature is all ASP running in a WebLobby window.

First screen is when the system is told to switch to Mp3 mode. The media Library is displayed first... I wanted this the other way around but due to some limitation in WebLobby, this is the default. As an aside, this actualy increased WAF as she often gets a song in her head and wants to jump straight to it and listen. You can select either a playlist and start playback, or select an artist to view all the tracks in the library by that artist and then select a track from the list to play.

Second screen is same window, but after an artist and track have been selected. A note here, I shamelessly robbed the scroll button code from CFguy from the TouchPad interface, with the addition of the center button which acts as a submit to select the current item, which works better on touchscreens than trying to double click the text list.

Third screen is with the media library closed and the player playing the previously selected song. All the track info is on the left along with the cover art if its available. The buttons on the far right are clickselects to my wife and myselfs bulk playlists and the media library button brings the ASP back up

Fourth screen is the player when stopped or with no music selected. Wanted to show you this one because it also shows what image is displayed if the current track doesnt have any cover art.

If anyone is interested in the ASP for the media library let me know and I'll put together a zip of the files. Be warned that the code is pretty hacked together and might be a little tough to understand as i piecemilled it all together from several source pages and examples from HTML HOWto sites.

Sgt-Baker
        Attached Files

Comment

I'd be really interested to see what you've managed to put together.

-Rob

Comment

Me too

I've been been trying to get to the same point with ML and the player plug-in.

bt

Comment

Here is the ASP and MLS

Like I said, it looks ugly in the code. I am sure that there are things that could be cleaned up, removed, or otherwise break some codeing guildlines but hey, it works for me and could be a start for someone else.

The MLS is just one scene and a weblobby.ini - I use a couple of custome JPG's as buttons to hide or cover certain parts of the scene based on the value of a MLvariable. I also hide/show the refresh and open/close library buttons the same way. All together about 8 items on the scene get there state set from the one variable.

Also Throwing in a few images
              no_cover_art goes in the images directory
              380x1024_wmp_overlay goes in skins

Sgt-Baker
              Attached Files

Comment

I've been hoping someone would do this. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks!

Mark
                Mark

Comment

Works Great
                  One thing, you didn't include any of the grafix.
                  When I open everything up I get a bunch of red X's.
                  I can make my own but not sure what each button should be without a grafic to go by.
                  Thanx for this, now I will have to redo some scenes.
                  Tim

Umm silly me. I looked at your screen shots, over looked em before.
                  Now I know what grafix i should use
                  FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Doh, you're right, I didn't include any of the ASP pages images. While only a few, I will zip them up and post them here for reference as soon as I get home.

Glad you Liked it, and thanks for the positive comments.

Sgt-Baker

Comment

Sorry for the delay, here are the images I reference in the ASP pages.

Enjoy,
                      Sgt-Baker
                      Attached Files

Comment

Sgt-Baker or anyone-

I finally got around to implementing Sgt-Bakers ASP for artist/playlist selection in my MainLobby MediaPlayer scenes. This works great - thank you Sgt-Baker!

But in the interest of pushing ever farther - has anyone added the ability to select albums?

I couldn't code an ASP if my life depended on it, so I'm hoping someone has already done this. If not, I'd be willing to try if someone gives me a headstart.

Mark
                        Mark

Comment

BUMP.

Sgt-Baker? fungun? anyone added an album select?

Mark
                          Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X