Scrolling Weather Forcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolling Weather Forcast

Discussions for the Scrolling Weather forcast in the HomeSeer 2 header.

Script at:
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106808
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

script?

The directions call for download and running of a script, but there is no script posted.

Comment

Check out first thread at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106769
      Don

Comment

How do you make the clock update and also display the scrolling weather at the same time. As soon as my clock updates, then the message starts over.

Thanks.
        Billy

Comment

I have another javascript that I wrote that updates the clock. I'll try to post that when I get home tonight. You just add it to the meta.htm file.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I've got the one that was posted in another thread. The one I am using looks like it over writes the screen portion where the scrolling weather forecasts is at, thus making it start over again. The clock ticks by just fine but the weather forcast just gets started and then starts over again...
            Billy

Comment

I have mine setup so that both the real time clock and the weather scroll works.

I'll post it when I get home tonight.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks, I'll watch the board tonight.
                Billy

Comment

Thank you!! Worked like a charm

-Mike

Comment

Thanks a bunch...
                    Billy

Comment

Can't get this to work correctly. If I edit the weatherxml.js file I can get the message to appear and scroll, but as soo as the weathercom_xml_scroll.txt runs it is blank again. I understad that it is supose to be updating that file so the fack that the message I manually type get earased make sense.

Comment

Nevermind found the answer here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=106769 works great now.

thanks

Comment

Tried and tried. Not working at all.
                          Must have done something silly.
                          Here is what I have-

PHP Code:
                          STYLE.CSS =.weatherscroll

{
                          coloryellow;
                          width300 px;

META.HTM = <SCRIPT language="Javascript" src="/weathercom_xml/weatherxml.js"></SCRIPT>
                          <
                          script>
                          <!--
                          function 
                          displayWeather() {
                          sMessage weatherScroll;
                          userclock.innerHTML=sMessage;
                          userclock.style.display='';
                          userclock.className="weatherscroll";
                          }
                          //-->
                          </script

Inside this folder-weathercom_xml-there is this file-weatherxml.js-that has this content-weatherScroll ""
                          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Is the file /weathercom_xml/weatherxml.js getting created?
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Yes it is-

Inside this folder-weathercom_xml-there is this file-weatherxml.js-that has this content-weatherScroll = "";
                              Thanx
                              Tim
                              FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Working...
                              X