www.homeseer.com

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer > General Discussion Area

General Discussion Area General discussion about HomeSeer that does not fall into any other category or are not specific to 1.x or 2.x versions of HomeSeer.

Old December 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Sean,

My ICM died last week and I'm trying to get it repaired by In2Networks, but they are not replying to my emails. So, if I don't hear anything from them, then I may have to either replace it or go with an alternative. So, I have some questions for you on the AD2USB.

Do you have a plug-in for the AD2USB? Also, does the chip have an enclosure to put it in once I run the keybus wires to my rack closet, or do you have a recommendation on how to mount it? If there is a plug-in, how extensible is it in regards to being able to add functionality programmatically?

Then, on the ECP protocol, do you get information about which code was used to disarm/arm the system? This is one thing that I could never get from the ICM and would like to get so that I can know who just came home.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,
Chris
Old December 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Seer

Default Icm

What happened to your ICM Chris?

Just curious.

John
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by airjohn1 View Post
What happened to your ICM Chris?
I had given it a static IP months ago and never noticed that it had gotten confused until I was going to open it up through the firewall for remote access (well, looking into this anyway). By confused I mean that it wasn't using my static IP, it was using a DHCP address. It was working if I was trying to control the security panel through it (using the DHCP address), but if I would try to go to the Setup it was getting confused and trying to direct me to webpages on the static IP address (which of course didn't exist).

I finally managed to get into the config page through various steps and changed the IP configuration again and saved it out. After this point, the ICM was then stuck in a mode where it is continually rebooting and thus not accessible over the network.

In2Networks has finally responded to my email, so I'm going back and forth with them now on trying to resolve it. I'm worried that I'm out of warranty period or something...

Chris
Old December 17th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Seer

Hi Chris,

I had a similar problem and found an undocumented (at least I couldn't find any info about it) push button on the ICM PC board next to the Ethernet connector. This button released the IP. I also found that if my ICM is connected to a switch (that is daisy chained to my router) I can get a reliable status of my panel, but it must be connected directly to my router to access the config page and the software keypad.

John
Old December 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

Ah yes, the little red button...I'm quite familiar with that one at this point. I've actually already tried to use it to reset the ICM and to do a factory reset as well. No luck on either account.

Still waiting for In2Networks to respond again.

Chris
Old December 21st, 2008, 02:26 PM
Seer Deluxe

Chris, I have started another post at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...340#post849340 - can you check it? (Not sure how else to contact you, sorry about this...)

Thanks.
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Seer

Hay Chris.

Sorry for the delay on your question. For some reason i missed the notification.

I hope to work on a plugin soon. I have the necessary agreements established with homeseer and software to build a plugin but for now I am still ironing out a few features on the device itself and getting a .Net/Mono GUI done first.

As for a case I designed the board to be the same size as the Ademco 5816 and will fit into the bottom half of the 5816 case that can then easily mounted into a panel box or near a computer. The top case cover wont fit unless a hole is cut to allow for the USB connector to protrude but that is not hard to cut on your own.

I have built a mold to cast a bottom case in plastic. I have been sending samples of these to people who order them. They are not prefect but they work : c ).

The newest version of the board has the ability to "SNIFF" out any communication on the keypad bus. It would be possible to decode this and build a keylogger. The issue raises secuirty concerns as you can imagin.

The most recent board also has the ability to use keypads as DISPLAY's I have successfully been able to put messages on any display on the network by spoofing the alarm panel's protocol and sending out a text message to all keypads to display. I think i posted a sample of this on this forum.

On of the issues I will be facing is total code space on the device. I currently have more features than the device can hold at one time. It may be necessary to disable some features for others and if more features are needed multiple devices could be added to the system. Example one for keylogging and display control and another as a virtual keypad to log messages and send keystrokes.

Hope this helps.

Re
Sean M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDunn View Post
Sean,

My ICM died last week and I'm trying to get it repaired by In2Networks, but they are not replying to my emails. So, if I don't hear anything from them, then I may have to either replace it or go with an alternative. So, I have some questions for you on the AD2USB.

Do you have a plug-in for the AD2USB? Also, does the chip have an enclosure to put it in once I run the keybus wires to my rack closet, or do you have a recommendation on how to mount it? If there is a plug-in, how extensible is it in regards to being able to add functionality programmatically?

Then, on the ECP protocol, do you get information about which code was used to disarm/arm the system? This is one thing that I could never get from the ICM and would like to get so that I can know who just came home.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,
Chris
Old January 9th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Sean,

Yep that helps. Now, I just have to find out what is happening with my ICM to know what direction I'm going to be going.

Chris
Old January 10th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

Chris and Sean,

As you may have seen in another post (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133198) I'm seeing some entries in the ICM log, from Chris' plugin, that suggest that the plugin may not be keeping up with all of the communication on the keypad bus (the log is showing several messages concatenated). Is what I am saying conceivable, or do you think something else might be going on?

I think I can't use the AD2USB concept because my Ademco panel is three stories above where my Homeseer PC is, so I'd love to get the ICM plugin working properly. Is there anything I could do to help move things along? I've never built a Homeseer plugin, and I'm not really a software programmer, but I am a tinkerer and have written some complex scripts in HS - would I be able to understand how a plugin is constructed?

Thanks for any ideas you have.

Jon S.
Old January 10th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Jon,

Will reply in the other thread.

Chris
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Seer

Default Sean's AD2USB with homeseer 1.7?

Hey guys,

I have a Ademco V128b panel and I was looking to buy Sean's AD2USB adapter.
Does anyone know if it will work with Homeseer 1.7? Or do I have to upgrade?
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd75 View Post
Hey guys,

I have a Ademco V128b panel and I was looking to buy Sean's AD2USB adapter.
Does anyone know if it will work with Homeseer 1.7? Or do I have to upgrade?
there is not a plugin for the AD2USB, yet. but when there is, it will be for hs2 only

HS 2.5.0.20 (Standard)
Hardware: Insteon PLM | HAI RC80b | W800RF32A | USBUIRT | 1-Wire MasterHub | AD2USB V2.2
Plugins: Insteon (mine) | HAI RC Tstat | ACRF2 | UIRT | mcsXAP | Vista Alarm (mine) | Switchlinc Programmer (mine) | DooMotion | PowerTrigger (for graphing)
Scripts: Quickview | Virtual Graphing | WeatherXML | SNMP UPS Monitor (mine)
Platform: Windows 2003 Server, 3.4Ghz, 3GB memory
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Seer

Default question about Sean's AD2USB adapter

Ok, So no homeseer plugin yet, how can I use it to talk to my panel?
I'm using x-10 and also the Ademco v128b panel also I have homeseer 1.7.

Currently I have events programmed to the panel and it sends x-10 commands out via the x-10 transformer to homeseer and it sees them and acts on the rules I have specified. How are other people using the AD2USB adapter?
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Ok, So no homeseer plugin yet, how can I use it to talk to my panel?
I'm using x-10 and also the Ademco v128b panel also I have homeseer 1.7.

Currently I have events programmed to the panel and it sends x-10 commands out via the x-10 transformer to homeseer and it sees them and acts on the rules I have specified. How are other people using the AD2USB adapter?
i am using the x10 method as well with my 20se. I have started writing a vb.net script to monitor the panel messages (they are simple ascii text) from the AD2USB.

HS 2.5.0.20 (Standard)
Hardware: Insteon PLM | HAI RC80b | W800RF32A | USBUIRT | 1-Wire MasterHub | AD2USB V2.2
Plugins: Insteon (mine) | HAI RC Tstat | ACRF2 | UIRT | mcsXAP | Vista Alarm (mine) | Switchlinc Programmer (mine) | DooMotion | PowerTrigger (for graphing)
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Seer

Default question about Sean's AD2USB adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
i am using the x10 method as well with my 20se. I have started writing a vb.net script to monitor the panel messages (they are simple ascii text) from the AD2USB.
Ok so what does the script do, and does it run within a piece of software?
How would you suggest i go about this if I was going to use Sean's AD2USB adapter?
Old March 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Ok so what does the script do, and does it run within a piece of software?
How would you suggest i go about this if I was going to use Sean's AD2USB adapter?
Tommy,
I have started developing an HS2 plug-in for the ADM2USB. Please see the following thread (specifically post #10) and make some comments

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...0&goto=newpost

HS 2.5.0.20 (Standard)
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:12 PM
Insteon Overlord

Default I have developed a plugin for the nutech.com AD2USB Vista Alarm interface

The AD2USB interface is $80, and i will selling my plugin via HST for $45. A much better deal than the ICM @ around $250.

Look for my new Vista Alarm sub-forum coming soon to the Security section of this board.

HS 2.5.0.20 (Standard)
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
Seer Deluxe

Very interested in the AD2USB and Plugin.. Price seems fair.

Are they taking orders for the AD2USB now?

and...

Do you have an ETA (however rough) for the plugin?

I wouldn't mind ordering it now and helping with any testing if needed.

(I have a Vista20P Installed by ADT. I own the equipment and pay ADT for monitoring only... so i assume i can add a "keypad" which is what i believe is required without getting ADT permission.)

Thank you for taking on the work of developing the Plugin.

Andrew B.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbWare View Post
Very interested in the AD2USB and Plugin.. Price seems fair.

Are they taking orders for the AD2USB now?

and...

Do you have an ETA (however rough) for the plugin?

I wouldn't mind ordering it now and helping with any testing if needed.

(I have a Vista20P Installed by ADT. I own the equipment and pay ADT for monitoring only... so i assume i can add a "keypad" which is what i believe is required without getting ADT permission.)

Thank you for taking on the work of developing the Plugin.
Yes, nutech.com is selling the ad2usb now. My plugin is ready now as well. I have a msi installation package all set. I plan to post it in my forum once HST sets it up.

Connecting the ad2usb is exactly like connecting an additional keypad...very easy. You should consider where you are going to mount the ad2usb, i had to buy a 15' usb cable so i could mount the device in my closet as opposed to right next to my computer.

nutech.com also has a virtual keypad that you can use from your computer which makes armchair programming a snap.

HS 2.5.0.20 (Standard)
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:38 PM
Insteon Overlord

Default The Vista Alarm plug-in for the AD2USB is avail for download

see the following thread in the NEW Ademco Vista Security Plug-in (3P) forum

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=136099

HS 2.5.0.20 (Standard)