Plugin: my.Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin: my.Trigger

Since a couple of people asked me about making 'Super Trigger' work with HS 2.x, and I switched to HS 2.x myself recently, I decided to give this plugin another shot. Since I lost the source code, I had to start all over again, but it was a great experience. If you find any bugs, or have any suggestions, please let me know! I plan on supporting this plugin for a long time, but will release the source code if I lose interest.

What is it?
    my.Trigger is a very lean HomeSeer 2.x plugin which allows you trigger events based on device string changes. Right now, it supports 2 types of triggers. 'Text', which allows you to do complex string matching, and 'Numerical', which can extract the numeric data from the strings, allowing you to do some simple math comparisons.

Here is a current list of triggers which can be used:
    • contains: matches if the specified keyword can be found in the device string
    • matches (exact): matches if the whole devicestring changes to the specified value
    • matches (regex): allows you to trigger an event if the new devicestring matches a regular expression pattern. While regular expressions can be complex, it also makes this trigger extremely powerful.
    • matches (like): a step down from regular expressions, but still allows you to do very dynamic matching. See this site for more info.
    • is equal to: extracts all numbers (including decimals/negative values), and compares them against the specified value.
    • is greater than: extracts all numbers, and checks if the device string is greater than the specified value. This trigger can not be negated.
    • is less than: extracts all numbers, and checks if the device string is less than the specified value. This trigger can not be negated.
    • is between: extracts all numbers, and checks if the device string falls in the specified range.

Examples
    In case you don't have a need for this, let me give you a few examples of how this plugin could be used:
    • Monitor school closings for your specific shool/location
    • Monitor weather alerts for certain keywords
    • Prevent sprinklers from running when 'rain' is mentioned in the forecast
    • Monitor news alerts about subjects important to you
    • Make an announcement when your favorite stock changes value
    • Trigger events based on dates in a certain range
    • Trigger events based on weather conditions such as windspeed, humidity, etc.
    • Trigger events based on counter values

How to get it?
    You can download my.Trigger here.

How to install it?
    This is very easy, here's how:
    1. Download .ZIP file
    2. Extract DLL from ZIP file, put it in your Homeseer directory
    3. Restart HomeSeer
    4. Go to the Setup tab, and enable the my.Trigger interface
    5. Simply create an event, and specify 'my.Trigger' as the trigger

The only option you can configure is the logging level, nothing else has to be done.

Discuss Here
    Last edited by electron; August 16, 2010, 02:20 PM.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

1.0.2.0 has been posted. It fixes a small error issue, which only occurs when you run the plugin, but don't have any my.Trigger events defined (I never tested it on an empty install).
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

Comment

Working...
    X