This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHLocation V1 Plug-In [No Longer in Development - See PHLocation2]

NOTICE: PHLocation version 1 is no longer being developed or supported due to heavy reliance on Google's API, which was free for personal use at the time of development.

PHLocation2 is currently available as an early beta release and is discussed in this thread. The user guide for PHL2 is in development and you can expect a rough draft by the end of January 2019. Keep an eye on the above thread and the PHL2 release notes for further information.

Following Steve's announcement that he would not be updating snevl Latitude to work with HS3 (at least for the foreseeable future) I decided to create my own Location plug-in for HS3 based on similar function to snevl Latitude.

I have now got the plug-in into a reasonably stable state and would ideally like half a dozen or so beta testers to put it through it's paces. If you are interested in doing some testing and giving some feedback then please email me paul dot huddlestone at gmail dot com.

At present the plug-in supports the new version of Backitude with the http post option and the FollowMee service and I plan to add support for Btraced in the not too distant future.

Download the last version of version 1 here. Be advised that it is no longer being developed or supported.

Paul..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by randy; January 26, 2019, 01:37 PM.

Paul, I was using Steve's script in HS2, I'd be happy to participate in some testing. Mail sent.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Use the plugin too.
      What shall I do to test?

Originally posted by sooty View Post
      Following Steve's announcement that he would not be updating snevl Latitude to work with HS3 (at least for the foreseeable future) I decided to create my own Location plug-in for HS3 based on similar function to snevl Latitude.

I have now got the plug-in into a reasonably stable state and would ideally like half a dozen or so beta testers to put it through it's paces. If you are interested in doing some testing and giving some feedback then please email me paul dot huddlestone at gmail dot com.

At present the plug-in supports the new version of Backitude with the http post option and the FollowMee service and I plan to add support for Btraced in the not too distant future.

The plug-in will be free and once it's complete I will also release the source code.

Paul..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

HS3 Location Plug-In

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
        Use the plugin too.
        What shall I do to test?

I use followmee on 5 iphones

Best,

Comment

so I havent gone this far.. is this to "locate" where you or others are? say work, home, etc???
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

The plug-in is work in progress and it does a similar thing to the snevl latitude package although with a slightly different approach.

Currently it will work with the FollowMee service (Android and iOS) and Backitude (Android). FollowMee is supported by polling the FollowMee server for the latest location of a device (via an undocumented FM API which could be discontinued without notice) and Backitude is supported with direct device to plug-in via an aspx page so no third party server is needed.

I also plan to add support for Btraced in the next couple of weeks but I wanted to be sure the plug-in was stable before adding more features.

If you would like to test the current version and provide me with some feedback / suggestions for improvement etc, then contact me by email at paul dot huddlestone at gmail dot com.

Paul..

Comment

downloading Backitude as we speak
              where do I sign-up for your end ?

2 Androids... 2 I-Pads

e-mail sent
              Last edited by gearyt; October 18, 2013, 04:19 PM.
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Thanks, received the info, will install tonite and see what I can blow up
                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Hi, Paul

I'd be happy to participate in some testing. Mail sent.

Jean-Francois.

Comment

me 2
                    Best,

Comment

I am starting to have a play with databases, and storing information in MySQL Databases etc. I would like to do a 'Places I've been' hotmap which i can do by storing something like a town string in the database.

I know the HS2 version had something like a town field, which outputted in the format of Suburb, State, Country is this something that would be possible with the HS3 Location plugin, and the other question is, is there any way I can trigger a script / event on location change. I don't mind if it inserts the same string in the database (in fact that is the point) but since I don't know which towns I will go to, I need to trigger on a string change but am not sure if this is possible (e.g. Latitude / Longitude change).

I have the script part fine, just not sure about how to extract the Suburb, State, Country style location (I don't want street level information), and also how to trigger the script when my location changes to anywhere.

Thanks!
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I could add the "current location" country and city quite easily. Would you want these as separate HS devices so that when a new user device is created you will have the option of automatically creating country and city devices?

I will add a "current location changed" trigger to the plug-in but it will probably be this weekend before I get time to look at that.

Paul..

Comment

I am setting up HS in a new house so I might just jump right to HS3. The lack of SNEVL Latitude being ported is the holdback for me. I would be willing to help. I run followmee..
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I've been holding back on making the plug-in publicly available because of some issues I was experiencing with the HS3 base application.

For some of the supported location services the plug-in uses aspx pages to receive http post requests from mobile apps and prior to V .50, HS3 appeared to be leaking resources when running aspx pages.

V .50 seems to have fixed the aspx issue so once I add the location change trigger I will post a link here.

Paul..

Comment

Nice, Can't wait. The is the only thing holding me back from upgrading to HS3

Comment

Working...
                              X