HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Pushover Plugin

I have converted my HS2 Pushover plugin (http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160996) to HS3. THIS IS A HS3 PLUGIN - NOT A HS4 ONE.

Pushover is a push messaging service that enables you to send push notifications from your HomeSeer computer to a device (Android, iOS etc) with the Pushover application installed.

NOTE RE HS4 - https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...54#post1327854

Download

Download via the HS3 updater

Release Notes

0.0.0.1 - 08/12/2013 - Initial Release
    0.0.0.9 - 30/11/2014 - Replaced web link with a config link
    0.0.0.10 - 31/12/2014 - Multi Application Support - See post #158
    0.0.0.11 - 27/02/2015 - Support for sending HTML in messages - See post #185
    0.0.0.12 - 02/03/2015 - Fixed minor bug of messages not being sent by script when passing 'Nothing' in as a parameter
    0.0.0.17 - 17/07/2015 - Fixed issue sending to specific devices, UI formatting improvements, fix for multi line messages with HTML, logging function included
    0.0.0.19 - 25/12/2015 - Auto post back in events disabled and now has a save button, box for message text is now a text area for ease
    0.0.0.20 - 13/02/2016 - URL now supports some URL encoding, minor UI bug fixed, link to config page is now back to being a web link
    0.0.0.21 - 24/02/2016 - Device selector is now a multi list so can send to multiple individual devices in an event rather than a single client or all of the clients.
    0.0.0.22 - 14/03/2016 - Minor bug fixed when starting plugin from new, minor change to logging, added event action to withdraw an emergency message
    0.0.0.23 - 09/07/2016 - Added custom replacement variables (see post #531), added event action to change emergency settings
    0.0.0.24 - 11/07/2016 - Added a flood control method to prevent emptying of your Pushover account, updated documentation
    0.0.0.25 - 03/09/2016 - Fixed messages remaining device not updating correctly
    0.0.0.27 - 23/12/2016 - Added support for Glance API (untested), added additional properties for other integration
    0.0.0.28 - 24/01/2017 - Fixed bug where no client was selected by default when creating event, minor logging changes
    0.0.0.29 - 30/01/2017 - Fixed Glance API calls that were not working
    0.0.0.30 - 18/02/2017 - Removed Wan IP custom replacement variable, could cause plugin to hang
    0.0.0.31 - 25/05/2017 - Added documentation link to config page, fixed minor bug with message reply, fixed sounds not loading
    0.0.0.32 - 27/06/2017 - Fixed bug if selecting all clients and also a device, defaults to all clients. Fixed IP address variable replacement.
    0.0.0.33 - 30/06/2017 - Fixed bug introduced in last version with replacement variables, prevent them running repeatedly
    0.0.0.34 - 04/07/2017 - Changed method of URL encoding in message titles to path encoding
    0.0.0.35 - 16/11/2017 - Minor bug fixed with removing a client from the settings page
    0.0.0.37 - 28/01/2018 - Option added to specify message attachments which can send images, see HS post on message board
    0.0.0.38 - 05/02/2018 - Fixed issue with Linux sending message attachments and scripting call bug for attachments
    0.0.0.39 - 17/03/2018 - Possible fix for sending to more than one delivery group previously failing
    0.0.0.40 - 28/04/2018 - Upgrade to web page for settings including new datatable, fix bug if sending message with no text
    0.0.0.41 - 05/05/2018 - Bug fix for attachments, bug fix for messages to multiple clients
    0.0.0.44 - 20/10/2018 - Minor bug fixes and enhancements, as detailed on Pushover Thread
    0.0.0.47 - 06/10/2019 - Fixes for running multiple calls causing some slight overhead in limited performance HS computers
    0.0.0.48 - 07/03/2020 - Remove documentation link, documentation now included in the updater download

Documentation

Attached to this post
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mrhappy; October 6, 2019, 08:08 AM.

Pushover plugin is great!

I was having trouble getting pushover working in HS3, so your timing is perfect. I was up and running in no time! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by digidoc View Post
      I was having trouble getting pushover working in HS3, so your timing is perfect. I was up and running in no time! Thanks for sharing and Happy Holidays.
      Thanks for the feedback and glad it is working.

On unrelated matters happily the plugin seems to support Linux without issue and will work on Linux (non Zee) installs.

Comment

sorry for the lack of knowledge on this..
        so I send an email to my wife and myself once the alarm is enabled/disabled...

will this just be another way to do that?

so this vs emails?
        Attached Files
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Sorry you have lost me, Pushover is like Growl and is a push notification system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_technology) for iOS and Android. A bit like text messaging just free (apart from the cost of the client), faster and supports different options like different warning levels, different message sounds, ability to put URL's in messages and a few other things. Kind of similar to if you have Facebook on your phone and you get the message at the top of the screen telling you what the notification is, Pushover is similar to that. I think Pushover do email to push message bout there should be no need to go down that route apart from perhaps a bit of testing.

The system relies on Pushover's servers, this plugin sends a request to their server which in turn sends it to your phone/tablet.

There are a few more instructions in the HS2 plugin thread.

Comment

ahh makes more sense...
            i have never used stuff like that... growl or this...

so new to me.. sounds cool.. with the abilities.. will have to check it out later in my hs3 life once it is up and running the way i want it!
            thanks!
            Jeff
            HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Just installed the plugin. Works great.

There's sometimes a little lag with the android responding to the messages. The pushover web site adds to the message counter almost immediately after the plugin sends it. But sometimes my phone doesn't respond for a minute or two. But I'll look four their into this. It may be a network issue at work.

Marty.
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Version 0.0.0.2 is on the top post and adds support for line breaks in messages, if you don't need them there is probably no point in downloading but if you do then it is available.

Comment

Just installed....works great! I was texting or emailing all alert information, but this is faster - pretty much instant.

Questions - it doesn't seem like you can use replacement variables in the Message Title. Is that correct?

Thanks,
                  Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
                    Just installed....works great! I was texting or emailing all alert information, but this is faster - pretty much instant.

Questions - it doesn't seem like you can use replacement variables in the Message Title. Is that correct?

Thanks,
                    Scott
                    I just started testing this a few weeks ago--works great! Can we use replacement variables in the body?

Is there a list someplace?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                      I just started testing this a few weeks ago--works great! Can we use replacement variables in the body?

Is there a list someplace?
                      thanks, you can use the same replacement variables that HS supports, there's a list in the help file but I think a couple may be missing unless it has been updated.

Comment

Looks like the list hasn't been updated yet but here is a start http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._variables.htm - there are a couple missing that concern device strings I think, they are in the Bugzilla database somewhere.

Comment

Thanks,
                          Scott
                          Sorry I missed this post, two of them talking about replacement variables and I missed yours. You were correct I initially only supported them in the message body but I have put a new version on the top of the thread which has support for replacement variables in the title, URL and URL Title. I guess the last two might be somehow useful if you had some form of IP address or something in a device string that you wanted to send a message with this in, regardless they should now work OK in the title. I would be grateful if you could let me know if it works OK for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            Sorry I missed this post, two of them talking about replacement variables and I missed yours. You were correct I initially only supported them in the message body but I have put a new version on the top of the thread which has support for replacement variables in the title, URL and URL Title. I guess the last two might be somehow useful if you had some form of IP address or something in a device string that you wanted to send a message with this in, regardless they should now work OK in the title. I would be grateful if you could let me know if it works OK for you.
                            Awesome....worked great for me!

Comment

Awesome....worked great for me!
                              Thanks for letting me know...

Comment

Working...
                              X