This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Velleman K8055 Plugin

I've had a couple of hours to spare so decided to write a plugin for the Velleman K8055 input/output board (I have in the past written a HS2 plugin for this also). The board is well documented and well used for GPIO projects however it does support a relatively low number of input/outputs compared to some other boards . On the other hand it is lower in price than some commercial offerings, it also has slightly better protection with Darlington drivers protecting the inputs/outputs. I have tested and it does run remotely but will not run in Linux (and likely never will).

Plugin is in the HomeSeer Updater

Documentation & Release Notes: http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/...leman K8055 3P
    Last edited by mrhappy; January 18, 2017, 05:14 PM. Reason: New Version - 69

Looks nice and clean, might have to dust off an K8055 to try it out

Comment

If you do use it then it would be great if you could let me know if it works or not

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        I've had a couple of hours to spare so decided to write a plugin for the Velleman K8055 input/output board (I have in the past written a HS2 plugin for this also). The board is well documented and well used for GPIO projects however it does support a relatively low number of input/outputs compared to some other boards . On the other hand it is lower in price than some commercial offerings, it also has slightly better protection with Darlington drivers protecting the inputs/outputs.

I don't honestly know if anyone is still using this in HS2 let alone HS3 so as such no one else has tested it, it should be considered beta like in its current state. I have tested and it does run remotely but will not run in Linux (and likely never will).

All documentation is inside the zip file with the plugin and the DLL file.

Any problems let me know.
        I've installed the board with your software and did not found any issue.
        Works well thanks for this. I use the board with security sensors( garage door)

Comment

Originally posted by midazzz View Post
          I've installed the board with your software and did not found any issue.
          Works well thanks for this. I use the board with security sensors( garage door)
          Thankyou for letting me know it works.

Comment

Thanks for making this version, still using the K8055, for my pond control.....
            Just updated to HS3 and was allready wondering how to get this working again.

Regards
            Jay

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guess by the downloads there are more people using it than I thought.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

To anyone who was a little bothered like I was by the fact that in the last version I had devices set up in blocks for the inputs/outputs etc I have updated the plugin to create a new root device and associate all of the existing devices with this new device so they now all appear in one group.

This follows HS recommendation that devices should follow this principle, if you do not care about how the devices are shown in the UI then there is no point in changing version.

Comment

Is there any way to get this to work with two K8055s?

Comment

Originally posted by Blodstrupmoen View Post
                      Is there any way to get this to work with two K8055s?
                      the plugin only supports one board because I only have one board and was not going to waste money on buying a board just for this purpose. I could add the functionality but prefer to do it with the hardware to test it with...so you can't use more than one board with it.

Comment

K8061

Hello,
                        I have the K8061 board, which is similar, but not enough to work. Would you be willing to share your code with me so I can adapt it to K8061. I will be happy to share it back to you if you want to post it as well.
                        Thanks
                        Brad

Comment

Originally posted by bje View Post
                          Hello,
                          I have the K8061 board, which is similar, but not enough to work. Would you be willing to share your code with me so I can adapt it to K8061. I will be happy to share it back to you if you want to post it as well.
                          Thanks
                          Brad

Comment

New Addition

I just finished building the K8055 kit and tested it with the Velleman demo software on my laptop. Then I connected to HS3 and installed your plugin. Wow! All the devices created and working! The functionality is similar to the HS ADIO-100 but with the K8055 all the ports can function at the same time. With the ADIO-100 you can only have any combination of a total of 8. As you know, the cool part of the K8055 is the LED indicators, test switches and test potentiometers. When I push the switches the HS3 display reflectes their status. When I command the K8055 output ports from HS3 the LEDs respond. When I rotate the pots the HS3 screen reflects their numerical analog value.

I see from the schematic that the USB interface is implemented through the PIC. I don't know a lot about USB. I am using Win7. I wonder if the K8055 will have a USB compatibility problem when I eventually have to upgrade to Win8 or 10. It doesn't appear to have created a USB serial device in Win7 so maybe not. Thanks for the great plugin for this board. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post
                              I just finished building the K8055 kit and tested it with the Velleman demo software on my laptop. Then I connected to HS3 and installed your plugin. Wow! All the devices created and working! The functionality is similar to the HS ADIO-100 but with the K8055 all the ports can function at the same time. With the ADIO-100 you can only have any combination of a total of 8. As you know, the cool part of the K8055 is the LED indicators, test switches and test potentiometers. When I push the switches the HS3 display reflectes their status. When I command the K8055 output ports from HS3 the LEDs respond. When I rotate the pots the HS3 screen reflects their numerical analog value.

I see from the schematic that the USB interface is implemented through the PIC. I don't know a lot about USB. I am using Win7. I wonder if the K8055 will have a USB compatibility problem when I eventually have to upgrade to Win8 or 10. It doesn't appear to have created a USB serial device in Win7 so maybe not. Thanks for the great plugin for this board. -Rick
                              I've used it on Windows 10 so it's not a problem that I can see, I've not tested it long term though - glad it's working for you and hope you enjoy the plugin. The K8055 does not enumerate as a serial port it is a HID device so you should never have serial port issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X