Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoorBird Beta Plugin Release

All,

Following on from http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181427 I have written a plugin for the DoorBird doorbell units (https://www.doorbird.com/). THIS IS A HS3 PLUGIN.

NOTE RE HOMESEER HS4 -
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...80#post1327880

It is a reasonably simple plugin and will exploit most of the available commands from the LAN API.

Any issues/concerns/suggestions please post them to this thread and I will try and resolve, please read the documentation however.

Download

Please download this via the HS3 updater

Release Notes

0.0.0.7 - 01/08/2016 - Fixes as per post #34 - Appears stable
    0.0.0.9 - 26/08/2016 - Minor amendment to live streaming page to use new API method to access the MJPG stream, also fixed minor bug in enabling/disabling this page
    0.0.0.10 - 24/12/2016 - Added option to date/time stamp a downloaded image, also changed the method to determine whether or not the DoorBird unit is online
    0.0.0.12 - 27/12/2016 - Fixed connection status issue, added ability to browse images on drop list that are in the images directory
    0.0.0.15 - 08/02/2017 - Added configuration option for event retrigger time, increased device reset timeouts, included a method to check corrupt images
    0.0.0.16 - 18/02/2017 - Added option to disable debug for Linux installs, fixed repeated logging to console window
    0.0.0.18 - 24/04/2017 - Removed DoorBird Motion notifications from the HS log, caused excessive log traffic
    0.0.0.19 - 18/08/2017 - Added option for motion sensor image download - needs 3D motion sensor enabled
    0.0.0.20 - 24/03/2018 - Changes for new DoorBird API versions, legacy matters removed
    0.0.0.21 - 31/03/2018 - Fix for bug with users needing HS login details to be passed to DoorBird
    0.0.0.23 - 17/11/2018 - Fix for relay/open devices in HS not staying for 5s, fix for older firmware units
    0.0.0.24 - 22/06/2019 - Added option to restart the DB unit with an event action

Documentation

Please see attached to this post
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mrhappy; August 4, 2018, 03:04 AM.

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    All,

Following on from http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181427 I have written a BETA plugin for the DoorBird doorbell units (https://www.doorbird.com/).

The plugin has been tested by some and appears to work, it is reasonably simple and will exploit most of the available commands from the LAN API.

The plugin is a simple installation and is not available through the updater, download the zip file in this post and place it in the HS directory. It has been briefly tested on Linux (via a VM) so should work there.

It is beta so any issues/concerns/suggestions please post them to this thread and I will try and resolve, please read the documentation however.

The plugin will be free but it will be opened up for donation in due course if anyone wishes to do so.
    Thank you!

Sent from my moto x

Comment

Wonderful! Thanks for developing this. I've been considering purchasing a Doorbird and think I'll go ahead and do it now. Will this plugin run on Linux?
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        Wonderful! Thanks for developing this. I've been considering purchasing a Doorbird and think I'll go ahead and do it now. Will this plugin run on Linux?
        I've tested it on an Ubuntu VM and it looks to work fine, I don't have anything else to test it on like a Zee or anything but I can't see it not working on that if it works on Ubuntu.

Comment

awesome works great already setup an event to pulse the lifx light bulbs and speak Someones at the door. Plan to setup speak to Amazon Echo via Bluetooth.

Many thanks mate where do I donate?

Comment

Originally posted by Duc998 View Post
            awesome works great already setup an event to pulse the lifx light bulbs and speak Someones at the door. Plan to setup speak to Amazon Echo via Bluetooth.

Many thanks mate where do I donate?
            I've put the donation link in the first post and thanks for the feedback - please let me know if you have any issues/ideas for the plugin.

Comment

Nice, thanks for this!

Comment

KODI Integration

Hi mrhappy,

Before I get excited, can you please add the option to integrate with Spud's Kodi plugin like this here :http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1213403 It would be nice to add an extra setting to choose the Kodi IP address/addresses on the network. Imagine that!
                Shouldn't everything got to be inter connected or seamless in HomeSeer?

And on another note, here http://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-sec...ance-software/ is the link with extra scripts for more cameras.

Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Honestly what your asking for is out side of the scope of the plugin and already possible. I use Kodi and the securitycam overlay to show cameras from BlueIris.

From what I understand the you can integrate the feed from the camera with blue iris or any other NVR and using events trigger that add-on and pass a parameter to show that specific camera based on a trigger from the plugin.

Basically it's all there already

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                    Hi mrhappy,

Before I get excited, can you please add the option to integrate with Spud's Kodi plugin like this here :http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1213403 It would be nice to add an extra setting to choose the Kodi IP address/addresses on the network. Imagine that!
                    Shouldn't everything got to be inter connected or seamless in HomeSeer?

And on another note, here http://www.htpcbeginner.com/kodi-sec...ance-software/ is the link with extra scripts for more cameras.

Eman.
                    I'm sorry but I am not going to add specific options for specific plugins. Inter-connectivity is what the HomeSeer application is for, making calls between plugins means I have to contact authors, come to agreements over how data is exchanged, be wary in my plugin when I make changes to determine if it breaks anything else (and yes I have been here before) etc. I also don't own the plugin in question and would have to buy it.

Providing you can link to a static image from Kodi (which I imagine you can) then the functionality already exists in the plugin, when you download an image from the device it will sit in the HS HTML directory and you can link Kodi to this image and it should display.

Edit: Beaten to it with the same information!

Comment

Relating to KODI wrote about a custom IP Camera script over on Cocoontech in 2014 for XBMC ==>

XBMC Security Cam Overlay Script

It will need a bit of adjustments for current KODI.

Just tested a new IP camera script that works with RTSP and MJPEG just fine.

IE using Zoneminder.
                      RTSP==> rtsp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/4?tcp
                      MJPEG ==> hxxp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/zm/?view=watch&mid=5

It is located here:

IPCam

You can just download the script zip file and install it, configure it using RTSP in about 5 minutes.

For multiple cameras just change the name of the IP camera in the configuration and the name of the zip file to match your camera.
                      Last edited by Pete; July 13, 2016, 03:46 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        Relating to KODI wrote about a custom IP Camera script over on Cocoontech in 2014 for XBMC ==>

XBMC Security Cam Overlay Script

It will need a bit of adjustments for current KODI.

Just tested a new IP camera script that works with RTSP and MJPEG just fine.

IE using Zoneminder.
                        RTSP==> rtsp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/4?tcp
                        MJPEG ==> hxxp://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/zm/?view=watch&mid=5

It is located here:

IPCam

You can just download the script zip file and install it, configure it using RTSP in about 5 minutes.

For multiple cameras just change the name of the IP camera in the configuration and the name of the zip file to match your camera.

Nice one Pete,

I think it's the same script discused about here :http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182540.
                        It's been kept alive (recycled) over the years. Credits still go to you.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          I'm sorry but I am not going to add specific options for specific plugins. Inter-connectivity is what the HomeSeer application is for, making calls between plugins means I have to contact authors, come to agreements over how data is exchanged, be wary in my plugin when I make changes to determine if it breaks anything else (and yes I have been here before) etc. I also don't own the plugin in question and would have to buy it.

Providing you can link to a static image from Kodi (which I imagine you can) then the functionality already exists in the plugin, when you download an image from the device it will sit in the HS HTML directory and you can link Kodi to this image and it should display.

Edit: Beaten to it with the same information!

The only reason I asked is I saw this "The DoorBird unit will only allow one connection at a time to the API" in the help file and I though that may be your plugin takes sole control of the device. I'm still waiting for the device to come and test. If it can still send video/image to other devices and at the same time connected to the plugin then that's a plus because that's how I view the image in Kodi. So with you events/device change I can invoke the Kodi plugin to show the video. Cool.

Eman.

Comment

Yup; the IPCam script mentioned is much simpler to configure than the overlay script.

You just have to enter a link for your camera. With RTSP you can stream a variety of resolutions.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I'll have to check that script out,

Comment

Working...
                              X