Thinking about doing a plugin for the z-wave locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about doing a plugin for the z-wave locks

I am thinking of writing a plugin for the z-wave locks.
    I can think of some things I would like to do depending on the status of the lock.
    This would also make it easier for people who cannot write scripts.

For one... I want to have the BLDSC disarm my system when I enter my lock code at the lock... saves me some time

I am looking for thoughts on this (good idea or bad) and maybe ideas of what people would want to see.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

It might have been mentioned in the 'requests' thread, but I'd like to associate a user code to a person. I currently have 4 codes in one lock, but have no idea which is which when creating an event.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

If you're thinking of writing it i'd be willing to bet you also have it half done.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        If you're thinking of writing it i'd be willing to bet you also have it half done.
        LOL nope.. I have not started it.
        I want to make sure it makes sense and would be useful.
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
          It might have been mentioned in the 'requests' thread, but I'd like to associate a user code to a person. I currently have 4 codes in one lock, but have no idea which is which when creating an event.
          This could be done.
          You would just assign users for a lock and assign the name to the user code you setup in the lock.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Hello Blade,

I really think this would be helpful. I would buy it from you as i would like to disarm my security panel upon entry of a code too. Let me know if you wouold like help testing.

Comment

After all of the great things your BLStat plugin has enabled me to do, I'd LOVE to see one for the locks.

One function that would be really useful is a passcode manager with the ability to manage and schedule temporary passcodes. I'm envisioning something that has the passcodes and the ability to toggle them as active or inactive. The next column would be for scheduling so that you could schedule when a passcode is active or inactive (helpful for babysitter or cleaning person). Finally would be an option to make the passcode expire after a certain number of times it's been used or after so many hours after it's first used (helpful for repairman or delivery man).

Comment

Hey, Bob,

Good to hear you are planning this! Can I help you test it? I have a kwikset and DSC panel.

I can barely contain the excitement.
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

This would be nice, however you can currently disarm the dsc system with a Zwave lock, I am already doing this with a basic event. Setup a value change event of the alarm device of the zwave lock... When user code entered.. Disarm the security system... Or just when user code 1 entered disarm the security system

-Tom-
                  -Tom-

Comment

Sound great. I'd love to see a plugin for the locks.

Maybe the ability to limit codes during certain times. As an example, we have a cleaning service that come on Tuesdays between noon and 4pm. Their code would not work at any other time and the plugin would send me an email if attempts were made.

Comment

I know you can do a lot of the things you want by using events and scripting but I am thinking it would make life easy for people to have a plugin that allowed the control of it.

I will not be able to add user codes to the lock unless I can convince Rich to expose an api call. I will send him an email on this.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Could you also add the same option for BLsecurity to disarm the system when lock code in enterd at the lock.

A real time log of who lock/unlock.

Thank you

Bigmack48

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
                          Sound great. I'd love to see a plugin for the locks.

Maybe the ability to limit codes during certain times. As an example, we have a cleaning service that come on Tuesdays between noon and 4pm. Their code would not work at any other time and the plugin would send me an email if attempts were made.
                          Not sure this could be done. If you enter the code in at the lock it is going to unlock. I can log it though but I do not think I can stop it from unlocking. I do not even think you could do this with HS if you are entering the code at the physical lock.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I think the only way around this would be to just monitor codes that have been entered. Then hold a list of "valid" codes on the HS system. If the code is valid, have HS send the unlock.

Otherwise, you are right, as soon as you enter a code, if it is valid, it unlocks.

--Dan
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Would be very interested.

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
                              X