Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about doing a plugin for the z-wave locks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    I think the only way around this would be to just monitor codes that have been entered. Then hold a list of "valid" codes on the HS system. If the code is valid, have HS send the unlock.

    Otherwise, you are right, as soon as you enter a code, if it is valid, it unlocks.

    --Dan
    The problem is that when the person enters a code at the lock kepyad and it is valid it will unlock. I could have it automatically lock again based on the time of day for the user code but that would depend on how fast the user is at turning the deadbolt

    The problem is that the lock itself works independant of HS and just sends the z-wave command when it is unlocked and HS just reads that signal.
    If there was a way to have HS validate the user code then it could be disabled but I do not think that is possible.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Blade View Post
      The problem is that when the person enters a code at the lock kepyad and it is valid it will unlock. I could have it automatically lock again based on the time of day for the user code but that would depend on how fast the user is at turning the deadbolt

      The problem is that the lock itself works independant of HS and just sends the z-wave command when it is unlocked and HS just reads that signal.
      If there was a way to have HS validate the user code then it could be disabled but I do not think that is possible.
      Just a few random ideas.

      To make it work, you'd need some sort of schedule, an offline db of valid user codes, and some way to relate the schedules to the codes. Then have the plug-in delete user codes outside the schedule, and re-add them once it's inside the schedule.

      For ease of use, it would naturally need to be dynamic and easy to change a schedule, and have an "enable one-shot" user code - which would allow one opening of the door and then would not work again.

      One way to circumvent some of the problems, at least for the schlage deadbolt, would be to force it unlocked, then wait for it to relock. You'll then get what code was used. Will run the battery down much faster, but if the functionality is consistent, reliable and known, it may be worth it.

      You could also run a browser session within the plug-in, simulate user data entry, and scrape the browser 'page' for the user lock data. That would allow you to add, delete, etc. and some of the functions which may not be exposed by the api.

      However, that said, I'd be hesitant to give my door lock control to a plug-in without it being open source, or at least vetted by HST as being ok for integration in keeping with their security expectations. Yeah, I know they're busy, but it would be a valuable service, worthy of say $10 extra per plug-in to have it HST certified - meaning it could be 2 or 3 revs older than an un-vetted release available in the updater.
      huggy_d1

      Automating made easy

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Blade View Post
        The problem is that when the person enters a code at the lock kepyad and it is valid it will unlock. I could have it automatically lock again based on the time of day for the user code but that would depend on how fast the user is at turning the deadbolt

        The problem is that the lock itself works independant of HS and just sends the z-wave command when it is unlocked and HS just reads that signal.
        If there was a way to have HS validate the user code then it could be disabled but I do not think that is possible.
        Why not add a code at a certain time and certain date and then remove it via your plugin or script. You can assign to to like Code Slot #25 or above, since you can have 30. This way you don't conflict with lagit codes.
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

        Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

        Comment


        • #19
          I received an email back from Rich and he said they do plan to add some lock control thru HST because they want to add control to HSTouch.

          I am hoping they can add the ability to add and remove lock codes for a lock. This would be great.
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
            Could you also add the same option for BLsecurity to disarm the system when lock code in enterd at the lock.

            A real time log of who lock/unlock.

            Thank you

            Bigmack48
            Good idea. This probably doesn't help with the schlage lock plugin but it may be a good idea to allow the lock to control the alarm system. Valid code disarms system. More importantly, invalid code starts a timer where if a valid code is not entered, the alarm sounds.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by heatvent View Post
              Good idea. This probably doesn't help with the schlage lock plugin but it may be a good idea to allow the lock to control the alarm system. Valid code disarms system. More importantly, invalid code starts a timer where if a valid code is not entered, the alarm sounds.
              That would work today if the Alarm plugin actually gave value changes for Arm Status'. The HS DSC plug does NOT change status or value when it arms so, you can't run events off of it, that I can see.

              If anyone knows how to get a DSC to show status changes, we are good to go!
              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

              Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                That would work today if the Alarm plugin actually gave value changes for Arm Status'. The HS DSC plug does NOT change status or value when it arms so, you can't run events off of it, that I can see.

                If anyone knows how to get a DSC to show status changes, we are good to go!
                Try out BLDSC.
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  Try out BLDSC.
                  Thanks, Bob! I know your stuff works...

                  At his point though, we need to maximize the plugins we have already paid for.
                  Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

                  Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have some of this plugin done. Not a lot but some of it.
                    I will have to continue it when I get back from vacation.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Blade,

                      What you need and what Homeseer is not capable of doing as of now is "Schedule Entry Lock" command class which has been available for awhile through Zensys.

                      See: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145511 and http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....3&postcount=17

                      This would allow exactly what you are trying to implement in your plugin. I and others have requested this feature to be added in future HS releases, but they are very very quiet about it. I am assuming it must be a security issue, but who knows.

                      Its a long shot, but is there any way you could use this zwave command class natively without using Homeseer?

                      Otherwise we will all have to wait and see when they decide to implement this feature.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X