HS Licenses for BL plug-ins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS Licenses for BL plug-ins?

Now that my paid BL plug-ins are under HS, why do my license emails from HS not include any of my BL plug-ins?

I just moved all my stuff to a new machine, and at the same time bought some new stuff from Homeseer. I just assumed that the email I got last week from HSTech would have ALL the licenses that were blessed by Homeseer, but it only included my non-Blade licenses. I thought I would be in big trouble, but managed to find an old email Bob sent me with my new HS licenses.

Sounds like Blade is only partially accepted back into the fold.

Seriously though, HSTech seems to indicate that my licenses can always be recalled from them. I'd like to think that isn't "all except Blade's". Has anyone else seen this?

Steve

The license ID's were all moved but unless you register your licneses with HS there will be no additional information.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Rupp,

I have no idea what that means.

Let me try again, as I don't think I was clear: My BL plug-ins are now licensed through Homeseer. When I either buy something new from Homeseer or request my license codes, I get an email that includes all the codes and usernames for all the items licensed through Homeseer. That is, all EXCEPT those of the BL plug-ins.

When I re-installed the plug-ins, I registered via the Register buttons on the Homeseer setup / interfaces page, just like every other item sold through Homeseer. I would have believed that meant I was "registering the licenses with Homeseer".

So is Homeseer handling these licenses, or not?

Will I never be able to request my license codes for ALL my Homeseer licenses?

Steve

Comment

The licensing system tracks all licenses via your Help desk email account. So if this account isn't on the license then you will not be able to use the automated system. You need to put in a help desk request and list your license id's that aren't being returned and ask for them to be updated. When you register a license this is the same email account that was used to register the license. Bottom line make sure the email address is up to date on your licenses.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, that makes sense.

My email address hasn't changed, and was the same email for my original purchase from Bob as Homeseer has. So, it sounds like either Bob didn't provide the email addresses to Homeseer when he moved over, or Homeseer didn't do anything with them.

I'd be curious if I'm the only one, and I would bet I'm not. It seems like a cleaner solution would be for Bob to bulk-resend the licenses with email addresses to you guys, rather than me (and others) individually asking that our emails be poked in for the individual licenses.

Should I wait until Bob gets back from vacation and see if a more holistic approach could be tried, or put in the help desk request?

Steve
          Last edited by stevea; February 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I would put in a help desk ticket. This is what others have done and eventually they will all get changed.
            -Rupp
            sigpic

Comment

Unconfigured PHP Module

Collapse

Working...
            X