Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ifttt.com plugin?

Hi Blade
    Have you ever considered at plugin to some of the cloud based event/automation services like ifttt.com ?
    A plugin to ifttt.com for instance would open hs to really a lot of other scenarios.

I have not heard of that.
    I will have a look as soon as I can and check it out
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Ifttt.com plugin?

I guess to be able to trigger a HS event when I am tagged on facebook would be cool and visa versa. There are Many connections on ifttt including Hue.
      Another ex. Could be to drop a file in dropbox action etc.
      I am not sure if ifttt can work on against our individual hs installations.

Comment

i looked at this briefly and they didn't have a public api to interface with. you could add send an email to each ifttt recipe and have HS parse that email.

Comment

Originally posted by damage View Post
          i looked at this briefly and they didn't have a public api to interface with. you could add send an email to each ifttt recipe and have HS parse that email.
          Did you check here, it looks like you need to create a homeseer channel on ifttt to interface with the plugin, but they do have an public API for this. Really HST should do this--it ends up being free advertising for homeseer. If they cannot, hopefully Blade can knock this our in the next half hour or so.

FYI, when I say "public" api it looks like there is a gate to go through before you get to the "public" part. One homeseer ifttt plugin would be like having the following plugins for homeseer:

gmail
          pushover
          ios contacts
          ios reminders
          gcalendar
          ios calendar
          ios photos
          boxcar
          twitter
          yammer
          phone
          wemo switches
          phillips hue
          facebook
          evernote
          dropbox

and many more. Also, an android app is in development so anyplace there is ios above will presumably be android too in the future--plus more since more is possible on android.

IFTTT uses triggers, actions, and recipes which is similar to triggers, actions, and events in homseer. Hope this helps, as this would probably be cool for automating "cloudy" things based on local homeseery types of things. Just going through the recipes on IFTTT there are a lot of possibilities.

Create devices for wemo switches, withings scales, jawbone up, phillips hue, and weather in homeseer. Execute events based on google calendar, tweets, ios reminders, boxcar, facebook, foursquare, dropbox, phone, gchat, gmail, weather, stock price, etc... Based on hs device status change, trigger, facebook, phone, dropbox, gmail, wemo switches, etc....

If there where an HS IFTTT channel and plugin what recipes could you come up with?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
            Did you check here, it looks like you need to create a homeseer channel on ifttt to interface with the plugin, but they do have an public API for this. Really HST should do this--it ends up being free advertising for homeseer. If they cannot, hopefully Blade can knock this our in the next half hour or so.

FYI, when I say "public" api it looks like there is a gate to go through before you get to the "public" part. One homeseer ifttt plugin would be like having the following plugins for homeseer:
            that link is if you have a public api that they can connect to, not that they have an api that you can connect to. use gmail for example. there is a single url for ifttt to go to, gmail.com. every user of gmail can authorize ifttt to access the data through that URL with gmail's api.

for HS to work in this fashion, there would have to be a single site, say homeseer.com, with a public api, that ifttt can use to access user data. each user would have to authorize ifttt to pull/push to their homeseer.com account. i suppose a plugin would come in to allow homeseer.com to pull/push from a user's private HS system.

Comment

Originally posted by damage View Post
              that link is if you have a public api that they can connect to, not that they have an api that you can connect to. use gmail for example. there is a single url for ifttt to go to, gmail.com. every user of gmail can authorize ifttt to access the data through that URL with gmail's api.

for HS to work in this fashion, there would have to be a single site, say homeseer.com, with a public api, that ifttt can use to access user data. each user would have to authorize ifttt to pull/push to their homeseer.com account. i suppose a plugin would come in to allow homeseer.com to pull/push from a user's private HS system.
              Doh. Yah, sadly that is true. I guess in that case there are only two courses of action that offer full solution. Homeseer goes cloudy, and then creates an API for that that then gets integrated to IFTTT, or IFTTT creates HS plugin. Somehow I think the homeseer userbase is not large enough to attract the attention of IFTTT.

The other option is simply creative e-mailing and using the gmail recipe in iFTTT to control stuff, or growl and boxcar, twitter (although that seems to be leaving IFTTT?), or pushover.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                The other option is simply creative e-mailing and using the gmail recipe in iFTTT to control stuff, or growl and boxcar, twitter (although that seems to be leaving IFTTT?), or pushover.
                that's what i was thinking too.

Comment

Ifttt.com plugin?

I guess one way or another services like ifttt is entering the homeautomation scene in the same pace as hardware suppliers deliver solutions that are cloud connected. Hue and now this seems like good examples https://ifttt.com/wemo_light_switch?...aign=July_2013

I agee that a cloudversion of HS would be the best solution - but while they stabilize hs3 a cool plugin would be great. I am willing to pay both a monthly small cloud plugin fee and a plugin license for something that would connect My Local hs with ifttt.

Comment

I have created an IFTTT plugin!
                    Look here: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1187

Comment

Working...
                    X