Plug-in update problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in update problem

I tried updating BLRussound and BLSpeech three times. After the first attempt I disabled the plug-ins first, but then I couldn't download at all because the server was down. When the server was back on line I tried again (but forgot to disable the plug-ins first) and failed again. It looks like the update attempt is crashing the server.

I've been able to update other plug-ins without issue, so I don't think it's a problem with my system, but maybe I just need to disable the plug-in first. Rather than crash the system again, though, I thought I should check to see if there is something else. Should I just do one plug-in at a time? If so, does it matter which one is first? If I disable the plug-in before updating, do I need to also restart HS (with the plug-in disabled) before attempting to update?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

My site is up

Try this:

1. Disable plugin
    2. Restart HS3
    3. Update plugin
    4. Re-enable plugin

You could disable both and restart, then update both and re-enable them
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

That went very smoothly. Haven't done any testing yet, but the update process looks good. Thanks.

Any plans to eliminate the need to restart HS with the plug-ins disabled?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Not my choice - I have no idea why this is happening
        It happens to me even with other plugins that are not mine
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X