Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for plugins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for ideas for plugins

    I am currently looking for ideas for plugins to develop. If you have a need, let me know and I'll see what it would entail. Since I have the framework built from my other plugins anything simple enough I can release for free.

  • #2
    Some thoughts:
    Bell expressvu.
    PS3 or PS4
    WDTV Live
    Still would love to see the Trane WIFI Thermostat.
    Jim
    ----
    Plugins:Z Wave 3.0.1.55, HS3 Pro 3.0.0.208, HS3Touch, HS3Touch IOS, Z-Net, SceneMaster, XBMC, Sonos, Media Controller, Envisalink (52 Virtual nodes), JowiHue, EasyTrigger, Liftmaster MyQ, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLRadar, Pushover

    Devices:Cooper RF9540, Cooper Scene, Yale Locks, Sonos, Phillips Hue and Lux, DSC, Somfy Blinds

    Comment


    • #3
      I would agree with PS3 PS4

      But I have been looking for someone to make a talking face plugin similar to what PcCompanion has on it would love to be able to add talking face to H touch

      Check PcCompanion here www.tuicemen.com

      There is a free trial so you can see how the facesets look

      Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

      Comment


      • #4
        Had one more idea for Automatic car data dongles they have an API available
        here

        https://community.automatic.com/auto...e-an-api-nr7ei

        Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

        Comment


        • #5
          A plugin that can show your Zwave devices poll setting time at a glance and modify then as needed. To do that now you have to go one by one to see there settings. Also if you can achieves some kind mapping to visually see the way there talking to each other. That will of great help.
          Hector
          ____________________________________
          Win.2003 OS, HS3
          BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
          BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rotech View Post
            A plugin that can show your Zwave devices poll setting time at a glance and modify then as needed. To do that now you have to go one by one to see there settings. Also if you can achieves some kind mapping to visually see the way there talking to each other. That will of great help.

            Polling is showed on the "node information" list under Plugins- Z-wave?

            Regards
            Morten

            Comment


            • #7
              Great ideas so far. Off the bat I have to eliminate:

              Playstation 3 - I dont' own one so I can't program against it
              Bell Expressvu- I live in Texas so can't program against one of those either

              I do however own a WDTV Live Hub, I will take a look at the interface to see if there's anything I can work with there. My fear is we could send commands to it, but not get much back for information, so it would be blind.

              The talking face idea is rather interesting, but I'm not sure there's a huge demand for it. I'll look into it and see what it might entail.

              Also, I currently own a Ubiquity MPower power strip where you can control the individual outlets. Anyone have a need for a plugin for that?

              I also own/use a Pentair Screenlogic 2 setup, but alas no ammount of Wireshark traces in the world have allowed me to decipher their protocol. I have written them and they refuse to publish it either

              On the car dongle, I do have a bluetooth OBDII interface, but I currently use the DASH app to interface with IFTT for that. I don't see a ton of use HA related data on this front other than perhaps the ability to tell which vehicles are in/out.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mhn View Post
                Polling is showed on the "node information" list under Plugins- Z-wave?

                Regards
                Morten
                Yes, but you need to open every zwave device to see the polling time. Having a screen where you can see all devices, you can schedule timing for each device so they don't repot all at the same time, having the controller to manage the polling more efficient .
                Hector
                ____________________________________
                Win.2003 OS, HS3
                BLDSC,BLstat,BLRadar,BLRamdom,BLOccupied
                BLups,BLrain8,HSTouch,Ultrajones Weatherbug,
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

                Comment


                • #9
                  The question on what plug-ins would I like to see is really a good one. Generally I go the other way.... cool plug-in --> add the technology. Some times just for the technology's fun factor. I added a chamberlain door opener this past week-end just because of the plugin. Side note.... don't see it in the market, soon?

                  As to plug-ins desired two come to mind. The first being one being an Amazon Echo plug-in (I think that UltraJones has this one in his cross-hairs) and one that directly controls the Uverse set top box. Would allow bi-directional control and take the last IR in my media closets out.

                  Will continue to ponder,

                  Chris

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                    The question on what plug-ins would I like to see is really a good one. Generally I go the other way.... cool plug-in --> add the technology. Some times just for the technology's fun factor. I added a chamberlain door opener this past week-end just because of the plugin. Side note.... don't see it in the market, soon?

                    As to plug-ins desired two come to mind. The first being one being an Amazon Echo plug-in (I think that UltraJones has this one in his cross-hairs) and one that directly controls the Uverse set top box. Would allow bi-directional control and take the last IR in my media closets out.

                    Will continue to ponder,

                    Chris
                    I have submitted the plugin to HomeSeer to put in the store, just waiting for them to do their thing.

                    Amazon Echo, they just integrated it with IFTT but they are planning on releasing an API soon.
                    Last edited by kingfetty; May 6th, 2015, 10:51 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      Yes, but you need to open every zwave device to see the polling time. Having a screen where you can see all devices, you can schedule timing for each device so they don't repot all at the same time, having the controller to manage the polling more efficient .
                      I see polling: on the website but I need to go to the device to change it.

                      Are we on different versions?

                      Regards
                      Morten

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        mFi plugin for mPower and other ubiquity hw might be cool. Especially If you got power reporting to work.
                        _______________________________________________

                        HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                          mFi plugin for mPower and other ubiquity hw might be cool. Especially If you got power reporting to work.
                          Yeah, it looks like a pretty straight forward API

                          http://community.ubnt.com/t5/mFi/mPo...I/td-p/1076449

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            mPower pro looks great. Is that what you have? Do you need any bridge to use it?
                            _______________________________________________

                            HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                              mPower pro looks great. Is that what you have? Do you need any bridge to use it?
                              Yes, I have the Mpower Pro, it's aweseome! No bridge needed, it has both wired and wireless ethernet built in. The thing runs on linux, you can even ssh into it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X